Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 29/10/2021 at 23:46, Ric Flair said:

I found Rodgers comments about Barnes today somewhat of a shift to the norm, he's usually overly complimentary about Barnes and how important he is for us. His words might be a bit of a kick up the arse to him, just to remind him of why he's been dropped. Certainly didn't do this with Maddison.

Barnes is coming back from a serious injury, he can’t be expected to be playing as good as he was straight away it takes time and plenty of match fitness to get back to where he was performing, I’ve seen glimpses of this.

He needs to get back to burying chances when he gets in. They'd clearly worked on his finishing last season but since his comeback he seems top have gone back to hit & hope rather than a clever dink or placed finish. But he was a mile better yesterday than his first few games of the season.

On 06/10/2021 at 12:51, Lambert09 said:

The long range shooting is the giveaway for me. He scored some great goals by just taking pot shots from about 25 yards. He has passed up every opportunity to try one of those this season 

well this aged well…

Just now, Lambert09 said:

In what way? Suggesting when he wasn’t confident he doesn’t shoot from range? :dunno:

in the way that you said he had passed up every opportunity to shoot from 25 yards. No longer the case!

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

What about the last 20 games before ? Where was you at the Crystal Palace game ? Not in this thread clearly. 

Didn’t have a great game but still set a goal up. One of our few players that can make things happen 

Just now, Stadt said:

Didn’t have a great game but still set a goal up. One of our few players that can make things happen 

Doesn’t do it often enough though.I genuinely hope he does come good because he’s clearly got talent. I feel Claude Rodgers has let him down tbf. Barnes is best when he’s direct and running at people. Not passing backwards or defending. Klopp would get the best out of him, be a different player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Doesn’t do it often enough though.I genuinely hope he does come good because he’s clearly got talent. I feel Claude Rodgers has let him down tbf. Barnes is best when he’s direct and running at people. Not passing backwards or defending. Klopp would get the best out of him, be a different player. 

His goal against Leeds last year and his goal today came from direct play. Probably go direct again this time next year lol 

Do we play to any of our players strengths?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

What about the last 20 games before ? Where was you at the Crystal Palace game ? Not in this thread clearly. 

You’re talking about Harvey Barnes, right? The young man who had to play through a knee injury and then go through a complicated rehab? The Harvey Barnes who, last season, had just as many goals-per-minute in all comps as Jamie Vardy?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Since the start of last season:

Mane PL 17 goals, 6 assists (3725 minutes) Goal every 219 minutes, assist every 621 minutes 

Barnes PL 10 goals, 5 assists (2609 minutes)  Goal every 260 minutes, assist every 522 minutes 

Not much in it considering Mane plays for a much more dominate side, one is 29 with 8 PL seasons under his belt, the other 23 with 3 and a bit season experience.

Think HB is doing fine under BR myself.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, The_77 said:

You’re talking about Harvey Barnes, right? The young man who had to play through a knee injury and then go through a complicated rehab? The Harvey Barnes who, last season, had just as many goals-per-minute in all comps as Jamie Vardy?

He has been poor though, I think it’s the coaching and our style of play. It doesn’t suit him at all. He’s got top pace and will go past people but it’s like Rodgers coached it out of him and told him to go backwards. We’re too slow to move the ball forwards. We should be cutting through teams with Barnes running in behind but Rodgers doesn’t allow it. 

• Haha 2

A bit like Ricardo, did amazing work on his fitness over the summer and it's taken him a few games to get his form back after so long out. He's benefitted from some bench time and hopefully today's a catalyst for him to go on and ping a few more in after not burying a few chances recently.

22 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Unfortunately, with our comedy back line we need everyone helping out defensively.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

He has been poor though, I think it’s the coaching and our style of play. It doesn’t suit him at all. He’s got top pace and will go past people but it’s like Rodgers coached it out of him and told him to go backwards. We’re too slow to move the ball forwards. We should be cutting through teams with Barnes running in behind but Rodgers doesn’t allow it. 

I disagree totally. Everytime he gets the ball he looks to go direct and run with it. Rodgers totally encourages it despite us playing a patient possession style in the main.