Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

17 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

jack butland genuine still gets mentions when england squads are brought up. literally one of the worst goalkeepers i’ve ever seen play the professional game. 

Think this sums that up fairly well 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Butland was often mentioned as a replacement and therefore upgrade on Schmeichel but I just don't see it.

A few years back you could maybe have said that Butland was a top, young keeper. But he seems to have dropped his form continuously as Stoke have dropped. Today i think just epitomizes where he is atm.

19 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Can't see Nathan Jones lasting much longer.

I'm down here in Hitchin, which is close to Luton – so a lot of Hatters fans around. They all want to see Jones sacked, as they consider him a Judas for leaving them last season when they were top of League One. 

He could end up helping Stoke being a division below Luton – and without a job. 

Funny thing, football. 

Just now, Langston said:

Seemed a weird move for Jones at the time, Stoke need a lot of work doing but at the same time expect an immediate return to the top tier.

It's big money though and big ambition, with Jones top of league one he probably thought he was the top dog to sort the mess that all the other managers failed to address 

15 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

I'm down here in Hitchin, which is close to Luton – so a lot of Hatters fans around. They all want to see Jones sacked, as they consider him a Judas for leaving them last season when they were top of League One. 

He could end up helping Stoke being a division below Luton – and without a job. 

Funny thing, football. 

It was a strange move to leave a team that were top of League One for a team struggling in the Championship but Stoke are a bigger side than Luton with, I imagine, better resources.

Big job on at Stoke though whoever the manager is.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

It was a strange move to leave a team that were top of League One for a team struggling in the Championship but Stoke are a bigger side than Luton with, I imagine, better resources.

It was naive in the extreme, was well known the squad dynamic is poor and needs seasons of work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Big job on at Stoke though whoever the manager is.

In historical terms and in population catchment area, I'd rate Stoke only as a minor step up from Luton. Not a jump worth making for Jones in retrospect

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

In historical terms and in population catchment area, I'd rate Stoke only as a minor step up from Luton. Not a jump worth making for Jones in retrospect

Really? Stoke mainly played in tiers 1 and 2 throughout their history. Luton have been in tier 3 a lot, but also tier 4 and obviously a short time in non league only a decade ago.

19 hours ago, spacemunky said:

@The Bear

How is it that Wolves have loaned out both Cavaleiro(Fulham) and Costa(Leeds) with having Europe on the plate this season?

Both off to a fantastic start in Championship.

Because they couldn't get in our first eleven and were completely ineffective off the bench. They rarely even got on towards the end of the season. 

They were great in the Championship but just didn't make the step up with us. We replaced them with Cutrone and Neto to give us more impact off the bench.