Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

for who? Lookman isn't fit and Albrighton offers virtually no threat in attack, we aren't going to play a diamond midfield or back 3 to play Nacho either

Change formation. It's not beyond possibility. So many people want like for like changes but our wingers offer nothing.

I know Rodgers won't do it because he's so insisting on one up front. He basically got forced to play Kelechi and Vardy together last season because Barnes got injured.

Edited by Fox92

Strange this. Barnes has turned crap. Apparently for some, so has Soyuncu, Ndidi, Maddison, Ricardo, Castagne and Soumare. Bertrand and Vestergaard, were they really that bad before we got them because if they were, surely we wouldn't have hired them in the first place would we?

Iheanacho, last seasons top goalscorer is so bad now apparently, he's having to be left on the bench every game! That's nearly a whole team!

Injury and the recovery from it can responsible for some of it but it's been going on for quite a while now and you'd have thought, with the exception of Ricardo, they'd have recovered by now?

Could it be that we're missing something and there's another maleficent force at play?

Answers on a postcard please.

He’s had a better week than almost all of our other players. Scored a classy goal against Villa and then absolutely rinsed Di Lorenzo in the first half.

Second half he wasn’t great against Napoli but who was? We could have Perez and Albrighton on the flanks if you want workrate but we’d carry no threat at all.

Barnes is one of our few players who scores goals and actually gets up the pitch. He needs to improve a few things about his game but he’s a long way down the list of players that are an issue for us 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 4

I noticed yesterday he was in central positions a lot more often today. Clearly been told to do so. I like it because it means if he’s marked at least the full back can over lap which will eventually make more space for him anyway! If he can get this side of his game improved he’ll be some player.

57 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I noticed yesterday he was in central positions a lot more often today. Clearly been told to do so. I like it because it means if he’s marked at least the full back can over lap which will eventually make more space for him anyway! If he can get this side of his game improved he’ll be some player.

Agree and he needs to play more central.

Regardless of how stubborn Rogers is if/when many of our 10 squad defenders are fit his hand will be forced to play wingbacks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To me , he is, these days anyway, mainly a striker . His defending is too shaky to be considered a midfield wide- man. His speed and aggressive running is far more suited to counter attacking football and that applies to Daka as well. We need to find a way to use them as effectively as possible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We could have been 3-1 up if he had passed to Lookman which much easier for a goal chance than shooting himself. 

Lookman has been in top form scoring and maybe Barnes got abit greedy but it's these little bad moments of decision making that's so annoying

Harvey has some qualities up there with the very best, speed, aggressive running and pretty two footed, however I don't think he has a very sharp brain and can be blinkered in his play. None of this matters too much if he keeps putting the ball in the net and these days his conversion rate is pretty good. He is never going to contribute too much defensively though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We could have been 3-1 up if he had passed to Lookman which much easier for a goal chance than shooting himself. 

Lookman has been in top form scoring and maybe Barnes got abit greedy but it's these little bad moments of decision making that's so annoying

It was a sensational block from Højbjerg, but yeah in hindsight passing to Lookman would have been the smart move. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I didn't realise it at the time, only when I read he should have squared it have I watched it back and seen that Lookman was in acres of space. It's a tricky one, the percentage play is to square that but if you want your attacking players to become more ruthless in front of goal then their mindset has to be to look to create and finish chances. E.G his goal vs Liverpool at home last season, if he squares that to Vardy, the mindset will never be of a player who's ruthless enough to score regularly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I didn't realise it at the time, only when I read he should have squared it have I watched it back and seen that Lookman was in acres of space. It's a tricky one, the percentage play is to square that but if you want your attacking players to become more ruthless in front of goal then their mindset has to be to look to create and finish chances. E.G his goal vs Liverpool at home last season, if he squares that to Vardy, the mindset will never be of a player who's ruthless enough to score regularly.

.. funny thing is Daka tends to lay the ball off when he is in and someone has a tap in!!!

Vardy is also good at supplying.

If you go back to Southampton when Lambert and his team were scoring all over the place and everyone played each other in.

He's the most dangerous forward he have, but he also has the most limited and frustrating end product.

I don't know if it's an arrogance, or if he's shy/timid, but his inability to even try and compete physically at times, is a huge downfall of his game too.

He has to play when fit, as it's usually our only option to create, hoping he can beat about 4 players.