Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Rodgers has a problem now, he surely cannot start Barnes in front of Under now. How he tweaks the team to achieve this I don't know. But it is for sure a no brainer.

We all know we don't have possesion of the ball long enough in opps half, Under seems to be the answer to this.

Under missed a good chance tonight, but he kept at it and kept trying.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2020 at 14:44, honeybradger said:

Didnt think he was even that good off the bench today but

On 30/11/2020 at 14:47, RowlattsFox said:

Great finish but

On 30/11/2020 at 15:27, coolhandfox said:

Good goal, but

On 30/11/2020 at 15:56, adam said:

Granted his end product is pretty average at times but

On 01/12/2020 at 03:54, Ric Flair said:

Improving his finishing but

1 hour ago, twister said:

I like Barnes but

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I’m a big fan but

There seems to be a common thread, in this thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Although I rate Barnes he continues to make the same mistakes when going forward, whoever’s coaching him on his forward play needs sacking. He seems to get ahead of himself at times he needs to learn by watching others in the Prem League, I feel we have no one who can take him under there wing and make him better, not even Vardy he’s a different type of player.

...interesting observation, I have long believed the Coaching Staff is perhaps not as good as it should be!!!

When you see the same difficientencies week after week, you worry if they can turn our form around.

26 minutes ago, nnickn said:

He is just a slight upgrade on Gray, much improvement  needed, let's hope he delivers

14 minutes ago, nnickn said:

Rodgers has a problem now, he surely cannot start Barnes in front of Under now. How he tweaks the team to achieve this I don't know. But it is for sure a no brainer.

We all know we don't have possesion of the ball long enough in opps half, Under seems to be the answer to this.

I am absolutely shocked you have a negative opinion on Barnes.

Odd how you think he needs to deliver but also think he can't start a game any more. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I am absolutely shocked you have a negative opinion on Barnes.

not so much negative, as disappointed, do not believe he is improving as much as he should be.

Only negatives I have on City players are Gray and Nacho, and those for basically the same reasons, but they have been longer and I have given up all hope for them.

14 minutes ago, nnickn said:

....Barnes has locked down the left hand side, mostly by default but it is what it is!!!

Ăśnder on the right is what we have all be waiting for and with Tielemans pulling the strings it will be better than what we witnessed tonight.

• Like 1

He’s a strange one he can be tearing the opposition to threads and not look like scoring all game missing chance after chance .Then another match you don’t even know he’s on the pitch as he’s hardly  been involved and he will pop up and bag one . Just wish he could put the two  things together 

• Like 1

@baldeagle, spot on, you only have to look at tonight when he got to byline against 2 defenders, the ball went out by a nats knacker, but his determination in that run was brilliant.Where is it  the rest of the match?

Edited by nnickn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing with Barnes is, there's a general feeling he's not doing very well yet he is improving his numbers. He got 7 goals and 8 assists in all competitions last year which was half decent. He's got 5 goals and 1 assist so far from 15 games so he's on course for improving those figures. Still got a lot about his overall game that can improve, I actually think his wing play and driving at opponents has been almost non existent when he's played up alongside Vardy with 3 at the back, he is much better in that regard when we play 4-1-4-1 and this can be seen with his reduction in assists for Vardy and the team so far. Goals ratio improving but having less of an overall impact on the teams attacking play, we barely create any chances which is frustrating.

Love him though, he is the best academy player we have produced since Heskey.

Will he fetch ÂŁ50m+ from Chelsea...?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing with Barnes is, there's a general feeling he's not doing very well yet he is improving his numbers. He got 7 goals and 8 assists in all competitions last year which was half decent. He's got 5 goals and 1 assist so far from 15 games so he's on course for improving those figures. Still got a lot about his overall game that can improve, I actually think his wing play and driving at opponents has been almost non existent when he's played up alongside Vardy with 3 at the back, he is much better in that regard when we play 4-1-4-1 and this can be seen with his reduction in assists for Vardy and the team so far. Goals ratio improving but having less of an overall impact on the teams attacking play, we barely create any chances which is frustrating.

Love him though, he is the best academy player we have produced since Heskey.

agree with this all tbh, numbers on surface look way better this year but he has looked a worse player to watch for 90 mins

would love to be at games again, honestly think some of our players would appreciate just a bit of support and belief from the fans, particularly harvey

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, eblair said:

agree with this all tbh, numbers on surface look way better this year but he has looked a worse player to watch for 90 mins

would love to be at games again, honestly think some of our players would appreciate just a bit of support and belief from the fans, particularly harvey

It's weird, I assume convinced having no fans might help improve Barnes composure but I actually think you're right. He's the sort of player that when driving at the opposition got our fans off their seat and he probably thrives off that.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's got 5 goals and 1 assist so far from 15 games so he's on course for improving those figures.

Plus the 4 passes he made early in the season that led directly to a penalty which are not included. This mess of a formation since the opening two games isn't doing him any favours as I think his best position is on the left with support from the full back. He's often the only one making things happen or opening things up with direct running, so until someone else can do better I can't see what we can moan about, just look how toothless we are when he's not on the pitch.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Plus the 4 passes he made early in the season that led directly to a penalty which are not included. This mess of a formation since the opening two games isn't doing him any favours as I think his best position is on the left with support from the full back. He's often the only one making things happen or opening things up with direct running, so until someone else can do better I can't see what we can moan about, just look how toothless we are when he's not on the pitch.

Agreed. It's quite peculiar how Rodgers has stopped utilising the strengths of his most dangerous players in favour of trying to be harder to beat. If he can get us back playing expansive football vs the dross and then be pragmatic and counter attacking vs the top sides away from home then the top 6 is there for the taking again which is what we all believe we are good enough to do. Frustrating but I think the penny will drop in the next week or two, if it doesn't then he'll be testing the patience of a lot of fans.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. It's quite peculiar how Rodgers has stopped utilising the strengths of his most dangerous players in favour of trying to be harder to beat. If he can get us back playing expansive football vs the dross and then be pragmatic and counter attacking vs the top sides away from home then the top 6 is there for the taking again which is what we all believe we are good enough to do. Frustrating but I think the penny will drop in the next week or two, if it doesn't then he'll be testing the patience of a lot of fans.

This is the most puzzling thing for me. Teams that will press us we know that a 3 4 3 works well for us. Teams that will sit deep, or we just know man for man we are better than, we should be adding an extra attacking player and playing our usual 4 2 3 1/4 1 4 1 whatever you cant to call it.

I would love for him to explain why he believes the back 5 is better than the back 4 against teams that will sit deep.

• Like 3

On 04/12/2020 at 18:37, Ric Flair said:

Attacking is the best form of defense!

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

I would never consider getting rid of him in a million years, we should be building the team around a player of his talents. Yes he’s currently inconsistent, but he’s still one of our better players and seems to be more of a victim of the formation / players around him at times. 

Put it this way, you put him in that Liverpool team and we’d be crying when he scores 20 per season.

• Like 1

One of the most frustrating players I think I've ever watched. 

God knows how he can cream 2 v difficult half volley goals on both feet but then look like he couldn't hit a barn door - all in a matter of weeks/minutes etc. 

Needs to sort out his finishing/end product or he'll be another Lloyd Dyer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you compare Barnes shooting accuracy at 57 % to Salah's at 43 % this season, he's going in the right direction, but where he needs to increase his numbers is the shots/shots on target.  This could down to the system or Barnes himself, although I suspect it is both.   If he went to Liverpool under Klopp, you would see a dramatic increase in chances and goals, due to the quality he would have around him.

Edited by Le Renard
spelling
  • Like 1

Right now he's typical of many good young players. Great one match poor the next and even in the same game. To be a top player he needs to be more consistent. Whether or not he can be only time will tell.

I hate to say this but playing in a better quality team who move the ball more quickly and more precisely would probably improve him quite a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, reynard said:

Right now he's typical of many good young players. Great one match poor the next and even in the same game. To be a top player he needs to be more consistent. Whether or not he can be only time will tell.

I hate to say this but playing in a better quality team who move the ball more quickly and more precisely would probably improve him quite a lot.

Well he’ll need to go somewhere other than Utd then.

2 minutes ago, teblin said:

Well he’ll need to go somewhere other than Utd then.

I hear this a lot about them. yes they are not the force they were but they still finished above us last season and probably will again this one. Ole won't be the manager there forever and once they get another manager in they will play differently. They are a huge club and will always be able to attract players from clubs such as us and will always be able to attract top players.

Right now he should stay with us as he's playing regularly but to flourish he needs better players around and behind him if he's to improve. Do i want to sell him, of course not, he's an exciting young player but there will come a time when he probably won't be able to develop further with us unless we are able to invest massively and attract really top players on a regular basis.