Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

4 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

This doesn't read too promising... 

One minute fee is agreed, next minute this? Does anyone really know anything?

I have no idea who this is but almost every major credible journalist either of the Belgian national team or of Leicester City, plus every ITK on this forum with any real track record, is making out that its pretty much a done deal. 

I'd chill tbh. 

• Like 3

I don't see Silva not being included in the deal with Monaco as a massive issue to us if the reports about a lot of interest/offers for him are accurate. Providing we get the money for him from another club or use him as a makeweight with Monaco for Tielemans as long as that deal goes through it shouldn't impact us getting Youri as we can use the cash from someone else for that deal (theoretically, not saying Silva has to be sold first). 

Hopefully Tielemans is done soon :scarf:

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I have no idea who this is but almost every major credible journalist either of the Belgian national team or of Leicester City, plus every ITK on this forum with any real track record, is making out that its pretty much a done deal. 

I'd chill tbh. 

Stuart James is credible.  He is not hack from the Star, Mirror or the Sun.   Hopefully better news shortly.

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

500 rep points to whoever comes up with a YT song to this. 

Tielemans, tielemans, running down the wing.

Tielemans, tielemans, middle name marion.

Something, something, something,

Something something else.

Marion, marion, marion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Tielemans, tielemans, running down the wing.

Tielemans, tielemans, middle name marion.

Something, something, something,

Something something else.

Marion, marion, marion.

that's got to be the worst chant imaginable.

• Haha 3

Guest SO1

Boo Hooo. See the money that Monaco make from player development / transfers and what do we expect. All about maximum $$$$$$$

I expect to see all the shithouse antics that usually come with a transfer of this size. Maybe they want Youri back there next week training with the reserves.

Up to him really. United can offer 80mil and he doesn't have to go anywhere.

I'm sure he'll have the proper attitude if he has to take his family back to Monaco..............us signing him in 5 4 3 2

What is the stumbling block here?

We seem to have gone after Perez quite aggressively by triggering his release clause at £30m but Youri is so much more essential to us and he has already proven himself at the club - does the club seriously not think that he is worth £40m?! 

He’s got the potential to become one of the best central midfielders in the premier league within the next couple of seasons and he is only 22. Fork over the cash and get the deal done! It obviously would’ve been preferable to send Silva the other way but I’m sure we can easily find a buyer for him somewhere in Europe at around £8-14m. Add to that the fees and wages recouped from other outgoings and any potential Maguire sale and everything should be fine. The player seems as though he wants to come and there has yet to be any serious interest shown by other clubs. United could potentially make a late move but they might not and Monaco want rid of him anyways. Is there something I’m missing??! Get him in already!

3 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

We seem to have gone after Perez quite aggressively by triggering his release clause at £30m but Youri is so much more essential to us and he has already proven himself at the club - does the club seriously not think that he is worth £40m?! 

He’s got the potential to become one of the best central midfielders in the premier league within the next couple of seasons and he is only 22. Fork over the cash and get the deal done! It obviously would’ve been preferable to send Silva the other way but I’m sure we can easily find a buyer for him somewhere in Europe at around £8-14m. Add to that the fees and wages recouped from other outgoings and any potential Maguire sale and everything should be fine. The player seems as though he wants to come and there has yet to be any serious interest shown by other clubs. United could potentially make a late move but they might not and Monaco want rid of him anyways. Is there something I’m missing??! Get him in already!

I am sure it's still ticking over ok. He's our number 1 priority, and as you say, if we are prepared to pay big on Perez, we are clearly going to be prepared to pay out for someone who has already shown he can make a huge difference for the team, and has massive sell on potential. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Stop eating the shit that twitter throw out the window. Its all bs most of the time.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

There is no evidence to suggest we are doing anything other than our best to get him in. What's actually happening we haven't a clue ,other than we obviously want him and will be trying our best , ignore the crap and wait for credible news. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'd chill tbh. 

I don’t think any of the usually credible sources have reported that a fee has been agreed have they, or have I missed that?

Edited by Nickfosse

2 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I don’t think any of the usually credible sources have reported that a fee has been agreed have they, or have I missed that?

No, but they are insinuating it's a formality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

It would be great if it was as simple as 'we want him, we get him', but it's really not.

Monaco are his parent club and the ball is in their court. From what I understand there have been a lot of clubs enquiring about him, whilst not making formal bids as such, the window is open for sometime and they can utilise that to make us wait see if any clubs put in higher bids. They will also hope it will make us increase our bid in an attempt to secure the transfer.

1 minute ago, CollinsLCFC said:

It would be great if it was as simple as 'we want him, we get him', but it's really not.

Monaco are his parent club and the ball is in their court. From what I understand there have been a lot of clubs enquiring about him, whilst not making formal bids as such, the window is open for sometime and they can utilise that to make us wait see if any clubs put in higher bids. They will also hope it will make us increase our bid in an attempt to secure the transfer.

Yes I get that and like others have added, we simply just don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. I’m sure the club are doing what they can to sign him and Monaco know he’s hot property so will try and cash in as much as possible.

I just hope for my sanity and the player’s sake that they don’t drag this transfer on deep into July just in the hope that another club enters the bidding!:sweating:

20 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Youri was on vacation and other clubs were interested. But like other credible folks and sources have said, it looks like we’ve got our man. 

And it’s only the first week of July.