Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, SexyGammonFox said:

He's well capable. He may have come fairly close last season if he hadn't got injured. His finishing has come on leaps and bounds last 18 months, he doesn't snatch at shots like he used to, just picks his spot and strokes it in a lot more now.

I'm just slightly worried how the formation is going to accommodate him now we have 3 strikers who will expect to play regularly, and no obvious right sided player to complement him. He has to play though.

A fit Barnes has to be on the teamsheet for sure. I think the battle is going to be for the other two spots now Daka is here. I have a sneaking feeling we might see Vardy play out on the right a bit this year with one of the other two up top - I know it's not his natural position and brings up bad memories of him being wasted for England, but his game has changed a lot since 2016. He's a very capable assists machine when he's allowed to make runs to the byline and cut back for others. Finished on 9 last year, a fair few of which were after his own goals dried up and he turned provider for Kelechi in exactly that manner. There's even the possibility of interchanging with partners during matches in a similar way to how we'll swap fullbacks, to keep the opposition on their toes. Daka looks like he could do the Vardy role of playing off the last man quite admirably, but hasn't looked bad with the ball out wide either.

We have options up front. That's a good thing. Imagine if we have Barnes, Kelechi, Daka and Vardy all hitting form this season. We'll be scary.

Plus it will relax a few on here by making Perez more likely to play centrally when Madders doesn't. :thumbup:

Conversation

Police cars revolving light EXCL: More good news for Leicester with Harvey Barnes on verge of signing vastly improved long-term contract. New 4yr deal agreed & #LCFC finalising details before announcing. Liverpool among 23yo winger’s admirers but no formal bids #LFC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lincolnfox said:

Well that has put a smile on my face to an otherwise sh**e Monday morning… made up for this 😁

...in football deals are just protection for both parties!!!

He could end up going at the end of the season, Leicester get a good price and for the moment Harvey gets a better wage.

It is a cynical way of viewing things but in football you need to be realistic. 

What if Harvey truly wanted to stay here all his career, he is not going to come out and say that, it would just weaken his bargaining position. 

This lad could become world class, I just hope we don't stifle him with any weird system or overloading the team with defenders because we can't be arsed to sign a dangerous right winger. 

He was unreal between December and February last season. He'd been decent before that but it wasn't until Maddison was properly fit and Ndidi was back and we went back to 4-2-3-1 that he was devastating. 

We are so much better as an entire team on the front foot.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This lad could become world class, I just hope we don't stifle him with any weird system or overloading the team with defenders because we can't be arsed to sign a dangerous right winger. 

He was unreal between December and February last season. He'd been decent before that but it wasn't until Maddison was properly fit and Ndidi was back and we went back to 4-2-3-1 that he was devastating. 

We are so much better as an entire team on the front foot.

We always have been, but I trust Brendan.

Even though we all think he’s a bit negative at times (Saturday really highlighted that especially) it’s a results business and you can’t really argue with his record (here or anywhere for that matter) 

• 1 month later...

Barnes took his goal really well against Napoli.  The defender put him on to his weaker foot and he finished with it.

Perhaps there is a possibility of him starting on the right and Lookman on the left.  He can take defenders on the outside or the inside.