Sign in to follow this  
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Lloyd Dyer didn’t have a football brain and accepted it. He could be told “run in a straight line as fast as you can and then cross. If you can’t cross shoot.” And that’s what he did. The end product was often poor, but almost 40 goals and over 30 assists shows his worth.

Admittedly this was at a different time and different level.

Gray doesn’t have a football brain....but thinks that he has.

Many have tried to get him to be direct as he was when he was a kid, but he just doesn’t seem to be able to. There are others already in our league who can and would be a better fit in our team. 

See, this sounds like an insurmountable problem. If he truely believes he is making the correct decisions, despite being told otherwise, the he needs to go.

Are we still waiting for other trasnsfers to move along before recruiting a CM and RW ?

(Noted you seemed almost excitable about Praet lol )

There does seem to be a real dearth of significant transfer activity.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see if psv can keep their lead against basle in second leg of champions league qualifier. If they don't, their main assets to offload are Lozano and Bergwyn to make up for lost CL revenue, could lead to a domino effect of transfers for wingers. 

17 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Lloyd Dyer didn’t have a football brain and accepted it. He could be told “run in a straight line as fast as you can and then cross. If you can’t cross shoot.” And that’s what he did. The end product was often poor, but almost 40 goals and over 30 assists shows his worth.

Many have tried to get him to be direct as he was when he was a kid, but he just doesn’t seem to be able to. There are others already in our league who can and would be a better fit in our team. 

Andros Townsend? ;)

14 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Wrong thread, but I am excited about Praet. He would bring even more quality to our midfield. We’ve never had so many technical players at one time. Madders, Perez, Youri +1 could be something special. 

We are very keen and have the finances covered. I hear he is also keen. Expect movement soon.

And it may actually be the right thread (depending on the domino effect we talk about and players leaving us)

DP can and has played on the right hand side of midfield. Not necessarily in a front 3, but certainly in a team playing one up top or on right hand side of a 3 when they play 2 up. 

No...wrong thread. We are talking wingers here, but you see what I mean 

Edited by LinekersApples
My iPad keeps keeps doubling doubling up up certain words

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

I love it when I see your avatar picture, I rush into the topic and 90% of the time leave with exciting news.

And then nothing happens....

:D

• Haha 2

How would he fit into the team?

Schmeichel

Ricardinho Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Praet

Perez Vardy Maddison

Or does he fancy the bench.

• Like 1

A lot of speculation Praet is a bench role, which seems exorbitant since we don't have European football but I trust the club knows what it is doing

Just now, Tanya said:

A lot of speculation Praet is a bench role, which seems exorbitant since we don't have European football but I trust the club knows what it is doing

No chance of that.

47 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Wrong thread, but I am excited about Praet. He would bring even more quality to our midfield. We’ve never had so many technical players at one time. Madders, Perez, Youri +1 could be something special. 

We are very keen and have the finances covered. I hear he is also keen. Expect movement soon.

So if we get Praet then surely we won't be getting Mcgregor? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

How would he fit into the team?

Schmeichel

Ricardinho Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Praet

Perez Vardy Maddison

Or does he fancy the bench.

Imho, Maddison is bollocks out wide. 

Drifts inside leaving an absolutely massive amount of pitch just completely wasted. 

In a 343 I think this would be fine as Chilwell would occupy that space but with four at the back it leaves us very vulnerable when Chilwell bombs up there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

So if we get Praet then surely we won't be getting Mcgregor? 

That seems like a very safe assumption.

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Nailed it, and I got more excited watching Lloyd dyer 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Imho, Maddison is bollocks out wide. 

Drifts inside leaving an absolutely massive amount of pitch just completely wasted. 

In a 343 I think this would be fine as Chilwell would occupy that space but with four at the back it leaves us very vulnerable when Chilwell bombs up there. 

I thought that is how BR likes to set the teams up. 

image.png.0059aa7c3a60d94896592941a7fd01da.pngimage.png.a77939803efe26ee0a10b623140d83de.pngimage.png.d8fd9cba7c7261d5dbe5d962cf93bdf1.png

So much flexibity, obviously bringing Ndidi, Choudury, Barnes, Gray, Ghezzal, etc in as the situation requires :wub:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So much flexibity, obviously bringing Ndidi, Choudury, Barnes, Gray, Ghezzal, etc in as the situation requires :wub:

It's ridiculous to think that - if the Praet transfer happens - then at least three of Maddison, Tielemans, Perez, Ndidi, Choudhury, Barnes and Praet will miss out every game. And they're all 25 or under (at least, until Perez' birthday next week).

Hopefully it doesn't affect the development of Barnes/Choudhury too much, as they look like real prospects and it'd be a shame if they stagnated because of a lack of minutes.

And that's not to mention the other squad players (who might struggle to make the bench!) in Albrighton, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, Silva and Diabaté. We've got so much depth in midfield now - a far cry from the last few seasons where the likes of King and James, even Gary Taylor-Fletcher have played there against Chelsea.

• Like 1

Gray has got the skill but makes too many wrong decisions.

Harvey has shown promise but leaves his shooting boots at home too often

We need a quality winger for top 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's ridiculous to think that - if the Praet transfer happens - then at least three of Maddison, Tielemans, Perez, Ndidi, Choudhury, Barnes and Praet will miss out every game. And they're all 25 or under (at least, until Perez' birthday next week).

Hopefully it doesn't affect the development of Barnes/Choudhury too much, as they look like real prospects and it'd be a shame if they stagnated because of a lack of minutes.

And that's not to mention the other squad players (who might struggle to make the bench!) in Albrighton, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, Silva and Diabaté. We've got so much depth in midfield now - a far cry from the last few seasons where the likes of King and James, even Gary Taylor-Fletcher have played there against Chelsea.

Quite agee. Don`t imagine we are buying for the sake of it, but to close the pathway from the u21's to the first team is a dangerous precedent.

24 minutes ago, Levi Porter said:

A new winger is absolutely paramount.

No new winger - no top 6.

It really is as simple as that.

Ironically that was Levi’s exact height. 

11572A7F-D618-4EB6-B798-D054E0B2B1F5.jpeg.1272640399ed2c5c5332c9f0900baa2b.jpeg

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Levi Porter said:

A new winger is absolutely paramount.

No new winger - no top 6.

It really is as simple as that.

I wouldn’t say it’s vital. Marc and Harvey can do it for us. It would be nice as I’ve never been convinced by Gray myself. I also think Maddison will play wide and Perez in behind Vardy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

I wouldn’t say it’s vital. Marc and Harvey can do it for us. It would be nice as I’ve never been convinced by Gray myself. I also think Maddison will play wide and Perez in behind Vardy.

I agree with @Levi Porter but also agree with you. I think a top class winger would be a great push into the upper echelons but I worry that it could inhibit Harvey and Demarai’s progress. 

• Thanks 1