Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Lawrence and Bennett should have been suspended whilst under investigation. Nothing will be worse that Sunderland continuing to play Adam Johnson after his arrest though.

I'm all for re-integrating players back in, but immediately after they have done something and it is still under investigation, you leave them out until the matter is resolved. No matter who that player is.

Once the investigation is finished, slowly allow them back in, giving them the necessary support and ensuring that if they are guilty of whatever they have done, they also give back to the local community as part of that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I'm all for re-integrating players back in, but immediately after they have done something and it is still under investigation, you leave them out until the matter is resolved. No matter who that player is.

Once the investigation is finished, slowly allow them back in, giving them the necessary support and ensuring that if they are guilty of whatever they have done, they also give back to the local community as part of that.

But that can take months or even years in some cases. Imagine a footballer not playing for a season because of a false rape claim for instance. If anyone on here was accused of something and not remanded into custody they should rightfully be able to carry on with their day to day job, just as footballers should.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

But that can take months or even years in some cases. Imagine a footballer not playing for a season because of a false rape claim for instance. If anyone on here was accused of something and not remanded into custody they should rightfully be able to carry on with their day to day job, just as footballers should.

In this case I think we can be pretty sure Tom Lawrence is guilty 

27 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I see your point, and I guess if it really isn't obvious that someone is guilty, maybe it's business as usual.

However, as the poster above states, it is pretty obvious that the 2 players messed up in this case and putting them back in the matchday squad less than a week after is ridiculous.

23 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I think as @KrefelderFox666 says it's the speed with which they were brought back. Maybe should have been kept out the team for a week or two, just to cool the heat down a bit. And whilst innocent until proven guilty, the fact their cars are smashed up and their captains leg is hanging off, should be enough to keep them out the team for a while surely?

I mentioned Adam Johnson earlier, and allegedly he told the hierarchy at Sunderland what he'd done and admitted it, yet they let him continue to play. I that case it's outrageous.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think as @KrefelderFox666 says it's the speed with which they were brought back. Maybe should have been kept out the team for a week or two, just to cool the heat down a bit. And whilst innocent until proven guilty, the fact their cars are smashed up and their captains leg is hanging off, should be enough to keep them out the team for a while surely?

I mentioned Adam Johnson earlier, and allegedly he told the hierarchy at Sunderland what he'd done and admitted it, yet they let him continue to play. I that case it's outrageous.

Unfortunately in the modern game Lawrence is too much of an asset to them so picking up points is seen as a priority rather than punishing him twice. 

I'm torn with it to be honest because if it was City you'd simply want your best players back quickly but they shouldn't be untouchable. 

Makes you think would Mahrez / Vardy etc have been sacked if it was him not Pearson's lad in Thailand? 

If Johnson had told them then yeah that is unacceptable. 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

For such a good defender, Woodgate can't seem to organize a defence.

Sounds daft this but I feared a bit for them when he was coming out with these statements pre-season about "promising entertainment" which just screams appeasing the fans after a bleak period under Pulis. It sounded a bit idealistic. Never had any faith in that one myself.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

It was an odd appointment. Pulis wasn't great but they finished 5th and 7th in his time so clearly the hope is to push on yet give the job to a first-time manager with little coaching experience?

Tbf though they had Strachan,Mowbray, Karanka, Monk & Pulis over the space of a decade, they probably hadn't played an decent form of football since McClaren was there, so I think for the fans it was all about having a digestible style of play after a serious of shite managers. They went from an exciting team end of 90s early noughties to a drab footballing outfit who werent particularly successful either so it's one of them.

50 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Tbf though they had Strachan,Mowbray, Karanka, Monk & Pulis over the space of a decade, they probably hadn't played an decent form of football since McClaren was there, so I think for the fans it was all about having a digestible style of play after a serious of shite managers. They went from an exciting team end of 90s early noughties to a drab footballing outfit who werent particularly successful either so it's one of them.

And i bet theyre thrilled at the excitement of being near the bottom of the championship.

I just cant stand the championship. Its absolutely awful in just about every way.

Mostly shit players who think theyre decent but arent, but you have to pretend to like them.

Grounds 1/3 empty yet high prices and all to watch a product that isnt good.

8 more dull games a season at shit times no one can be bothered with like midweek in january when its freezing and the game is dire

Noticably less and worse media coverage.

And your club losing the few good players it has to proper teams.

Hope we never end up there again in my lifetime

• Like 1
  • Haha 1