Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Barnes first full season in the prem he did well, but yes the amount of chances he missed is disappointing! If he approves his finishes by 10% he doubles his goal scoring stats! 8 assists again next year is good and hopefully 8-10 goals I’d be happy with! A new winger needs to do the same on the other side!

57 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Vardy matured as a player and became more prolific playing in the squad and then being mentored and coached by Kevin Philips.

Harvey needs a Cottee, Speedy, Philips, Lineker, Dickov type to do a bit of one on one mentoring.

Iheanacho needs a Smudger, Heskey, Roberts or Ullua type to kick his ass

Barnes is largely in his own head tbh. Whoever works with him needs to find a way of getting him to calm down and think about where he's finishing. 

Given room to pick a spot from fifteen yards he clearly strikes a ball pretty well but as soon as he's one on one in front of the keeper he just panics and his it straight at him. 

Clearly a rough diamond but gets in the right positions and if his chance conversion improves, then he'll become pretty prolific. 

It's more that he goes missing during large spells that bothers me. Again, as to be expected at his age, but a bit more resilience and bravery when things aren't going so well is more what I want to see.

I'm hoping there will be a point next season where it clicks, he bags a load of goals and this team really starts to trust him and get him on the ball. I thought when he got those two against Villa after netting a few that month he would kick on but obviously the break in then season put a stop to that. 

On 17/07/2020 at 16:47, Ian Nacho said:

The positioning of his feet are all wrong here. For what he was trying to do, he has to open up his body more to bend it in. The only thing I'll say is that how bad Henderson's positioning was, it may have put him off, with him thinking "sh*t there's a massive gap in the other corner" and it's made him get it all wrong.

:D love football fans at times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm hoping there will be a point next season where it clicks, he bags a load of goals and this team really starts to trust him and get him on the ball. I thought when he got those two against Villa after netting a few that month he would kick on but obviously the break in then season put a stop to that. 

Almost felt on the cusp of that in February and early March. The restart showed he'd was a victim of the loss of momentum. I actually thought in a practice game environment that these last 9 games would have been better for him but evidently not.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Almost felt on the cusp of that in February and early March. The restart showed he'd was a victim of the loss of momentum. I actually thought in a practice game environment that these last 9 games would have been better for him but evidently not.

I think we need a psychologist.... in a good way.  Anyone watching barns can see his games is about confidence (or the lack of it)  yet he needs to restructure his thinking and add more self compassion so he doesn't carry his mistakes 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It really feels like whatever is blocking him at this moment in time is mental, and if he can get past it he's going to start smashing in all kinds of goals. Really quite sad that we fired those sports psychologists and never replaced them.

He has hat tricks in him 👍

• Like 1

On 06/08/2020 at 10:11, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely nothing stopping him seeing one himself, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. I used to do EFT and hypnotherapy with a few professional golfers back when I used to be in that field. I might offer my services to Harvey and then see that as an angle in to being our new head of scouting.

..would be surprised if he chose to do so!!!

There is for a lot of stigma attached to counselling and a young player would no doubt shy away from this.

There is a need for a psychoanalyst in this scenario and Barnes is a prime candidate.

He could be allowed to find his way in time or we come.maximize his services by  putting him in touch with himself.

2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Unluckiest player in front of goal I have ever seen. Gonna put £50 on him to finish PL's top goalscorer (if he sees a Shaman!).

I don't think he's unlucky - I think his first touch needs to improve.