Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ismaila Sarr - Gone to Watford.

I hate it when people think we just sat back and let a deal happen and act as it the club never had any interest. Yes we are an attractive club but that still doesn't mean every single player we have an interest in is going to sign for us. And yes we may desperately want a player to sign but that's not to say the club didn't try! 

Maybe the player has his own preferences. Maybe the player is familiar with players/staff at a club that's not ours. 

Sometimes maybe the asking price is too much or players demands are too high and another club is willing to pay it. 

Sarr has signed for Watford obviously and maybe he just simply preferred them to us. It's not always the case that we didn't try or we snoozed and lost out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Wish we had ambition like Watford, Everton, Wolves and West Ham.

Tielemans cost more than what Everton have spent on a player this summer, likewise Watford and Wolves. Only West Ham spent more on Haller. The frustration for me is it appears Rodgers isnt quite as certain that the likes of Gray, Iheanacho etc should be moved on and replaced, to simply bring in more wingers and strikers would leave us in a position of a huge squad and players like Barnes and Choudhury not even making the bench. 

It's still been a decent window for us and we are in good nick.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

He seemed like a very good athletic attributes but less technical albeit he did do some lovely long range finishes.

The inside forward is one of the few downsides of the window for me. I'm really happy with Tielemans and Praet and Justin are two excellent squad additions in places that we really needed them and a good age as well. For me the jury is still out on Perez and I'll judge that signing when I've seen him play more. So far he seems to be a bit anonymous but he might be one of those players who don't appear to do much but by the end of the season he's got 10+ goals. I would have liked to see us go all out and get the best player we could in this position.

i'm happy with the fee we got for Maguire but disappointed we haven't shifted a lot more squad players who offer little at this point. No doubt the foreign clubs are waiting for our window to close before they start shithousing loan offers for our surplus players.

So far? lol

Jesus Christ

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe we don`t plan to play much with traditional wingers

I think this seems fairly obvious.  We haven't signed a winger and even tried to offload Ghezzal as part of the Praet deal.  I'm sure that we would have signed a winger if we needed one.

I think that some people on here that have been obsessing about signing a winger all summer haven't noticed that we have moved on from Puel's 4-2-3-1.  I think that we will play 4-3-3 as we did toward the end of last season with inside forwards rather than wingers and possibly this unfortunate diamond formation (again no wingers).   

I wonder when the penny will drop for some.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

I hate it when people think we just sat back and let a deal happen and act as it the club never had any interest. Yes we are an attractive club but that still doesn't mean every single player we have an interest in is going to sign for us. And yes we may desperately want a player to sign but that's not to say the club didn't try! 

Maybe the player has his own preferences. Maybe the player is familiar with players/staff at a club that's not ours. 

Sometimes maybe the asking price is too much or players demands are too high and another club is willing to pay it. 

Sarr has signed for Watford obviously and maybe he just simply preferred them to us. It's not always the case that we didn't try or we snoozed and lost out. 

if i remember correctly we have had  players turn us down in the past because they wanted to live in London.. in fact wasn’t that Anderson’s reason for picking west ham over us?

3 hours ago, MPH said:

if i remember correctly we have had  players turn us down in the past because they wanted to live in London.. in fact wasn’t that Anderson’s reason for picking west ham over us?

It really wouldn't surprise me! 

Not only is London much more attractive than Leicester but the transport links (especially for a French player?!) are perfect. 

10 hours ago, murphy said:

I think this seems fairly obvious.  We haven't signed a winger and even tried to offload Ghezzal as part of the Praet deal.  I'm sure that we would have signed a winger if we needed one.

I think that some people on here that have been obsessing about signing a winger all summer haven't noticed that we have moved on from Puel's 4-2-3-1.  I think that we will play 4-3-3 as we did toward the end of last season with inside forwards rather than wingers and possibly this unfortunate diamond formation (again no wingers).   

I wonder when the penny will drop for some.

I think we're going down the road of being too one dimensional which is a mistake. Puels system was more flexible which is why we done so well in the second half of matches. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I think at 40m we were best leaving this one alone, at that price I don’t think he’s going to be quite the superstar that some seemed to think. 

Agreed. He's got raw talent and pace but could easily become another Ahmed Musa. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

It really wouldn't surprise me! 

Not only is London much more attractive than Leicester but the transport links (especially for a French player?!) are perfect. 

It's an hour from Leicester to St Pancras International. Less to Luton and EMA. 

There are days you can spend that just crossing London. 

For what you pay for a town house in Kensington you can probably buy a mansion with grounds up the Ridgeway. 

People need to quit with this crap as if a player moving to Leicester has to live on Neston Gardens and shop in Lidl. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

For what you pay for a town house in Kensington you can probably buy a mansion with grounds up the Ridgeway. 

People need to quit with this crap as if a player moving to Leicester has to live on Neston Gardens and shop in Lidl. 

It wasn't a dig at Leicester mate. Just I can see people's reasons for preferring London. 

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

the train ride might be an hour, but then there’s the waiting around and possible delay... every link in a journey is more time than just the travel distance..

Edited by MPH

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

the train ride might be an hour, but then there’s the waiting around and possible delay... every link in a journey is more time than just the travel distance..

So if you live in London you get a teleporter straight on to the eurostar? Wicked, I didn't know that. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

no one said that you melt.

No you just implied it strongly. 

You're aware getting from Leicester to St Pancras is quicker than getting to St Pancras from some parts of London? With less stops, let alone less changes?

Obviously there's also parts of London that are ten minutes away from the Eurostar or Heathrow or Gatwick or whatever but that's not all of London. 

The idea that Leicester is bad for transport links when it's bang in the middle of the country on it's biggest motorway, biggest rail line and right next to an airport is silly. 

Look, there's plenty of reasons a player might want to sign for a London club over a Midlands one, just as there's plenty of reasons a player might choose the opposite. Maybe someone would sign for West Ham over Leicester purely because they just prefer claret, who knows? 

All I'm saying is this forum gets way too hung up on the fantasy notion that Leicester is an undesirable place for some fancy pants footballer to live. End of the day, you offer them enough money and footballing opportunities they'll move anywhere. 

Even Wolverhampton. 

• Like 4