Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

What should be aiming for next season?

Without tempting faith, I reckon we are a team that should be going for CL football next year. 

Looking at our starting 11 yesterday, with the exception of our wingers we have potentially a team who could give the big boys a game on a consistent basis. 

A solid keeper who doesn't make many mistakes, a settled back four with the best full backs outside of Liverpool imo. 

Ndidi for me is the best player in the league currently in that holding role and Tielemans and Maddison are exceptional, young creative players. In Vardy as well,  we have one of the best strikers in the league. 

Where we may fall short is our wide players. Albrighton, Barnes, Gray have all done a job for us - but we want to go to the next level like Man City and Liverpool, we need them to play like inside forwards and contribute to the goal scoring as well. If we get this right this summer - whether it's improving our existing players or signing better ones then I can't see why we won't improve on our finish this season next year.

All in all, exciting times for us ahead!

I'm aiming for us to officially replace white in our club colours with gold. Also replace blue with gold while we're at it. 

Home kit: gold with gold trim

Away kit: darker gold  with gold detailing

Third kit: vintage Leicester blue with off-white/grey trim+Steve Walsh face in gold etching on back or maybe front of shirt. Extra long shorts. 

We should also aim to win 3 Red cards while the ball is out of play. 

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

In all honesty our central aim really should just be getting 40 points and ensuring we stay up.

Really?

I believe that is a minimal demand due to finances within the Premier League, however with the new training ground ready for June 2020, which will be one of the top 10 in the world, surely we should be aiming to be a top 20 European Superpower, not a Premier League bottom feeder... 

I am continually surprised at how our fans can not let go of our YoYo past since the 80's, we are a different club now. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 3

Progress, improvement in the points tally and stability. 

The latter I think will be achievable with Rodgers staying. 

Keeping the same core group of players should pave the way for the first two to happen. Playing to players strengths as well - utilising Vardy like we have done since Rodgers came in has changed our fortunes compared to start of the season. Getting Tielemans in has also contributed to that. There's a feel good factor at the club now and building on that can really help with how we prepare and encounter next season. 

A few more shrewd signings to improve the depth of the squad is key as well. It's improved slightly with the option of Barnes and Choudhury being able to play but it needs to be better to really be the 'best of the rest'. 

Top 6 is possible more than probable. When you look at how Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal have been recently it means they will be spending to improve their squads too so will make it more difficult. Clubs like those don't stay shit for long.

A bit more consistency wouldn't go amiss either. There's only been a couple of periods this season where we've gone on a winning streak or unbeaten run of games. Obviously what happened in October had a big part in not having that but next season can be a fresh start and I believe we'll get a lot of positivity with Rodgers there. I think he genuinely feels that something really good can happen (again) at the club and the next direction we go is up again wherever we end up this season. 

And, as an aside to the league, being successful in the cups! Or at least one of them! Improving on squad depth can help with this too. Getting to Wembley and getting more silverware can be the next step up for us. 

Win a domestic cup and finish top half.

If we keep Tielemans, stuff it - let's try to break the top 6. If we can work out how to break down teams that come to our place with a game plan like Newcastle did, we could be very special indeed with the balance our squad now has. If we could bottle yesterday's performance and bring it out week-in week-out we'd be top four, comfortably, but we all know our bane is our failure to break down defensive set-ups.

Edited by OntarioFox

Realistic aim for next season is to break the 60 points barrier, which will be a decent improvement on this year. I am quietly confident if we get Tielemans and our transfer in's and outs go to plan then that could put us in with a decent shot at being amongst the top 6 but to expect or be disappointed if we didn't is pretty moronic.

I think we'll have a right good go in the cups under Rodgers as he wants to win things in England, the squad is going to be very competitive.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Realistic aim for next season is to break the 60 points barrier, which will be a decent improvement on this year. I am quietly confident if we get Tielemans and our transfer in's and outs go to plan then that could put us in with a decent shot at being amongst the top 6 but to expect or be disappointed if we didn't is pretty moronic.

I think we'll have a right good go in the cups under Rodgers as he wants to win things in England, the squad is going to be very competitive.

Agree completely. Breaking the 60 point barrier will serve as an excellent marker for progress. I also think it should see us finish 7th, which meets another objective. We have barely competed in the domestic competitions over the past 15 years and I think we will have the squad to take us to Wembley. Games like yesterday´s fill me with confidence that on our day, we can take on anyone. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Really?

I believe that is a minimal demand due to finances within the Premier League, however with the new training ground ready for June 2020, which will be one of the top 10 in the world, surely we should be aiming to be a top 20 European Superpower, not a Premier League bottom feeder... 

I am continually surprised at how our fans can not let go of our YoYo past since the 80's, we are a different club now. 

Got nothing to do with our past. PL money is our collateral for these capital projects now so we absolutely must stay up.

Of course it's the minimum demand, but it's also the most important one. We ain't getting top 6 so mid-table even down to about 13th and a decent cup run is good enough.

• Haha 1

Premier League Title win wrapped up by February with 105 points earned to beat Man City's record

FA Cup

League Cup

Vardy to score 40 goals including 12 in a row to break his previous record

Anything less than this will be considered a complete disaster and we'll have to take a long hard look at what Brendan Rodgers is bringing to our club. 

• Haha 2