Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

38 minutes ago, The_77 said:

You’re talking about Harvey Barnes, right? The young man who had to play through a knee injury and then go through a complicated rehab? The Harvey Barnes who, last season, had just as many goals-per-minute in all comps as Jamie Vardy?

But that’s last season, he’s been poor THIS season so far. How many chances will you give him and keep harking on about last season. Clearly a lot of player are underperforming atm. Why I’m not blaming Barnes completely. It’s definitely something to do with how we approach games and our playing styles. Vardy been pants last few games hardly any effect on them. We’re not getting the ball up too fast enough. Too many passes before we try and get in behind or to the wings. 

22 minutes ago, shailen said:

I disagree totally. Everytime he gets the ball he looks to go direct and run with it. Rodgers totally encourages it despite us playing a patient possession style in the main. 

How many times this season has Barnes looked to try and get pass someone ? He’s been going backwards or sideways most of the time so don’t give me that nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

But that’s last season, he’s been poor THIS season so far. How many chances will you give him and keep harking on about last season. Clearly a lot of player are underperforming atm. Why I’m not blaming Barnes completely. It’s definitely something to do with how we approach games and our playing styles. Vardy been pants last few games hardly any effect on them. We’re not getting the ball up too fast enough. Too many passes before we try and get in behind or to the wings. 

He’s had a poor season so far, absolutely. It’s very rare to find attacking players who consistently produce— most go through purple patches and barren spells. 

So, yes, Rodgers sat him and he had to earn his spot back in the lineup, and he seems to have gotten the message. And he scored an incredible goal today. Of all things to bang on about tonight, why Harvey Barnes?

Edited by The_77

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He’s had a poor season so far, absolutely. It’s very rare to find attacking players who consistently produce— most go through purple patches and barren spells. 

So, yes, Rodgers sat him and he had to earn his spot back in the lineup, and he seems to have gotten the message. And he scored an incredible goal today. Of all things to bang on about tonight, why Harvey Barnes?

I did say it wasn’t just Barnes who’s been underperforming this season. I’m blaming Rodgers. It’s his job , he needs got a massive couple of months ahead of him. Too many times this season we’re glad of a international break. 

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

How many times this season has Barnes looked to try and get pass someone ? He’s been going backwards or sideways most of the time so don’t give me that nonsense. 

Why has that got to be something Rodgers has told him? His confidence seemed low in the first few games this season so it may have something to do with that.

We've always been a possession team under Rodgers but Barnes has always been encouraged to have a go, and we've started to see that again in the last few games. I massively doubt Brendan has told him he needs to be more patient when his strength is to always have a go. 

• 3 weeks later...

Class tonight and yet still capable of so much more. Most important part of tonight was nearly every time he got the ball he wanted to take players on, if he doesn't do this I don't think he is that effective for us as he's not a ayer who revels in slowing the play down and looking for an opening.

Got a feeling he will cause Ranieri a lot of problems, their right back will get sent off early.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Happy birthday to Harvey! 

Reckon he bags the winner today as a gift to us all :D

Thanks for the update pic Stanley ..  but I’ve got to say it ..  married life doesn’t seem to be agreeing with you ….   :nono:

6BDDEB52-4634-431E-A120-859AC60F3A8F.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Thanks for the update pic Stanley ..  but I’ve got to say it ..  married life doesn’t seem to be agreeing with you ….   :nono:

6BDDEB52-4634-431E-A120-859AC60F3A8F.jpeg

lol

That's definitely more in response to the shite I see on here lol

• Like 1

....he tends to start well and then drifts out of the game!!!

Love to keep him involved as much as possible and still believe pulling him in centrally would keep him involved for 90 mins as opposed to 45 mins in a game. Not going to happen with our squad and Maddison in the #10 looking to get back on form, but his talent is not being utilised enough. Perhaps a team that is possession based would be the answer, where he is being fed constantly by the players around him. I think in order to see him at his very best he will have to leave.

He can be a very destructive player and we need to have a genuine Right side player that demands as much attention as Barnes to pull defenders away in order to give the space to Barnes. He (Barnes) needs to be anticipating balls coming into the back post and need to gamble more that the ball will get there.

Barnes is similar to Greenwood , they are played wide but are basically strikers. Neither defends well at all and wingers these days have to track back and support the full back. I think the only way we can use him to his best is if we play 3-5-2 and he operates as a dual front man with Vardy or Daka.

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Just been told a deal is looking to be done for Barnes from Liverpool for 55m in the summer, this blokes been right before as well he best not be right this time 😠

can't see it, they want Bellingham and won't be able to afford both

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Just been told a deal is looking to be done for Barnes from Liverpool for 55m in the summer, this blokes been right before as well he best not be right this time 😠

Let him go after tonight’s shocker. At one point second half we were 2 on 2 in the box with him on the ball wide so shoots from a stupid angle. 

first half could have played Vardy in a few times but carried in running with it with no end product. He has no footballing brain

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Let him go after tonight’s shocker. At one point second half we were 2 on 2 in the box with him on the ball wide so shoots from a stupid angle. 

first half could have played Vardy in a few times but carried in running with it with no end product. He has no footballing brain

I said before on here but his decision making is useless. Complete opposite of a top end player who plays for Liverpool/Man City.

Plus going the other way he just nothing defensively to help out whoever the full back is.

• Like 2