Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..would be surprised if he chose to do so!!!

There is for a lot of stigma attached to counselling and a young player would no doubt shy away from this.

There is a need for a psychoanalyst in this scenario and Barnes is a prime candidate.

He could be allowed to find his way in time or we come.maximize his services by  putting him in touch with himself.

Nothing stopping him keeping it private, I'd say 80/90% of professional sports people from individual sports will do a lot of work on the mental side of their game. Footballers should and aren't much different, certainly not in the modern era. They may keep it to themselves though if the clubs don't openly encourage it from within.

10 hours ago, Koke said:

I like Barnes but what we need is s wide player who will statpad against Fulham, Villa etc as well as Europa League teams.

Never heard this one before haha. Is this something you've made up or is it gonna be one of these annoying new words/phrases that everybody is going to be using in the next 6 months? lol

• Like 1

On 06/08/2020 at 02:29, Nicolo Barella said:

It really feels like whatever is blocking him at this moment in time is mental, and if he can get past it he's going to start smashing in all kinds of goals. Really quite sad that we fired those sports psychologists and never replaced them.

I remember that during the latter half of the 2015/2016 title winning season, Ken Way went on holiday to Belgium because morale and confidence were so high, he wasn't required. How soon that changed. 

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Never heard this one before haha. Is this something you've made up or is it gonna be one of these annoying new words/phrases that everybody is going to be using in the next 6 months? lol

It’s been around for a while 

People expect the finished product far too soon, takes some players years for it all to click - and it’s not like it hasn’t clicked as such but rather we can all see his potential to be very very special. If he’d scored half the chances we think he should he’d be seen as a £80m player this summer 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

The problem is we have never replaced Mahrez. we do not have anyone who can score from nothing.

https://gfycat.com/alarmedimmaterialheifer

Mahrez is not someone you can just replace - they do not come out ready made in a factory line. Just like Hazard, Ronaldo, Messi, De Bruyne - they are irreplaceable. (By the way, I am not saying Mahrez is at Ronaldo or Messi level).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Sterling was an awful finisher early in his career, Barnes is better than him after the same amount of ganes

Some players have those raw ingredients which are hard to come by. Barnes has many of those - he just needs more experience, coaching and practice. He will come good. 

• Like 1

6 goals and 8 assists in his first full Premier League season is very impressive, yes not Mahrez levels but he is definitely the kind of player who will be getting 15 goal contributions a season for us

He is only 22 and has plenty of time to be able to improve his finishing

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Sterling was an awful finisher early in his career, Barnes is better than him after the same amount of ganes

I don't think Sterling is a particularly exceptional finisher now to be honest - yes it's obviously something he's improved, but the bigger improvement has been in his positioning and anticipation. He scores loads of his goals from close range tap-ins and rebounds because he's consistently in the right place at the right time to score them. Conversely, there were so many times last season where a shot would be saved or a cross deflected and Barnes would react too slowly to pounce on it and take advantage. He seems to me to be a very reactive player.

Scoring goals is mostly about getting into good positions rather than purely striking a ball well. Even if his finishing doesn’t improve much he’s still going to score a decent amount because his movement, pace and anticipation are genuinely superb.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Scoring goals is mostly about getting into good positions rather than purely striking a ball well. Even if his finishing doesn’t improve much he’s still going to score a decent amount because his movement, pace and anticipation are genuinely superb.

Thats why Chilwell will get a few goals and more assists and he puts himself time and time again in the right areas and is so good at getting the ball up pitch. His success rate will be way down on some better full backs but throw enough shit and some will eventually stick. 

I hear ya Stadt! Barnes has so much potential. This next season will be crunch time for him. He has to blossom now just like other promising youngsters like Rashford and Greenwood have at manu. The pressure will always be on him as our club is now playing in the big leagues with high stakes. Patience is in short supply at the top. He has to and must finish his chances in front of goal that is a priority. He will score I'm sure of that but once he does he has to stay in the groove and want more. Good luck to the lad I'll be rooting for him.  

• Like 2

On 09/07/2020 at 22:20, sacreblueits442 said:

..Barnes or Perez are not wide players!!!

We are attempting to shoehorn players in the team in order to get them on the park.

We have Barnes on the left but he is better central, we have Perez on the right but he is better centrally so if we introduce an out and out winger on the right, we need the same on the left. Barnes and Perez are not fighting for a position on the left, or right, neither are suited there.

Totally agree...If We cant find a Top forward then its Barnes and Nacho/Vardy, we would have leading the line. Perez from the bench...!!

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Totally agree...If We cant find a Top forward then its Barnes and Nacho/Vardy, we would have leading the line. Perez from the bench...!!

I’m not willing to accept the prospect as the same lack of creativity leading the line for another season!

• 3 months later...

His goal literally the only good thing about tonight. Came far too late in the game but can't knock him for that. He and Under gave us some positive outlook on the game however it just goes to show they should have started and gave Fulham's defence something to think about. I hope Rodgers sees this and learns from it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

His goal literally the only good thing about tonight. Came far too late in the game but can't knock him for that. He and Under gave us some positive outlook on the game however it just goes to show they should have started and gave Fulham's defence something to think about. I hope Rodgers sees this and learns from it. 

Yep. Better than pass pass pass, backward pass, lose the ball.

Didnt think he was even that good off the bench today but he still has that ability to pop up in the box and get a goal, something that maddison and praet are lacking. Him and under should be starting every single game for me, this playing with no wingers thing that rodgers is obsessed with needs to stop.