Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

28 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Exactly and it was under McClaren

Thauvin has 57 combined goals and assists in the last 63 games, Zaha has never scored more than 10 league goals in a season! 

You bring him over to the prem and see how he gets on, oh wait that already happened and he didn’t cut it. Zahas proven prem quality that’s why prem players go for so much money...If you can cut it in the best league you have the inflated value 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

I’ll leave this here:

Maxwel Cornet last 10 games Ligue 1 goal contributions p90 based on NPxG90 + xA90

Player (Mins) p90

Mbappe (840) 1.5/90

Cornet (721) 1.06

Neymar (821) 0.94

Cavani (764) 0.92

Depay (785) 0.88

If cornets the mustard he starts for the Ivory Coast but he wasn’t even second choice he was 3rd behind Pepe. Unreal the amount of slate Zahas getting on here, he’d move the team up another level, good job the lot of you aren’t football managers or we’d be targeting slimanis and Musas all over again. Invest in proven quality in YOUR own league...

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

If cornets the mustard he starts for the Ivory Coast but he wasn’t even second choice he was 3rd behind Pepe. Unreal the amount of slate Zahas getting on here, he’d move the team up another level, good job the lot of you aren’t football managers or we’d be targeting slimanis and Musas all over again. Invest in proven quality in YOUR own league...

Investing in proven quality in our own league isn't financially feasible. Manchester United have paid £55m for a right back with 42 senior appearances. We want £90m for a centre back that was outshone by Evans last season. Unless they have a release clause like Perez, it's terrible value for money.

Zaha is reportedly a difficult character, would want obscene money, wouldn't come to Leicester, and his stats aren't that great for the £80m they are supposedly demanding.

Can't quite believe you are disregarding the quality foreign acquisitions we have made since that diabolical summer. Ricardo (same league as Slimani), Ndidi and Tielemans are just three of those. Many of the others, like Maddison, hadn't played in the Premier League.

You also believe that football managers sign players. Please tell me why the club pays Jon Rudkin, Lee Congerton, a head of technical scouting and dozens of scouts and recruitment staff if one man is selecting the players he recruits.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Zaha is overrated for his dribbling, he’s basically Gray with more contribution, but not enough to warrant over £45m. Let another team overpay.

So basically everything Demarai doesn’t do! Zaha carries that Palace side at times. I wouldn’t pay over £45m but that’s the market. He may be a bit of a twat, but he’s on a different planet compared to Gray!! If Gray put in half the performances Zaha did we’d be expecting over £45m if someone wanted to sign him!

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

How are people still dismissing France. It's one of the consistently best places to buy players from and we should know that as much as anyone.

Yeah, as if you’ll pick up any world class talent from mid table in Ligue 1 or geniuses languishing in Ligue 2. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Yeah, as if you’ll pick up any world class talent from mid table in Ligue 1 or geniuses languishing in Ligue 2. 

Or Belgian international midfielders.

In before anyone spouts about Ghezzal - he was largely deemed a flop over there as well.

I'm not claiming Ligue 1 is as strong as the Premier League but it's laughable how many people write off foreign league when signing players, when the majority of the league is foreign and the majority of the top players in it were signed from Spain, France and Germany. Just reeks of falling for Sky rhetoric.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I'd be interested to know how confident the club is about getting this high profile player over the line

I think this will be dependent on us selling Maguire and/or a number of bits of dross like Silva, Diabate, Slimani, King etc

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this will be dependent on us selling Maguire and/or a number of bits of dross like Silva, Diabate, Slimani, King etc

I'm not sure it is to be honest - I genuinely think BR has been promised circa 130 odd million!