Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

What should be aiming for next season?

4 hours ago, foxtonhin said:

I'm aiming for us to officially replace white in our club colours with gold. Also replace blue with gold while we're at it. 

Home kit: gold with gold trim

Away kit: darker gold  with gold detailing

Third kit: vintage Leicester blue with off-white/grey trim+Steve Walsh face in gold etching on back or maybe front of shirt. Extra long shorts. 

We should also aim to win 3 Red cards while the ball is out of play. 

tumblr_mvnuspWn4m1scoji7o3_250.gif

in ten years of reading FT i can’t ever remember a thread that started like this one ending in anything other than disaster. whether it’s “the next five games are all very winnable” or “7th is there for the taking” we always then lose 3 in a row to newcastle, bournemouth and palace. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Premier League Title win wrapped up by February with 105 points earned to beat Man City's record

FA Cup

League Cup

Vardy to score 40 goals including 12 in a row to break his previous record

Anything less than this will be considered a complete disaster and we'll have to take a long hard look at what Brendan Rodgers is bringing to our club. 

Absolutely this.  Can't be doing with all these miserable realists! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Can imagine Utd and Arsenal will still being below par next year. Possibly Chelsea too given their transfer ban.

Silly to expect it but there's no reason we can't take a top 6 spot.

If we sign Youri and a goalscoring wide player, I'd class top 6 as a realistic target.

I think beating everyone apart from City and Liverpool is achievable. The other 4 teams are big clubs with great history, but their fans and owners dictate what is not achievable. 

I can never see Man United going through a rebuilding process like we did with Puel and bringing in fresh new blood which is what all these teams need. They will instead sign established stars and overpay them - hoping this short term fix will be a catalyst for further success (like Alexis Sanchez).

The reality a lot of the time is that the dressing room becomes divided as the established players become vocal when these expensive stars do not perform, it creates dressing room divides which consequently impacts the onfield performance.

We currently have none of these personnel or it appears so from the outside anyway. We sign young players with something to prove....not players that have done it at a higher level and are looking for a step down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

in ten years of reading FT i can’t ever remember a thread that started like this one ending in anything other than disaster. whether it’s “the next five games are all very winnable” or “7th is there for the taking” we always then lose 3 in a row to newcastle, bournemouth and palace. 

Well, it's Leicester City FC we are talking about, aren't we?

Win vs. Chelsea and ManCity, smash Arsenal, lose 1-4 to Palace at home... that's what we do.

Supporting the bloody squad and the manager.

Sticking to constructive criticism.  Avoiding “he’s shite, get rid” slagging after a bad game -- or of the lads whose styles or social media don’t meet Dad tastes.

Not going off on posters whose opinions differ.

oh … you meant the CLUB ?!   :whistle:

We have some really talented young lads that could play a big part in our progression to the "next level". We'll need to be at least picking up one of the Europa League places to have a chance of holding on to the likes of Maguire, Chilwell, Ricardo, Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans (assuming we sign him!).

So I think we should really be aiming to break into the top 6. We have a lot of very talented youngsters on our books, who are destined to be playing European football within the next season or two, with or without us. Let's suck it up, pay the money for Tielemans and a goalscoring winger, and have a real good go at stealing one of those top 6 places from the big boys.

Our aim should be to target top 6 (which means probably targeting CL qualification).

But also to target an FA cup win.

If we find the two conflict prioritise the FA cup.

I think after a title win and 5 seasons in the EPL to have 40 points as your ambition is incredible backwards and out of date thinking.  Cannot believe someone said that.

Spoke to some palace and saints fans the other week and they are sick of lack of ambition and they told me they would rather be relegated so they could go for a promotion again rather than just aim to hit 40 points every season.  I dont blame them.

I feel the target is realistic.  The talent we have is clearly capable but it does need a good summer.  We need to keep tielemans for a starter.

Also this is pretty much a duplicate of a thread I only responded to yesterday.

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Premier League Title win wrapped up by February with 105 points earned to beat Man City's record

FA Cup

League Cup

Vardy to score 40 goals including 12 in a row to break his previous record

Anything less than this will be considered a complete disaster and we'll have to take a long hard look at what Brendan Rodgers is bringing to our club. 

Who do you expect us to drop points to?

Norwich or Sheff Utd or lose one game to each?

53 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Who do you expect us to drop points to?

Norwich or Sheff Utd or lose one game to each?

Norwich. We’ll have a last minute penalty to equalise but it will be taken by Madison who will bottle it because he’ll see Delia Smith in the crowd first and feel guilty for scoring. The Sun will lead with the headline “Madison let’s Norwich off the Cook”

Foxes Talk will be in complete meltdown and demand Madison be dropped and fined 4 weeks wages despite having 20 assists and 10 goals at this point. 

• Haha 2

Honestly we should be looking to break in the top 6 - though for that we need to retain everyone and sign Youri?

If you look at our starting 11 yesterday compared to Arsenal’s, ours was far better overall. That said, theirs wasn’t full strength. So, man for man, here’s a list and a reason as to why we are at least the 6th best team in this league.

Kasper vs Leno > Kasper

Rici vs Bellerin > Rici all day

Evans vs Koscielny > if fit, koscielny. 

Maguire vs whoever else > Maguire 

Chilwell vs Kolascinac/Monreal > Chilwell

N’didi/Choudhury vs Xhaka > N’didi best of the 3. Choudhury will be the best next season.

Maddison vs Ozil > Ozil is a cracking passer but honestly, that is it. MADDERS overall. 

Tilemans vs Torreria > Youri obvs. 

Barnes vs Iwobi > Iwobi has always flattered to deceive but it’s too early for Barnes to be considered the real deal so Iwobi just. 

Albrighon vs Lacazette > obviously not a like for like but arsenal only seem to have one winger. Lacazette is class can’t even deny it. 

Vardy vs Aub > I wouldn’t swap vardy but I can’t pick between these two really. Vardy has 18 goals this season and aubemeyang has 19 so much of a muchness. 

And thats just Arsenal.

We have better full backs than United and Chelsea. We have 3 better CBs than United and at least 1 better than Chelsea. We have a better striker than United & Chelsea. And we have a better no.10 than those two sides. (Assuming Hazard plays as a winger) 

I honestly don’t think I’m mad by saying that we’re 2 good signings away from being a top 6 club. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

Supporting the bloody squad and the manager.

Sticking to constructive criticism.  Avoiding “he’s shite, get rid” slagging after a bad game -- or of the lads whose styles or social media don’t meet Dad tastes.

Not going off on posters whose opinions differ.

oh … you meant the CLUB ?!   :whistle:

More likely to win the Champions League m8...

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Realistic aim for next season is to break the 60 points barrier, which will be a decent improvement on this year. I am quietly confident if we get Tielemans and our transfer in's and outs go to plan then that could put us in with a decent shot at being amongst the top 6 but to expect or be disappointed if we didn't is pretty moronic.

I think we'll have a right good go in the cups under Rodgers as he wants to win things in England, the squad is going to be very competitive.

This is the correct answer. 

Points target of 60 is realistic if summer recruitment goes well and a points target is the most sensible way of measuring progress rather than arbitrarily picking a league position without knowing how other clubs will do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Norwich. We’ll have a last minute penalty to equalise but it will be taken by Madison who will bottle it because he’ll see Delia Smith in the crowd first and feel guilty for scoring. The Sun will lead with the headline “Madison let’s Norwich off the Cook”

Foxes Talk will be in complete meltdown and demand Madison be dropped and fined 4 weeks wages despite having 20 assists and 10 goals at this point. 

That would be quite something if we owned a player called Madison.

Maddison has a Norwich link, maybe it'll be him?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

More likely to win the Champions League m8...

What if the footballing gods offered LCFC a qualifying place and the eventual CL title, if all of FT would just stop ripping into players, management and fellow posters?

… picture Kasper and Top lifting that European Champions Cup …

:plancque:  We wouldn’t make it past the first summer friendly.

17 minutes ago, martyn said:

This is the correct answer. 

Points target of 60 is realistic if summer recruitment goes well and a points target is the most sensible way of measuring progress rather than arbitrarily picking a league position without knowing how other clubs will do. 

I think if we got to 60 points next season, it will be a great season - one that no one can complain about...but at the same time I think it will be wasted potential. We have something special here at the moment....A young, talented, energetic squad and if we get the recruitment right as you mentioned this summer that could take us beyond some of the big six.

Of course they could equally bring in players that could take it away from us or even take our players....but some of them have a lot further to go then us imo.

Our title winning squad wasn't near the level of this squad imo and with some clear guidance and support which BR will give them, I think we should be competing - but i won't be disappointed if we aren't.