Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

He seems to have the intelligence and personality to potentially be an effective captain/leader.

He often comes across as well-spoken.

Think he's benefitting when he's given freedom, as he's got great intent.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2020 at 13:15, Leicester_Loyal said:

23 years old tomorrow, crazy some of the criticism he gets on here, I think only the poor finishing is justified, none of the rest. A goal or an assist every other match so far in the league this season, more than good enough.

The thing with Barnes is there is little inbetween. Hes either blisteringly good or utterly anonymous/crap. Hes actually like Brendan Rodgers Leicester summed up in one player!

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Doesn't add up to me. He's not a man u player from what I can see. 

I agree ! Not man u type of player. The club is just poison at the moment, Pogba wants out & there is some talk that Fernadez is not happy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Such a frustrating player. In general play he can look ****ing dreadful at times, giving it away so sloppily but can come alive at any moment. Inconsistent but makes things happen and glad to see he's adding more goals

You’ve basically described every winger ever... that’s what they do

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

I wonder if Barnes could replace Vardy at CF, I know Brendan tried once and it didn't work but I still believe he has great CF material!  I am aware that he is a different kind of a player who likes the ball a lot and  to face and pass opponents while Vardy is a pure opportunist. I appreciate Vardy's efficiency but I think his performance is dropping ... I wouldn't mind seeing Vardy come from the bench more often in future. 

12 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I wonder if Barnes could replace Vardy at CF, I know Brendan tried once and it didn't work but I still believe he has great CF material!  I am aware that he is a different kind of a player who likes the ball a lot and  to face and pass opponents while Vardy is a pure opportunist. I appreciate Vardy's efficiency but I think his performance is dropping ... I wouldn't mind seeing Vardy come from the bench more often in future. 

This is the perfect comment why the confused reaction needs to come back! Don’t even know where to start to dissect this 😂 

First game he has delivered vs the supposed big 6. Got a weird looping deflection last season vs Chelsea and had another glorious chance to win it for us but today felt like that defining performance against a team that are up there that he had been lacking. Starting to become very lethal on his weaker side and will help that unpredictability players of his ilk need to keep causing serious bother. Absolutely love him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hansifüx said:

What has Vards done to you? Please share because judging from your posts today you're not his biggest fan 😂

Like the buffoon that I am, I claimed to some of the guys watching the game with me on Discord that "other than the goal, Barnes has had a quiet game" as he then proceeded to make two fantastic opportunities for the team lol

He was really good today and showed many sides to his game. For me the most impressive thing was his overall use of his left foot. Usually "inverted forwards" are all about cutting in on their stronger foot and shooting with that foot, but Barnes not only scored with his left, but put in several sliding passes and crosses too. It's obvious the coaching team have worked with him on using both feet, and it's encouraging to see he's already showing he can incorporate that element into his game. As others have said he's already got 7 goals too, so is very clearly a first choice pick in his position now and really giving a good account of himself.

Where he could improve is to try and avoid drifting in and out of games so much. Now to be fair, most wide forwards are like this and even players like Mahrez, Sterling, Pullisic tend to do this. But the very best players in this position in the league such as Mane and Son are almost always on it. Sadio Mane for me I don't think I have ever seen have a "bad" game for Liverpool! Even if he doesn't score or assist, he's always causing so much havoc and is a really consistent player. In fact though Son and Salah score more goals, for me Mane is the best wide forward in the league.

Given what Barnes was like when he first got into the team following his loan spell from West Brom, he's one of our most improved players. I think he should be getting towards the 10 goals and assists a season category, and he might be able to do even better than that with the right coaching. I didn't think he'd ever become that good, so that's massive credit to him and the coaching team. Liverpool were rumoured to be interested before going for Diego Jota, and I think that speaks volumes as to how good his potential is, and how good he already has become. 

• Like 3