Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

Just now, Tanya said:

A lot of speculation Praet is a bench role, which seems exorbitant since we don't have European football but I trust the club knows what it is doing

No chance of that.

47 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Wrong thread, but I am excited about Praet. He would bring even more quality to our midfield. We’ve never had so many technical players at one time. Madders, Perez, Youri +1 could be something special. 

We are very keen and have the finances covered. I hear he is also keen. Expect movement soon.

So if we get Praet then surely we won't be getting Mcgregor? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

How would he fit into the team?

Schmeichel

Ricardinho Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Praet

Perez Vardy Maddison

Or does he fancy the bench.

Imho, Maddison is bollocks out wide. 

Drifts inside leaving an absolutely massive amount of pitch just completely wasted. 

In a 343 I think this would be fine as Chilwell would occupy that space but with four at the back it leaves us very vulnerable when Chilwell bombs up there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Lloyd Dyer didn’t have a football brain and accepted it. He could be told “run in a straight line as fast as you can and then cross. If you can’t cross shoot.” And that’s what he did. The end product was often poor, but almost 40 goals and over 30 assists shows his worth.

Admittedly this was at a different time and different level.

Gray doesn’t have a football brain....but thinks that he has.

Many have tried to get him to be direct as he was when he was a kid, but he just doesn’t seem to be able to. There are others already in our league who can and would be a better fit in our team. 

Nailed it, and I got more excited watching Lloyd dyer 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Imho, Maddison is bollocks out wide. 

Drifts inside leaving an absolutely massive amount of pitch just completely wasted. 

In a 343 I think this would be fine as Chilwell would occupy that space but with four at the back it leaves us very vulnerable when Chilwell bombs up there. 

I thought that is how BR likes to set the teams up. 

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So much flexibity, obviously bringing Ndidi, Choudury, Barnes, Gray, Ghezzal, etc in as the situation requires :wub:

It's ridiculous to think that - if the Praet transfer happens - then at least three of Maddison, Tielemans, Perez, Ndidi, Choudhury, Barnes and Praet will miss out every game. And they're all 25 or under (at least, until Perez' birthday next week).

Hopefully it doesn't affect the development of Barnes/Choudhury too much, as they look like real prospects and it'd be a shame if they stagnated because of a lack of minutes.

And that's not to mention the other squad players (who might struggle to make the bench!) in Albrighton, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, Silva and Diabaté. We've got so much depth in midfield now - a far cry from the last few seasons where the likes of King and James, even Gary Taylor-Fletcher have played there against Chelsea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's ridiculous to think that - if the Praet transfer happens - then at least three of Maddison, Tielemans, Perez, Ndidi, Choudhury, Barnes and Praet will miss out every game. And they're all 25 or under (at least, until Perez' birthday next week).

Hopefully it doesn't affect the development of Barnes/Choudhury too much, as they look like real prospects and it'd be a shame if they stagnated because of a lack of minutes.

And that's not to mention the other squad players (who might struggle to make the bench!) in Albrighton, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, Silva and Diabaté. We've got so much depth in midfield now - a far cry from the last few seasons where the likes of King and James, even Gary Taylor-Fletcher have played there against Chelsea.

Quite agee. Don`t imagine we are buying for the sake of it, but to close the pathway from the u21's to the first team is a dangerous precedent.

51 minutes ago, Levi Porter said:

A new winger is absolutely paramount.

No new winger - no top 6.

It really is as simple as that.

I wouldn’t say it’s vital. Marc and Harvey can do it for us. It would be nice as I’ve never been convinced by Gray myself. I also think Maddison will play wide and Perez in behind Vardy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

I wouldn’t say it’s vital. Marc and Harvey can do it for us. It would be nice as I’ve never been convinced by Gray myself. I also think Maddison will play wide and Perez in behind Vardy.

I agree with @Levi Porter but also agree with you. I think a top class winger would be a great push into the upper echelons but I worry that it could inhibit Harvey and Demarai’s progress. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

How would he fit into the team?

Schmeichel

Ricardinho Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Praet

Perez Vardy Maddison

Or does he fancy the bench.

If we get him can't see any other line up than that. Maddison moving out left, Rodgers seems to like the left sided player cutting in.  That is a very exciting line up, if it works we could really surprise a lot of people this season.

47 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I think Barnes will be fine alongside Perez for our wingers. 

Maybe but it's still a risk if he doesn't start taking his chances more often in the prem. Top players will almost always make themselves undroppable sooner or later so there's nothing wrong with competition.

7 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Would be absolutely livid if this happens especially as we are arguably the more attractive club, and we can afford him pushing the boat out 

4A8EAC1A-2DF7-4BC9-93F3-434E0F86378F.png

Pfft...he is a just look at me show pony

Always wants to the big name in the team

Its a huge no from me

9 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Would be absolutely livid if this happens especially as we are arguably the more attractive club, and we can afford him pushing the boat out 

4A8EAC1A-2DF7-4BC9-93F3-434E0F86378F.png

this is definitely his agent trying to make Arsenal up their offer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Unpopular opinion but I think Zaha is and always has been over rated. Dont think he would actually improve us that much.  

You would have thought everton would have learnt from Bolasie, in his prime there really wasnt much between the 2 of them

........... we have Gray and Ghezzal.

This comment is the equivalent of a homeless person calling your house crap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1