Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ismaila Sarr - Gone to Watford.

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yes he was the guy that tore Arsenal a new one in the first leg between the two teams. Sarr scored a flying header and also was fouled by Sokratis who picked up a second yellow card for doing so. He was MOTM in that game by a mile.

Regarding our interest in him, he's an interesting one. He's definitely not the finished article which is what I think we really want. But a young player from Ligue 1 who is fast, strong and can finish... I mean those players always end up being great over here. Plus at 20 years old, this is one of those signings that you we could end up buying now for 30m and selling for 50m in 2-4 years time.

I do think we can do better, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him here. I think Albrighton would start the season ahead of him, but boy would it create a lot of good problems and competition for places in terms of squad selection. With the window closing soon, we probably have to take deals where we can get them and this one has the advantage that Rennes will definitely sell and probably have already determined the amount they want.

The biggest plus for me is that he's a good finisher, which is the number one thing we lack in our team right now. Perez already looks like good business just because he doesn't piss himself when he's in front of goal and can keep his composure. If all 3 of our forward players could finish, the entire team gets better, because all of a sudden you can threaten from either flank or through the middle. His pace is no joke either!

I think the problem is the French league is similar to the Scottish league in that it doesn't really prove anything if you're good over there. Falcao as a prime example. I think even Gray, King and James would look good over there!!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I think the problem is the French league is similar to the Scottish league in that it doesn't really prove anything if you're good over there. Falcao as a prime example. I think even Gray, King and James would look good over there!!!

I get your point but Falcao is a terrible example. 

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Gray could make a belter of a YouTube video. French league is pap. Anyone actually seen him play?

Mate, did you watch the vid? Sarr is scoring in his highlights, a bunch of times.

How is Demari going to make a better tape if scoring is involved? 

• Haha 2

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that he's 21... Younger than Barnes, 2 years younger than Gray and already putting in big numbers. 8 goals 6 assists for a winger is no joke! He reminds me a bit of a young right footed Bale. Raw pace and power with glimpses of technical ability. If he can develop further I really do think he could become world class. 

31 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Just something to look at

So not a massive upgrade from Barnes really, given Barnes had one-third the game time and was robbed of at least one goal (the OG).

Both about the same age. One’s free and one of our own, the other comes with a price tag of 30m and the risk of not adapting to the PL.

Only one free starting winger spot left, as Perez is definitely taking the other. From the looks of preseason, Barnes has already got Albrighton in front of him for that spot as it stands. Not keen on this.

Edited by brucey

1 hour ago, brucey said:

So not a massive upgrade from Barnes really, given Barnes had one-third the game time and was robbed of at least one goal (the OG).

Both about the same age. One’s free and one of our own, the other comes with a price tag of 30m and the risk of not adapting to the PL.

Only one free starting winger spot left, as Perez is definitely taking the other. From the looks of preseason, Barnes has already got Albrighton in front of him for that spot as it stands. Not keen on this.

Rodgers wants more weapons, and Perez doesn't seem to like to play out along the touchline. For spacing purposes, I suspect we want two pacey players who can score along both wings, so as to spread and pressure opposing defenses. I think we will quickly find that Perez on the wing makes us easier to defend except when Ricardo is forward, as defenses will be able to shade away from the right as Perez creeps inside. Which admittedly may not hurt us much against the avg defenses in the league, just the brighter lights. Perez feels more of a fit as SS.

Not that I think this will stop Perez starting most of the time, just Rodgers wants variety, he wants the pieces to match-up in the formation he thinks best suits the opponent, and there will absolutely be times where we want a more classic RW. Now, we do have Albrighton for that I suppose, but Sarr has the potential to be an upgrade in short order. If Sarr would be an upgrade on anyone, it would be Gray and Albrighton. Love Marc, but Demari is probably best shipped out someplace, he doesn't have a role here. Wish we would send him on loan to a Prem side, preferably one of the weaker clubs who would play him weekly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester arriving on the Ismaila Sarr folder. They have just recovered 90 M, must be spit up a maximum of wheat #MercatoSRFC

A maximum of Wheat!!! this is getting exciting!!!

• Haha 1

Guardian confident he's going to Watford. Sounds like Rennes trying to drive up price before the end of the window. Last Call.

Cannot concnetrate on reading or posting after doing the timewarp....

This guy might be fun, but I am not convinced by him at all.

If reports are to be believed Praet looks like a done deal. If we get this fella in too, along with Perez (not to mention Vards, Barnes, Albrighton et al) we will look frightening going forwards with depth and competition for places. Another youngster too which shows we are not just looking at the here and now but to a sustainable future as a force in the PL.

• Like 1