Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

5 hours ago, Tanya said:

I think Mendy should stay.  He still has a unique skill set in the squad: He is brilliant at keeping the ball. I think he could play a unglamorous role in helping us close out games.

Kingy and James and Silva just have to go. 

Back in training today. 

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1263669/mendy-its-great-to-be-back

Nice teeth but odd choice in earrings. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

6 hours ago, Tanya said:

I think Mendy should stay.  He still has a unique skill set in the squad: He is brilliant at keeping the ball. I think he could play a unglamorous role in helping us close out games.

Kingy and James and Silva just have to go. 

Given that Ndidi won't be back until early August, we're going to need someone ready to start the season. Mendy and Tielemans will probably be the partnership early on.

Tielemans is the right partner for Mendy. He and Ndidi just didn't work after a promising start.

On 05/07/2019 at 16:55, volpeazzurro said:

We never did see them together and it always seemed a great alternative. Admittedly Ndidi is the better retriever of the ball but Mendy is a much better passer, but still no slouch in tackle or work rate. People forget the groans on here when they saw Puel had put him in the line up for the start of last season, he was then one of our better and more consistent players every week at that time. He only needed one semi poor match though and he was written off again wrongly for me. He's never going to be flash or eyecatching but is a very useful player to have in the squad. We'd love a good cup run and there has to be rotation whether people like it or not. Players like Mendy are invaluable cover imo. 

Mendy is like Drinkwater for me - not flash, just quietly effective and needs good quality around him to do the flash stuff. 

• Like 1

Every summer we struggle to move the shit and and it's happening again. King still here, Slimani still here, Silva still here. Then there's James, Diabate, Ghezzal, Elder, Jakupovic and possibly Mendy, Amartey and Kapustka. 

It'll probably take us paying some of the wages again as they go off on loan and the recruitment drive of 2016/17 brings yer fcukin dinner back up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Every summer we struggle to move the shit and and it's happening again. King still here, Slimani still here, Silva still here. Then there's James, Diabate, Ghezzal, Elder, Jakupovic and possibly Mendy, Amartey and Kapustka. 

It'll probably take us paying some of the wages again as they go off on loan and the recruitment drive of 2016/17 brings yer fcukin dinner back up.

I agree with most of this but I want to keep hold of King for as long as we can for pure nostalgia. The bloke's been through so much with us - can imagine the players sitting around the camp fire with him telling stories about the past on a cosy Evian evening for years to come... 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I agree with most of this but I want to keep hold of King for as long as we can for pure nostalgia. The bloke's been through so much with us - can imagine the players sitting around the camp fire with him telling stories about the past on a cosy Evian evening for years to come... 

Haha to be fair out of them all I'd want him to go last as he is the all encompassing legend and as 5th choice CM I think he's dependable. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see why we need to get rid of King or Silva. We definitely don't need to get rid of Mendy or Amartey either.

Is Slimaini in Evian atm?

I know this isn’t a popular opinion on here but I can’t see why anybody would want us to keep King. He’s taking a fairly decent wage, last season couldn’t even make the league squad and hasn’t been a starter for us now for 6/7 seasons. I get people banging on about loyalty but has the guy got no ambition at all to play the last few seasons of his career? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

I know this isn’t a popular opinion on here but I can’t see why anybody would want us to keep King. He’s taking a fairly decent wage, last season couldn’t even make the league squad and hasn’t been a starter for us now for 6/7 seasons. I get people banging on about loyalty but has the guy got no ambition at all to play the last few seasons of his career? 

I think he would have happily gone to Derby, but it went wrong when he got that injury. Likewise wasn’t he set to go to Swansea, but then they got relegated? 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Because some of the contracts we give out are ridiculous. Kapustka got a 5 year deal so he'll be around for a while yet. King and James both got 4 year deals when it made no sense to anyone. We gave 28 year old Slimani a 5 year contract. Elder gets extension after extension despite no appearances at 24 and not cutting it in three separate championship loans.

We gave Albrighton a new 4 year contract earlier in the year when he's pushing 30 and just started to lose his place in the team. You just know Gray's new long term deal is going to be next.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't see why we need to get rid of King or Silva. We definitely don't need to get rid of Mendy or Amartey either.

Is Slimaini in Evian atm?

Silva is on 80k a week, we simply cannot keep him to be 5th or 6th choice on that money.

• Like 1

Silva is on 80k a week, we simply cannot keep him to be 5th or 6th choice on that money.

Agreed ! I wonder how difficult we will be if Monaco come calling. I do feel quite sorry for AS he knows as it stands he won't start for us and at his age he needs to be playing but I think I read we had enquires from elsewhere but no firm offers. Still time.

• Like 1

80K for a reserve is absolutely huge, we can't feasibly keep that up. He needs to be moved on, it simply hasn't worked and i'd rather focus on our core of Maddison, Youri, Ndidi and Hamza than use AS. 

• Like 1

Sadly you can’t just dump silva’s wages. Selling him would get rid of some but if he finds a club willing to pay him 30k per week then we will still have to pay him 5 million to cover his lost earnings over the remainder of his contact here 

The way that’s structured re transfer fee etc will likely depend on where he goes ..... if it’s a low tax environment then we would take a lower fee and allow the buying club to pay him his missing money via a big s/o fee 

• Like 1

Id like to think Silva will be gone in this window. Feel bad for the guy but he is too costly for the club, when he brings nothing

... Seem to recall seeing an article quoting a few clubs were after him. Depends on the club and i doubt they would pay the wages too take him.. sad situation tbh

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Doesnt EVERY team have these issues though? Its not like we are an exception to the rule. 

If you look at some of the garbage similar teams to us like West Ham and Everton have had to get rid of in recent years (and still have hanging around their squads), we are definitely not an exception to the rule. And dont get me started on some of the tripe Arsenal and United have in their squads. We could be alot worse off! Shifting the likes of Slimani isn't easy, but imagine trying to shift the likes of Alexis Sanchez on £500k a week wages! 

• Like 3

On 05/07/2019 at 11:55, volpeazzurro said:

We never did see them together and it always seemed a great alternative. Admittedly Ndidi is the better retriever of the ball but Mendy is a much better passer, but still no slouch in tackle or work rate. People forget the groans on here when they saw Puel had put him in the line up for the start of last season, he was then one of our better and more consistent players every week at that time. He only needed one semi poor match though and he was written off again wrongly for me. He's never going to be flash or eyecatching but is a very useful player to have in the squad. We'd love a good cup run and there has to be rotation whether people like it or not. Players like Mendy are invaluable cover imo. 

whilst i don’t necessarily disagree with you regarding Mendys usefulness, you’ve taken Hamza completely out of the equation and he was the one who impressed me the most out of him, Mendy and ndidi.

49 minutes ago, MPH said:

whilst i don’t necessarily disagree with you regarding Mendys usefulness, you’ve taken Hamza completely out of the equation and he was the one who impressed me the most out of him, Mendy and ndidi.

I think there's room for all three in the squad if we're to compete in three competitions over the course of the season. There are some that seem intent on getting rid of Mendy for some reason as if he's not up to standard. As someone here said, he's got a particular skill set that is slightly different to Ndidi and Choudhury.

• Like 2

With deadwood on high earnings and eternal contracts, you sometimes have to let them go for nothing to shift the wages off the bill. Not ideal, but the alternatives are a loan and we still pay a proportion of the wedge, or the players hangs around and stinks the place out for a few years on some stupid weekly salary.   We gave out some long term sentimental pension top up contracts and are royaly paying the price now.  Still struggling to understand why a 36 YO Wes was retained.