Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thauvin and Suso both failed in England before going back to the continent to ply their trade, and are now ready to come back to the Premier League to thrive. 

It’s not like there have been previous success stories like that...

ipanews_7fea6f5d-e55f-439c-ac18-feabfaad

skysports-mohamed-salah-chelsea_4300040.

The Chelsea model is buy young talent, loan then sell.  Nothing to do with whether they were good enough tbf. The amount of players they were doing this with they were bound to have missed out on some big players.  

7 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Vardy is 32 his time is up soon unfortunately.

Lewin is a young prospect who could keep him out the squad for longer 

He's not going there to establish himself at the club. He's going so he develops enough that Juventus will activate his buyback clause (which they will certainly put in) once he's good enough for them. DCL is definitely easier to displace this season than Vardy.

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's not going there to establish himself at the club. He's going so he develops enough that Juventus will activate his buyback clause (which they will certainly put in) once he's good enough for them. DCL is definitely easier to displace this season than Vardy.

As you know him well enough and I assume you have spoken to him directly to make such an assumption I will just have to take your word for it I guess ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

As you know him well enough and I assume you have spoken to him directly to make such an assumption I will just have to take your word for it I guess ?

Alright my tone was dickish fair enough. Pretty much all the reports I've seen from the Italian side are saying that Juve is only interested in sales with generous* buybacks because they have big faith in him. He's only 19, there's a good chance of him being able to break into Juventus' first team eventually. If he does move to the PL, it's purely to raise his profile and improve his game - so he would be looking to start as much as he can in his favoured and best position - striker. Displacing DCL for 2ish seasons would be a lot more secure to bet on than Vardy declining enough for his raw talent to overcome. That makes Everton a much more attractive destination for him, which was my original point in this thread.

*generous for Juventus not the buying club

Edited by Nicolo Barella

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

it's widely reported.

Juventus want to sell at £31.5m buy a buy back clause after two years for £36m.

It sounds a bad deal for the buying club. They spend two years bedding in a 19 year old only to give him back as a 21 year old.

There is also the caveat that he turns out like Iheanacho or gets a serious injury and they don'y buy him back. Financially you take all the risk with little reward. 

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Alright my tone was dickish fair enough. Pretty much all the reports I've seen from the Italian side are saying that Juve is only interested in sales with generous* buybacks because they have big faith in him. He's only 19, there's a good chance of him being able to break into Juventus' first team eventually. If he does move to the PL, it's purely to raise his profile and improve his game - so he would be looking to start as much as he can in his favoured and best position - striker. Displacing DCL for 2ish seasons would be a lot more secure to bet on than Vardy declining enough for his raw talent to overcome. That makes Everton a much more attractive destination for him, which was my original point in this thread.

*generous for Juventus not the buying club

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

it's widely reported.

Juventus want to sell at £31.5m buy a buy back clause after two years for £36m.

It sounds a bad deal for the buying club. They spend two years bedding in a 19 year old only to give him back as a 21 year old.

There is also the caveat that he turns out like Iheanacho or gets a serious injury and they don'y buy him back. Financially you take all the risk with little reward. 

I only said that in jest was only having a laugh ??

This is the one we need if we're going to crash the top 6. Everywhere on the pitch we have players who would play regularly for one or more of the current top 6. But not on the wings. None of Barnes, Gray or Albrighton would start for any of our top 6 rivals (and don't get me on to the back up players!).

Barnes will become good enough, just not next season. Gray we now know won't. Albrighton is great at what he does and is worth a place in every match day squad. Perez will play wide some of the time, and no doubt do it well.

But we need more goals and more assists from our wide players, and that means bringing in a fully formed, left-footed right winger to start...  

• Like 4

Just now, Steve Earle said:

This is the one we need if we're going to crash the top 6. Everywhere on the pitch we have players who would play regularly for one or more of the current top 6. But not on the wings. None of Barnes, Gray or Albrighton would start for any of our top 6 rivals (and don't get me on to the back up players!).

Barnes will become good enough, just not next season. Gray we now know won't. Albrighton is great at what he does and is worth a place in every match day squad. Perez will play wide some of the time, and no doubt do it well.

But we need more goals and more assists from our wide players, and that means bringing in a fully formed, left-footed right winger to start...  

What about the back up players!....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Disagree, Barnes  rattled off more shots (2.4 per 90 mins) in the PL last season than Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Sane, Higuain, Rashford, Jimenez and Salah. First pre-season game, again he's finding pockets inside the area and his press created the goal for Hamza, not forgetting his perfect cross to get Kelechi off the mark, at West Brom as soon as he found the net the goals started streaming in, I'm confident he'll get at least 10 PL goals this season and be a regular starter (predominantly on the left). Both Barnes and Phil Foden have the unique ability of finding space in between defenders and midfielders.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

6 years ago...

Reports showing rumours means "I read Foxestalk and thought I'd try and tweet this and write it in such a way that may make people think I have some journalistic integrity"

Fail.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Reports showing rumours means "I read Foxestalk and thought I'd try and tweet this and write it in such a way that may make people think I have some journalistic integrity"

Fail.

Breaking News Reports suggest that FT'ers don`t look at Tweet dates...;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Breaking News Reports suggest that FT'ers don`t look at Tweet dates...;)

lol I recognise it's 6 years old - it's the source and the wording I take issue with like all these twitter accounts that manufacture click bait for hits.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Disagree, Barnes  rattled off more shots (2.4 per 90 mins) in the PL last season than Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Sane, Higuain, Rashford, Jimenez and Salah. First pre-season game, again he's finding pockets inside the area and his press created the goal for Hamza, not forgetting his perfect cross to get Kelechi off the mark, at West Brom as soon as he found the net the goals started streaming in, I'm confident he'll get at least 10 PL goals this season and be a regular starter (predominantly on the left). Both Barnes and Phil Foden have the unique ability of finding space in between defenders and midfielders.

I admire your confidence Roy! As I said, I'm sure Barnes will be a top 6 wide player, I'm just not as confident as you it'll be this season. My suspicion is he'll be 'sharing' the wide left berth with Perez and (possibly) Gray, while New Wonder Winger starts most games on the right. I'm in a win win - be delighted if you're right!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Agreed. I'm really impressed by Barnes. He often crops up in the right place at the right time to assist or shoot. I think he's on the verge of being a really important player for us. I think he only needs to work on his finishing before he's a key player. I think it's likely that a goal or two will build his confidence, and then he could be a major contributor.

I predict Perez will be nailed on to start RW, and Albrighton and Barnes will be competing for LW. I think Barnes could well be first choice LW by the end of the season.

I don't think we'll be spending big on a winger before the end of the window. I think that player is Perez. I reckon we'll get someone (Praet/McGregor maybe) in as competition for YT and JM, who can maybe also play on the wing.

• Like 2

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

... got to say we did not look too good when we had Barnes wide on the right. 

The width comes from the fullbacks and putting Perez or Barnes wide does not work. A tight forward three with the Vardy support in a 4-3-3 will be more the order of the day. 

Would give you more Like's for this if I could. Spot on. It is Ricardo who has looked most dangerous, far more so than Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, basically anyone in the forward right position. :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The width comes from the fullbacks and putting Perez or Barnes wide does not work. A tight forward three with the Vardy support in a 4-3-3 will be more the order of the day. 

I sort of agree, but  think it's Brendan's plan to play with one wide forward (egs Barnes & Perez) and one winger (to-be-signed). If we don't sign the £30-50M player then I think we'll play Perez on the right with Barnes competing with others for the spot on the left :cool:

• Like 1

The Mercury are reporting that Perez is the RW, I do think we are done now still,

but i I do feel if we are serious about top 6 we need a quality winger in, if we don’t I think 7th-10th will be where we finish 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Personally I thought we looked better with him on the right than on the left where Chilwell kept encroaching into his space.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would give you more Like's for this if I could. Spot on. It is Ricardo who has looked most dangerous, far more so than Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, basically anyone in the forward right position. :thumbup:

This