Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

40 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Don’t worry this happens every other year,  they always get good around this period and do a Leeds later. All the more enjoyable when the longer the run lasts as more reds fans actually start to believe. 

In fairness, this run has lasted.longer than usual for that red.filth. 

Normally, they win the first two games - declare themselves.champions - before settling into their usual berth at 13th

But I hope you are right. It would be enjoyable to watch agonising end of season failure (except it wouldn't be that painful, as they'd get to play their beloved Ram friends still)

Jack Butland will be thinking that he's lost his opportunity to join a much more prestigious club (for example, Liverpool - who were strongly linked with him last year) after the numerous mistakes he's made this season that have cost Stoke.

The Forest manager appears to be a sound bloke and think he'll stay with them for a good while, as he already seems like the perfect fit there already.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Makes you wonder if those fan who wanted Pulis sacked when they were mid table in the premiership are regretting their actions.

They had 3 top half finishes in the 3 years following his sacking. Don't think that's got much to do with their current situation at all

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

They had 3 top half finishes in the 3 years following his sacking. Don't think that's got much to do with their current situation at all

Well Pulis never got relegated.  Guess we'll never know if they would've been better off sticking with him, but I can't help given pulis record that they wouldn't be bottom of the championship with him in charge...and possibly still in the premiership.

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Well Pulis never got relegated.  Guess we'll never know if they would've been better off sticking with him, but I can't help given pulis record that they wouldn't be bottom of the championship with him in charge...and possibly still in the premiership.

Yeah but I think moving in a different direction from Pulis was the right call at the time. Sticking with Hughes for as long as they did was their biggest downfall for me. 

Replacing him with Paul Lambert was the icing on the cake.

Sticking with Hughes for so long was the issue. Not saying he wasn't a decent manager for them because of course he guided Stoke to three top 10 finishes. 

Coates doesn't seem the type to sack though. I'm surprised he didn't give Rowett more time.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Vardy’s lookalike has shared what he claims to be leaked info from the Derby players... Take it with a pinch of salt. 

"Lookalike". Dunno how he's still getting away with it.