Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Games that you didn't get to see all of

Moving on from games that you didn't get to, it got me thinking about games that I didn't get to see all of. The one that springs to mind is Crystal Palace away in 2016. I couldn't get a ticket in the away end so, being an enterprising kind of guy, I researched about how to get a home ticket. I soon found out that the only way was to join the Crystal Palace supporters club. A ticket was acquired and entrance was enabled. I sat through the game in the Holmsdale End and sat on my hands when Mahrez put City ahead. All was well until halftime when a steward came up to me and asked me "Are you a Leicester Supporter?" I had to answer in the affirmative and was promptly shown the door (I was quite happy about this as I thought I was going to be arrested). Somebody had spotted my Leicester scarf under my coat.

We won 1-0 anyway so I didn't miss anything.

Only two games I’ve ever left early: Garry Parker’s managerial debut vs Leeds in the League Cup - we left at 4-0 down, it ended up 6-0. 

And Villa game at the Walkers Stadium in 2004. We were 3-0 down before a fan ran onto the pitch to confront Ian Walker who just twatted him to the ground. We chose not to stay, though we heard a huge cheer from the crowd as we were leaving and thought we’d got one back. By the time we got to the car it turns out the home crowd who’d stayed were now ironically cheering more Villa goals. We lost 5-0.

EB29D639-20D0-414D-90B0-70B5BF3E7241.thumb.jpeg.7a267dc1f440d372d21ea7bde432a5bf.jpeg

Worth noting that each time I was with my dad and he was my lift home. He insisted on leaving and I couldn’t be arsed to get the bus. 

Don't do it often but I can remember leaving early at Forest when we lost 5-1. Either 3-0 or 4-0, I can't remember. That was such an awful performance/result.

Forest away in the league cup 2-1 down, playing crap my dad turns to me and says "come on we're going I've got work early in the morning", was good fun hearing 2 roars as we walked back to the car, ended in 13 year old me screaming that I hate him.

I can laugh about it now, but never letting him live that one down lol

(And if he's reading this you're a daft twat :ph34r:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I missed the last 5 minutes of normal time for both the FC Copenhagen and Sevilla home games as I had to get the last train back to London for work the next day. Stupid decision in retrospect - luckily I didn’t miss any key goals. 

It wasn't me, but a friend of mine (same age, and a world class bridge player to boot) went through a phase of supporting Stockport, and he decided to make the trip to the KP for their match at ours in the Div 1 season. Being the indulgent type, he found his customary absurd reasons route to arriving late, thus missing both goals in the 1-1 draw. However, he found a very good South Indian eaterie on Granby Street afterwards.

He now, without a hint of self-irony, supports Man City (he used to support Leeds, purely to annoy his Yanited supporting twin), but I cannot slag him too much, as he let me use his ST in Feb 2016. Thus I sat up in the Gods in the freezing drizzle, jealously watching you all cavort at the other end of the same stand as the surreal result unfolded, pretending to be cross about it all. That Mahrez goal looked like a shank from my weird oblique angle, and took about 5 minutes to hit the back of the net. I met my friend after, and he had nothing but good things to say about our team

The Stoke away game, which led to relegation to the third tier.

Was dreading that match as half of the family are from Stoke and support them, plus the fact that I knew the sad thing happened.

Watched the first 10 minutes of it, then couldn't cope watching it further as had a bad feeling it was going to be a negative result outcome.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Only left two games early (wanted to at plenty more though, notably Aston Villa in 2004 where I begged for 10 minutes to be allowed to leave after the fifth goal went in)- Coventry at home in 2005/06 and Ipswich away in 2007/08. Didn't miss a goal in either.

Although on New Years Day in 2002 we were playing Arsenal in an evening kick-off (I think 5.30pm) and was held up for ages at Peterborough station. Managed to get there late and ran to the ground expecting to miss the first 20 minutes, only to find the floodlights off and not a soul about until the guy who ran the corner shop in Filbert Street (still there today) told us it had been postponed. I didn't attend the re-arranged match either.

One game that sticks in my mind was Leicester v Tranmere in 1992, Leicester absolutely battered them but just couldn’t score,  I was with my brother and another lad when my brother said come on we will never score, as the game just went into injury time we left, just as we came out of the Carling Stand, Kevin Russell scored, I was gutted and happy at the same time