Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

If we sign a winger and stick with the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 formation Gray is going to be 5th choice I think? 

New winger, Perez, Albrighton & Barnes would all be ahead of him. 

If this is the case we should cash in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shane said:

If we sign a winger and stick with the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 formation Gray is going to be 5th choice I think? 

New winger, Perez, Albrighton & Barnes would all be ahead of him. 

If this is the case we should cash in. 

Tend to agree. Was quite excited when we signed Gray as saw him as the future but so far he has not developed that potential (unfortunately this happens with young players they reach their ceiling early - Joachim was the same).  That is not to say he is not a good player but he will definitely slip down the pecking order and if we did sign another quality winger then this is probably the right time to cash in on him.  If he is not getting regular game time then his stock will fall so if that is likely to be the case then we should take the money.  I think something in the region of £25M would be a fair price given his age etc.  Who knows he may blossom into the player we all hoped he would be in a different club.

Edited by urban fox

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Tend to agree. Was quite excited when we signed Gray as saw him as the future but so far he has developed that potential (unfortunately this happens with young players they reach their ceiling early - Joachim was the same).  That is not to say he is not a good player but he will definitely slip down the pecking order and if we did sign another quality winger then this is probably the right time to cash in on him.  If he is not getting regular game time then his stock will fall so if that is likely to be the case then we should take the money.  I think something in the region of £25M would be a fair price given his age etc.  Who knows he may blossom into the player we all hoped he would be in a different club.

Please insert "not" into the appropriate place.:)

One of Ghezzal or Gray needs to go, and if we’re looking at bringing another winger in then probably both.

Ghezzal we’re bound to make a loss on but we need get at least one winger off the books. If any club offers decent money for Gray like Bournemouth did before then I’d snap their hands off - £25m (if that figure was accurate) would be great business.

Perez, Barnes and Albrighton are all firmly ahead of Gray in my view and if we bring in a quality winger that makes him 5th choice.

Not forgetting Diabete either - sure he’s not on big wages but we really need to start cutting our cloth and removing the deadwood from areas needed.

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Tend to agree. Was quite excited when we signed Gray as saw him as the future but so far he has not developed that potential (unfortunately this happens with young players they reach their ceiling early - Joachim was the same).  That is not to say he is not a good player but he will definitely slip down the pecking order and if we did sign another quality winger then this is probably the right time to cash in on him.  If he is not getting regular game time then his stock will fall so if that is likely to be the case then we should take the money.  I think something in the region of £25M would be a fair price given his age etc.  Who knows he may blossom into the player we all hoped he would be in a different club.

I’ve got a feeling Gray will eventually make it, but not with us. He has a lot of talent but seems to be stuck in a rut with us. Good luck to him, but probably time to move on and make a fresh start. Maybe give him till January to see if Rodgers can do something with him.

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

You just know Gray will succeed elsewhere. It's a killer, because I don't see him making it with us. Ghezzal, not sure he'll make it anywhere  sadly. 

I think you might be right on both counts.

As long as we get a decent fee, I think he's had enough chances for us and should move on.  If he does well elsewhere, I'll say good luck to him.

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

It’s clear Gray has talent but he has been just drifting along and not really going any where . 

True. But I think it’s fair to say he’s had quite inconsistent coaching while he’s been here. Claudio and Shakey rarely started him so he had a few minutes every week, then Claude decided he was a striker every few weeks. 

Maybe Brendan can fix him?

• Like 2

Curious to see how the rest of the summer pans out before we start throwing assets overboard. Saw things yesterday that showed promise. Little glimpses.

Looking forward to the whole squad being together and the match on Saturday.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

True. But I think it’s fair to say he’s had quite inconsistent coaching while he’s been here. Claudio and Shakey rarely started him so he had a few minutes every week, then Claude decided he was a striker every few weeks. 

Maybe Brendan can fix him?

Not sure he needs fixing more a rocket up his arse . Compare his trajectory to Barns and  they are like chalk and cheese . I know every player is different but Barnes  has been mucked about also . Sent out on loan bought back only to not feature and kick his heals then sent out on another loan to be bought back again half way through. Id argue that was pretty inconsistent coaching but looks to have progressed at a much better rate . I’m not writing Gray off just pointing out he’s just seems to have been drifting/coasting along . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

My own personal preference is to keep the turnover of players, window after window, to a minimum. I think we should sell:

Elder

Diabate

Slimani

as these guys are surplus to requirements, in my opinion.

Jakupovic

James

King 

Kaputska

can go out on loan, if the right situation appears.

Everyone else, I’d keep

45 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

My own personal preference is to keep the turnover of players, window after window, to a minimum. I think we should sell:

Elder

Diabate

Slimani 

as these guys are surplus to requirements, in my opinion.

Jakupovic

James

King 

Kaputska

can go out on loan, if the right situation appears.

Everyone else, I’d keep

I think we should sell:

Elder

Diabate

Slimani

Jakupovic

James

King 

Kaputska

Edited by Simoken
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I wouldn’t call Slimani a legend. Yeah he’s been pretty amazing but legend is a strong word.

I wouldn't call Slimani Amazing. Yeah he's been pretty shit but Amazing is a strong word.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Why are you so desperate to sell a club legend?

Sentimentality holds back the future.  Every player has an expiry date.  Sad but it is how it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3