Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Didn’t sign a new Contract at Liverpool as he couldn’t really break into the team at the time, wonder how his relationship finished with Rodgers?

Don't remember it being great but he was younger then. Suso wasn't good enough to make first team and he had his chances.  If this is really happening then I guarantee Rodgers and him will have an eye to eye to sort things out. My gut says no on this but then, like the rest of us, I don't know shit. Your call Brendan. At least he's not Balotelli. :)

47 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I remember the days like when we signed Daniel Amartey off 1 short video of him running the left of the pitch to score and thought he was the next Messi.

This guy looks spot on, here's hoping this is someone we're in for, and get.

He didn’t even score, either, he just won the penalty. To be fair, if ever there was a play good enough to sign a player off of, it was that one!

25 minutes ago, Swalesy6 said:

Think Thauvin would be better value for money  - assuming he could also cost around £35-40 million.

36mil for Suso. Over my dead body. If this is a Praet/attacking midfielder deal then maybe 20/30mil.

If we're looking for an attacker/Perez type then we should fork out the extra 15 for something special. Suso is not it.

I would be extremely disappointed if Suso was our attacking player at 30/50 mil.

Edited by SO1

5 hours ago, hejammy said:

Does anyone actually remember where this rumour of a £30-50m Winger came from anyways? :dunno:

5 hours ago, lanefox said:

Think it was a percy ama on reddit 

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Dorset too from inside club info.

Tanner at mercury said it... we then signed Perez a while later. Nothing has really been said since then and Rodgers when asked has been totally transparent about wanting an ACM and a replacement for Maguire if he went. But has said nothing about a winger.

Just reading between the lines I’d say Perez was that signing... unless someone leaves to free up a spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I remember the days like when we signed Daniel Amartey off 1 short video of him running the left of the pitch to score and thought he was the next Messi.

This guy looks spot on, here's hoping this is someone we're in for, and get.

I remember that run.  There was no goal at the end of it though, just a run.

He did score a couple of 30 yard pile drivers for Copenhagen though.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I remember that run.  There was no goal at the end of it though, just a run.

He did score a couple of 30 yard pile drivers for Copenhagen though.

So he ran the length of the pitch, fell over in the box and won a penalty.... so we signed him :crylaugh:

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Tanner at mercury said it... we then signed Perez a while later. Nothing has really been said since then and Rodgers when asked has been totally transparent about wanting an ACM and a replacement for Maguire if he went. But has said nothing about a winger.

Just reading between the lines I’d say Perez was that signing... unless someone leaves to free up a spot.

Rodgers most definitely said he wanted a new winger at the back end of last season as well as another striker, he's since referred to Perez as being primarily a striker. However, I think he will feature the majority of the time out wide and therefore it could be that we don't actually buy another winger. Likewise I think the extra attacking midfielder he is after could well be someone who plays either centrally or sometimes out wide, but I don't think it'll be a traditional direct winger of the mould of Zaha, Sarr, Chukwueze type. More like Praet or Mendez.

• Like 2

Arsenal have apperantly turned down the chance to sign Ziyech for 25m, we should go all out for him and that would do us, im sure we can offer him better wages than what he is currently on, would the player want the move though is the question, he wanted to go Arsenal.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Arsenal have apperantly turned down the chance to sign Ziyech for 25m, we should go all out for him and that would do us, im sure we can offer him better wages than what he is currently on, would the player want the move though is the question, he wanted to go Arsenal.

He'd probably be like whoareyaaa to us

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers most definitely said he wanted a new winger at the back end of last season as well as another striker, he's since referred to Perez as being primarily a striker. However, I think he will feature the majority of the time out wide and therefore it could be that we don't actually buy another winger. Likewise I think the extra attacking midfielder he is after could well be someone who plays either centrally or sometimes out wide, but I don't think it'll be a traditional direct winger of the mould of Zaha, Sarr, Chukwueze type. More like Praet or Mendez.

And Perez referred to his best position as wide right.... perhaps he just covers both!! The Extra CM will cover the ACM’s but also free people up to move positions.

I just don’t think we are spending £30m on Perez for him to be backup striker, when his most productive season at Newcastle was in exactly the position we are talking about, at RW.

Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, Gray and at a push Ricardo , Maddison and Rachid is more than enough cover for the wide positions.

Although if the money is there then a top class winger obviously is welcome as there are a lot of question marks there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Supposedly he fancies a move to England and is willing to look at clubs outside the top 6 if none of the top 6 come in for him but that came from some absolute gutter media about a month ago so a pinch of salt is required. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And Perez referred to his best position as wide right.... perhaps he just covers both!! The Extra CM will cover the ACM’s but also free people up to move positions.

I just don’t think we are spending £30m on Perez for him to be backup striker, when his most productive season at Newcastle was in exactly the position we are talking about, at RW.

Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, Gray and at a push Ricardo , Maddison and Rachid is more than enough cover for the wide positions.

Although if the money is there then a top class winger obviously is welcome as there are a lot of question marks there.

I always assumed that Perez was the winger in question, but LinkersApples has strongly suggested we are still in for a proven winger if we can get him, and he's been pretty reliable for news so far. 

In the last two post match friendly interviews Rodgers has said that he's open to business to get the right person but happy with the squad as it stands. That suggests to me that a deadline day high profile signing is more than possible, but he won't lost any sleep if we don't have any more in-comings.

Last season on deadline day Everton secured Gomes, Digne and Zouma so it's always possible. Malcom is still at Barcelona and it's pretty obvious he won't be by the time their season starts. Not saying we will get him, but I genuinely could see a fairly outlandish signing being made on deadline day.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah i'm torn, I would love a left footed right winger and then Perez competes with Albrighton and Barnes for a left wing spot or basically plays wherever there's space but it might stunt the growth of Barnes which i'm not yet ready to chance. Barnes simply has to start scoring next season, he can't keep missing that many chances, he has a rare ability of finding space to get 2-3 shots off a game in and around the box which is unbelievable. I am convinced Rodgers will get the best out of him.

With regards to Barnes the earlier on in the season he scored the more his confidence will grow. Scored on debut for West Brom and had great first half of the season! Looked really frustrated with his chances against Cambridge, if he relaxes and puts one away early I can see him bagging double figures this season! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thauvin and Suso both failed in England before going back to the continent to ply their trade, and are now ready to come back to the Premier League to thrive. 

It’s not like there have been previous success stories like that...

ipanews_7fea6f5d-e55f-439c-ac18-feabfaad

skysports-mohamed-salah-chelsea_4300040.

De Bruyne and Salah were probably good even in their first outing 

Mourinho was too daft to notice…. He’s actually got quite a poor record when it comes to bringing through new talent…. He’s always been in a position to simply buy it…

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

Think we still need another winger. Barnes and perez will get goals off the wing but albrighton and gray have never shown the ability to be prolific, despite their other strengths. If we get an injury to one of those goalscoring two, teams can set up to negate our attacking threat on one side. Someone like suso is that happy medium of spending money on good quality without blowing 50m on a winger that we have to play regardless of form as that player will expect to come in and start every game. 

26 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

De Bruyne and Salah were probably good even in their first outing 

Mourinho was too daft to notice…. He’s actually got quite a poor record when it comes to bringing through new talent…. He’s always been in a position to simply buy it…

Liverpool too fvcking cheap to buy Salah when Rodgers had the title in his reach. Trying to lowball Basel. Ian "Fvcking" Ayre. Cost Rodgers the title.

Chelsea bought him for 13mil and sat him on the bench :mad:

Edited by SO1