Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

8 minutes ago, MIAMI_FOX said:

prices are inflated all over the world, this deal is no different.  just the way it is.  

Gylfi Sigurdsson - 45m

Danny Ings 24m

Dominic Solanke - 21m

Danny Drinkwater - 35m

Jefferson Lerma - 28m

Danny Ward - 14m

30m is not cheap, but I'd say is a fair price for the player, given he's proven in the Premier League. Pre-season has already started and the international players return next week. Having Perez, Tielemans and JJ all in by the end of next week is likely the plan, then we can just get on with it and get ready for hopefully a very exciting season. Just make sure to play Evans and Soyuncu together a fair few times in case Maguire leaves!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

That Ashley is some serious piece of work, no wonder Rafa buggered off.

To me, Perez is perfect for us. He is 26 later this month, is a Prem player and has been in the country for 5 years. After loads of mega teams were linked in him earlier in his career he opted for Newcastle but like most younger players took time to settle in. He has skill but importantly is an excellent finisher and gives us something different. The major frustration for me last season was us creating a shed load of chances and we couldnt hit a cows ass with a Banjo. We need more goals and I would get Perez in all day because he knows the league. 

We all know what happens when you sign players who dont know the league, its hit and miss whether they will adapt (cough Slimani!!).

Anyway, get him in as we need 10 goals out of someone in wider positions!

He didn’t score 10 goals as a winger though

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Gylfi Sigurdsson - 45m

Danny Ings 24m

Dominic Solanke - 21m

Danny Drinkwater - 35m

Jefferson Lerma - 28m

Danny Ward - 14m

30m is not cheap, but I'd say is a fair price for the player, given he's proven in the Premier League. Pre-season has already started and the international players return next week. Having Perez, Tielemans and JJ all in by the end of next week is likely the plan, then we can just get on with it and get ready for hopefully a very exciting season. Just make sure to play Evans and Soyuncu together a fair few times in case Maguire leaves!

£21m for Solanki ??? 

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

But don't we have a potential marquee signing lined up? I'd rather have an effective player then someone I've not heard of and considered a risk!

Rob Tanner said that he’d heard Leicester were in for a 30-50 million ‘marquee’ signing, that’s what I was getting at. 

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can we please change the above name like you have willy puller? We really aren’t signing Ziyech, please let that one go.

I’m not saying we can sign him? I’m saying it’s the same price! So I don’t think he’s worth 30M

Just tell yourself it was £13m if it makes you feel better and can stomach the deal, it really makes fcuk all difference to be honest..if he's 13m or 30m he will still score as many or as little goals regardless. 12 Prem goals next season and the price is nice anyway. Relax

• Like 3

This has come out of nowhere! Wow, well done @Ashley and @UpTheLeagueFox!

£30m seems steep, but we know from personal experience the market is crazy right now. He's a PL experienced player in his prime, coming off the back of some of the best goalscoring form of his life. Gerrimin.

Only question I have is where we're going to play him. Toon mate says he plays best just off a target man, a la Rondon last season.

Maybe we're signing Rondon too :ph34r:

P.S. For as good as this is for us, I feel for Newcastle fans. **** Mike Ashley. **** that guy.

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

I’m not saying we can sign him? I’m saying it’s the same price! So I don’t think he’s worth 30M

Isn’t that Ziyech’s release clause? That sort of negates any point you’re making if it is (I don’t know if it is or not it’s a genuine question) 

Kante was worth at least double what we sold him for, so it skews everything. 

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I know and it wasn’t a dig at you mate, just that ship sailed 2 years ago.

That’s ok mate, he is destined for a big club now I would have thought! I would be  shocked if he didn’t 

£30m seems a bit much for a player I thought would be coming in as a squad option. Weird one if he’s being brought in as our starting wide man. Feels a bit Fabio Borini now but I’ll reserve judgement. If he replicates last season’s numbers for us he’ll be worth it

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

£21m for Solanki ??? 

Indeed!

But when we paid 16m for Musa, 30m for Slimani and 22m for Silva we can't really poke fun at others :facepalm:

Sometimes it's good to be pragmatic about signings. Whenever you sign a foreign player, you always get your hopes up. Perhaps the player will be another Mahrez or Kante who is a scouting team special, a world class talent that went under the radar. But most times that's not the case. We have a really exciting up and coming team and not every player needs to be a superstar or upcoming youth prospect. Two of our best signings in recent times were Robert Huth and Marc Albrighton! Youri Tielemans will be our marquee signing this summer and we know he will be good.

As for Ayoze Perez:

The right age (25, about to be 26)

Experience in the Premier League

Can hit the back of the net

Hard working

Team Player

Just had his best season

Versatile

What's not to like?

• Like 3

Whenever I've seen him he's been playing just off the striker, which makes me worry that our solution to our winger shortage is to move Maddison wide permanently and have Perez behind Vardy. Might not be the case but he's not an obvious first team winger signing, nor is he going above Maddison in the no.10 pecking order. All conjecture on my part and he's a tidy player, but I don't really see where he fits in apart from as a bit of a jack of all trades rotation option.