Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

10 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

My mate works with Paul and I’ve been to  a few parties over the years with him there and he hasn’t even mentioned he played football once.Probably cringes everytime he hears it.

Paul is a Very humble guy and and will talk about football if you bring it up in conversation.  However he is not one to blow his own or Harvey's trumpet.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought his Dad played at a really low level, like York and the like? 

That was back when York were a very good third tier side though and he was quite a prolific striker for Burnley too. York were a similar sized club back then to a club like Crewe are now as someone who were regularly in and around upper mid-table and the made the play-offs a couple of times to the Championship but never quite got promoted and Barnes was their most famous player.

He was one of the top strikers at what is today League One level, but never quite made it in the second tier. But was certainly a name known by those who followed English football at the time. The equivalent of Craig Mackail-Smith or Simon Cox in recent years - or other players who were probably too good for League One but were never quite good enough for the Championship.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Seen in the mercury this morning that Barnes has now scored more from open play than vardy this season. Which shows, if nothing else, what a great and improved season he's having and how tricky it is to score in this league. Ahead of the golden boot winner ain't bad at all. Fair play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Great impact player, match winner.

For me for hIm to go to the next level, he need to be more confident and have more self belief.  I don't think he realises how good he is. 

Christ he is only a kid and is blowing away all the dooms merchants on here, his end product is very good and what’s impressive is he is improving fast 

if he played in Germany he would be a super star and £80-100m valuation on him, confidence will come

I like the fact he is learning and improving all the time, as long as Rodgers stays I imagine he will stay, they have a special relationship and Rodgers believes in him so so much 

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Now has more Premier League goals for us than Guppy, Taggart, Iwan Robbets, Steve Walsh and Dave Nugget.

I think he’ll be in the top 10 by the end of this season and ahead of the likes of Claridge, Les Ferdinand and Paul Dickov.

Where can I see the top 10? Can you post it? 

36 minutes ago, brucey said:

Is it a reference to something that I'm not getting? They did the same audio over another of Harvey's goals a few weeks ago?

28 minutes ago, lexdan said:

It is from a goal he scored for barnsley. 

I'm glad you asked. It's still not made it remotely funny though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1