Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

I sensed it after Man City that he was getting the first sprigs of form back and on Thursday an assist and goal both off his left foot. I'd not swap him on to the right because teams genuinely don't know what to do with him, let him cut in is always a no no but then he's now scoring a lot of his goals on his left so that's a nightmare for teams to deal with. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Barnes took his goal really well against Napoli.  The defender put him on to his weaker foot and he finished with it.

Perhaps there is a possibility of him starting on the right and Lookman on the left.  He can take defenders on the outside or the inside.

...he did not take Walker out on the outside and became easier to read!!!

You feel Barnes is at the position when he first came into the team, unsure of himself lacking confidence. He will soon explode and when he starts to use finesse instead of power in his shooting you will know he is on top of his game. All down to composure and it is lacking at the moment. 

Looks like he's starting to find his form again. He doesn't get the credit he's due when he's on form - really is a top top player and his injury is probably why we didn't finish top 4.

He can carry the ball with such pace, he's so direct and when on form is a good finisher. Defenders can't deal with an in form Barnes.

Just now, Kierzz said:

Looks like he's starting to find his form again. He doesn't get the credit he's due when he's on form - really is a top top player and his injury is probably why we didn't finish top 4.

He can carry the ball with such pace, he's so direct and when on form is a good finisher. Defenders can't deal with an in form Barnes.

Thanks for your input, Brendan!

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he did not take Walker out on the outside and became easier to read!!!

You feel Barnes is at the position when he first came into the team, unsure of himself lacking confidence. He will soon explode and when he starts to use finesse instead of power in his shooting you will know he is on top of his game. All down to composure and it is lacking at the moment. 

To be fair, not may players do, Walker is probably one of the quickest Fullbacks in football.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Really subdued today, such a shame we don't have back up for these occasions 

We didn't but now could have Lookman on the left where he prefers to play and Ricardo on the right instead of leaving him out completely.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Lots of people (no surprise there) having another pop at our defence today

Barnes was absolutely fookin garbage today. And I mean, garbage 

Most players weren't very good today, no point singling out individuals. 

1 minute ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Gave the ball away a stupid amount of times today. I love him but he's been pretty shocking all season and probably needs dropping. 

He has always given the ball away a lot, usually makes up for it with direct running. He’s not even a particularly good dribbler, just runs in a straight line at the goal and panics defenders. Just nothing working for him at the moment, he isn’t the only one…

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Doesn’t look fit at all. If rumours are true he’s been seen on the piss regularly he needs to sort his shit out else it’s another ‘could have been’ situation 

I’ve seen him twice during the season. Most recently last weekend where he was definitely not sober.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Lots of people (no surprise there) having another pop at our defence today

Barnes was absolutely fookin garbage today. And I mean, garbage 

I was one of those having a pop at our defence but I also bumped this thread. That’s because our defence was rubbish and so was Barnes! 

5 minutes ago, shiv said:

I’ve seen him twice during the season. Most recently last weekend where he was definitely not sober.

Frustrates me no end. Yes they’re young lads, yes they feel on top of the world, but they’ve not done it yet. Short career, stop ****ing about and do something.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Most players weren't very good today, no point singling out individuals. 

Yes there is

Iheanacho in the first half was excellent. So was Lookman. 
Barnes was turd. I’m not defending any player simply because he’s ‘one of our own’

• Like 1