Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Slimani is apparently wanted by Fenerbahce and Istanbul Basaksehir, both want to sign permanently. 

Fenerbache, didn't he bomb there last season or was it another Turkish club? Surely not, I know Olympiakos seem keen as well.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fenerbache, didn't he bomb there last season or was it another Turkish club? Surely not, I know Olympiakos seem keen as well.

Yep. He's bombed everywhere pretty much since Sporting lol

Just now, StanSP said:

Yep. He's bombed everywhere pretty much since Sporting lol

Hahahaaa I honestly think it's mentality with Slimani. The talent is there, he's a bit cumbersome but he's a finisher and very powerful. I think he's a Marseille type player to replace Balotelli. Straight swap for Thauvin? Hahahahaaa

I really hope Benitez comes back in for Slimani with his new Chinese club. A Chinese or Arabic club coming in for him might be our best bet to offload him with the most minimal impact to ourselves. That being said, any interest from Turkish clubs or Olympiacos is most welcome too.

Shifting Slimani and Silva who have both been reported to be on 80k p/w is an absolute necessity. 160k p/w is a huge slug of money to have tied up in reserves and loanees and I'm still hopeful we can recoup a combined 20-25mil for them. If Silva isn't in Evian with the squad, then something is likely to happen with that soon.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

A loan is a joke, he's on his last year of contract its as good as a free signing. 

He's on a big wage from when we handed out big new contracts a few years ago. I doub't he will want a pay cut, so he'll probably take the money for a final year. He's also quite old for teams to want to buy out of quite a big contract.

I don't say this to be disrespectful, he is a club legend. It's just probably what is happening.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Spicer said:

He's on a big wage from when we handed out big new contracts a few years ago. I doub't he will want a pay cut, so he'll probably take the money for a final year. He's also quite old for teams to want to buy out of quite a big contract.

I don't say this to be disrespectful, he is a club legend. It's just probably what is happening.

Isnt there some ridiculous contract thing where we'd make up the shortfall in his wages even if he leaves permanently? Either way I don't see him leaving til his contract runs out which will make it up to a nice 4 years of doing practically nothing of note for us ?

Does King have any intention of playing football again? Baffled why he/his agent haven't sorted a permanent move for him over last few transfer windows. 

He is clearly nowhere near the first team here but could easily be playing week in week out at a decent championship club. 

If he is still here when the window shuts, then he clearly has no desire to play and contribute on the pitch for a team each week. 

He's been amazing for us over the years, but I'm finding his continued (non-playing) presence here, a little sad to be honest.

Get a move to a big championship club Kingy and enjoy actually playing for your last 4-5 years!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Does King have any intention of playing football again? Baffled why he/his agent haven't sorted a permanent move for him over last few transfer windows. 

He is clearly nowhere near the first team here but could easily be playing week in week out at a decent championship club. 

If he is still here when the window shuts, then he clearly has no desire to play and contribute on the pitch for a team each week. 

He's been amazing for us over the years, but I'm finding his continued (non-playing) presence here, a little sad to be honest.

Get a move to a big championship club Kingy and enjoy actually playing for your last 4-5 years!  

Or he could stay at Leicester on 90 grand a week

A lot of the deadwood will be shifted later on the window for sure. Those leagues from which we're likely to get interest for Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal etc. have the whole of August to do business.

At the start of last August, we'd only managed to sell Mahrez and loan out Barnes, Moore and Iversen. By the end of the window, Musa, Gordon and Ulloa had left permanently, and we secured loans for Slimani, Thomas, Benkovic and Kapustka. Only King, Benalouane and Elder weren't named in the 25 man squad at the start of September, and all of those went on to get moves sorted in January.

Edited by jeffschlupp

18 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Swansea were relegated so I'm not sure how their transfer set-up worked after that. He was injured early on at Derby and now they've changed manager so it hasn't been easy for him to get a permanent move despite wanting to play.

Maybe the next one will provide that?

19 hours ago, STUHILL said:

It's difficult. If he's married with kids and an option to move to another part of the country, uproot my family for 50% less or worse of my current salary came up, I don't think I'd be going anywhere would you. It's his job, not a hobby.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's difficult. If he's married with kids and an option to move to another part of the country, uproot my family for 50% less or worse of my current salary came up, I don't think I'd be going anywhere would you. It's his job, not a hobby.

Spot on.  It would good if the Club let him leave on a Free to help him get this move. We owe him that much.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

On 11/07/2019 at 23:17, yorkie1999 said:

Or he could stay at Leicester on 90 grand a week

No way is he on anything close to 90k a week. Doubt he was ever one of our top earners and he hasn’t played much first team football for some time now.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

No way is he on anything close to 90k a week. Doubt he was ever one of our top earners and he hasn’t played much first team football for some time now.

Not certain but I seem to recall reading somewhere it was 45kwhich is the senior players basic. When you consider that many of our youngsters that we signed up on extended deals will not be on senior squad contracts. I think a lot of people might be shocked at what relatively low wages some of them will be on.

On 09/07/2019 at 18:39, lcfcsnow said:

Because some of the contracts we give out are ridiculous. Kapustka got a 5 year deal so he'll be around for a while yet. King and James both got 4 year deals when it made no sense to anyone. We gave 28 year old Slimani a 5 year contract. Elder gets extension after extension despite no appearances at 24 and not cutting it in three separate championship loans.

We gave Albrighton a new 4 year contract earlier in the year when he's pushing 30 and just started to lose his place in the team. You just know Gray's new long term deal is going to be next.

This is an excellent point, and one that isn’t made enough when people say how ‘well managed’ the club is. 

I think it it has been overall, but some contract decisions have been crazy. 

Thankfully success on the pitch means they haven’t turned into a massive problem - but they easily could have if we got relegated. 

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:03, Dahnsouff said:

Bit cack, but http://www.envertetcontretous.fr/articles/mercato-l-asse-s-interesse-a-rongier-et-mendy-38078-1.html

Stop moaning, just use Google Translate (Web tools) :thumbup:

For those that cant be a*sed it is basically saying that St.Etienne have been taking a peak at Mendy, amongst others, who they think might be around 8M euros, .  Probably just French journo talk but might actually be a good bit of business all round if true.

• Like 2