Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Very good again today, 8 goals in total so far this season already. Two great finishes of different types in a week, both with this weaker foot. 

Now for sure one of our most important players, he seems to be the only player after Vardy that can consistently score!

Im genuinely not sure if it is his weaker foot, looks so much more assured finishing on his left for some reason.

Would really like to see HB as a centre forward at some point, or just behind as a false nine. I think he'll do really well for us.

... and he's from the Blaby District..  just sayin'  :ph34r: :P

Edited by blabyboy

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Im genuinely not sure if it is his weaker foot, looks so much more assured finishing on his left for some reason.

I've seen this happen to quite a few players... when you hit it with your "natural" foot you might have a tendency to snatch at it, because you often hit with that foot out of pure reaction. But with your weaker foot, you actually have to be a bit more composed with the strike and get your technique right. I notice it with Vardy too, his left foot strikes are rarely powerful ones, but are always surprisingly accurate and well placed. 

I don't think Barnes is completely two footed as such players are very rare. In the Premier League the one that comes to mind in recent history was Santi Carzola who genuinely seemed to be as comfortable on either foot. Most players, even the world class ones can use their weaker foot, but have a favoured one.

Anyway whatever it is, it's working for Harvey! Maybe he should swap over to the other side so he can cut in on his left foot more often! lol

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Been saying since Mahrez left we desperately need another player other than Vardy who can take a game by the scruff of the neck when it's needed.

He's done that the past couple of games. Hope he can keep this up.

Absolutely. Maddison is also capable of the sensational, but so far this season his amazing moments have come when we have already been in pole position. That's two games in row where Barnes has been the difference maker, and after that he almost scored and created a few more! Our best player by far.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Had a good season last year and has stepped it up this time. Always a question of whether he could add goals to his game and he's doing it.

He had 0.26 goals p90 last season. I think a lot of people conflated not finishing that well with him barely scoring when it wasn’t the case.

Anyway 5 league goals in 1103 minutes so far this season which is fantastic 

His goal

What I love most about this (apart from the actual finish) is his control of the ball and the strength to hold off Tomkins I think it is). He has 4 players around him at one point and none of them get close to him. Digs out the shot with power and precision and accuracy. It's what you'd expect of a game-changer and he's becoming very influential for it. It's good if he starts to get that reputation as it'll stop people asking the question - or at least answer it - of what happens when Vardy doesn't score.

• Like 1

Until quite recently Harvey was getting slated by all and sundry for his finishing - and justifiably so.

The lad has obviously worked hard on this in training and deserves huge credit for the improvement.

plus, the nation now gets to hear what a proper Leicester accent sounds like (i.e. nothing like Brummie or ‘northern’) in his post-match interviews.

• Like 1

I said at the end of last season that barnes will be aiming for 10 goals as he constantly gets into good positions and good chances but i thought the 8 assists he got last year was a bit of an anomaly and that he should he aiming for 5 this year. His goalscoring is improving massively but he really needs to improve the creative side of his game as he's not created many, if any chances for his teammates this year.

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

5 goals in 15 games this season compared to 6 in 36 last season. He should get 10+ goals this season, be nice if he could get a few assists too (had 8 last season, only got 1 so far this)

I can think of at least 3 balls he has played into the box that have led to penalties this season as well....

• Like 2