Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ismaila Sarr - Gone to Watford.

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I wonder which winger or wingers we tried to sign 

my guess is none.  It was only on here that everyone was banging on about a winger, there was no indication from Rodgers or anyone else that we were targeting a winger. I don't think we were ever in the market (unless Perez is seen as that role) as I think we will play three up top but more of a CF and two inside forwards with the full backs providing the width.

Now i've said this just watch us sign Townsend or someone in the next hour or so to prove I have no idea what I am talking about.

He seemed like a very good athletic attributes but less technical albeit he did do some lovely long range finishes.

The inside forward is one of the few downsides of the window for me. I'm really happy with Tielemans and Praet and Justin are two excellent squad additions in places that we really needed them and a good age as well. For me the jury is still out on Perez and I'll judge that signing when I've seen him play more. So far he seems to be a bit anonymous but he might be one of those players who don't appear to do much but by the end of the season he's got 10+ goals. I would have liked to see us go all out and get the best player we could in this position.

i'm happy with the fee we got for Maguire but disappointed we haven't shifted a lot more squad players who offer little at this point. No doubt the foreign clubs are waiting for our window to close before they start shithousing loan offers for our surplus players.

• Like 1