Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Very 'meh' signing but will do a job, bit concerned under Congerton we no longer seem to bother looking for deals abroad and paying over the odds for UK based players but there you go.

He's been in the job less than two months and signed 2 players. Far too early to concerned about his long term recruitment strategy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He's been in the job less than two months and signed 2 players. Far too early to concerned about his long term recruitment strategy.

I’m sure he must’ve been on the wind up with that comment but sadly I think that is not the case.

In fairness Perez is boasting 0.2 more tackles and 0.1 more interceptions per game..

He was also playing on a team with minimal creativity that parked the bus every week, while Mahrez was on a team that averaged about 65% possession and has arguably the most talent in club football.

Edited by Deeg67

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Very 'meh' signing but will do a job, bit concerned under Congerton we no longer seem to bother looking for deals abroad and paying over the odds for UK based players but there you go.

was it not the case that when  Macia left it was announced that this seasons targets had already been identified?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KFS said:

Do we think another 8 is so we leave Maddison alone as the 10? 

Not sure we really need one but ok...

Rodgers has said he likes to play one holding midfielder maybe he’s looking at playing 4-3-3 with Ndidi Tielemanns and another box to box midfielder

Looking at last season he started on the left wing, then played as a 10, then after Christmas on the right wing, that’s what it looks like

The Newcastle fans told me that’s wrong even though I questioned it, they’re adamant he never played on the right only as a no10, as somebody who hasn’t got a clue are they right?

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

James Justin ✔️

Ayoze Pérez 

Youri Tielemans

Jarrod Bowen / Ismaila Sarr

Callum McGregor 

some window that would be! Seriously upgrades the squad. Would leave us spending around £90m-£120m.

I do wonder if we will get an '8' position player from the maguire offer. So could end up with a player like delph or Andreas pereira to get them up from 70 to 90m. Then would love sarr and finish off our business apart from major outgoings 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dayday said:

Looking at last season he started on the left wing, then played as a 10, then after Christmas on the right wing, that’s what it looks like

The Newcastle fans told me that’s wrong even though I questioned it, they’re adamant he never played on the right only as a no10, as somebody who hasn’t got a clue are they right?

That's probably because both him and Almiron essentially played off the striker instead of from the wings. They did have less structure than standard wingers.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

James Justin ✔️

Ayoze Pérez 

Youri Tielemans

Jarrod Bowen / Ismaila Sarr

Callum McGregor 

some window that would be! Seriously upgrades the squad. Would leave us spending around £90m-£120m.

Maybe Camarasa rather than McGregor?

Edited by Dahnsouff

The more I think about it, the more sense this signing makes. He retains the ball very well in close control and under pressure whilst driving it forward, will link up very well with Vardy whilst also chipping in a few goals himself.

4 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

Dog 5hit, bottom 6 signing. Not the sort of player we should be going for if we are aiming for top 6. 

Your mad.

Yea hes  not world class but he is a very effective player. Also proven premier league 

Edited by Fox85

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Indeed!

But when we paid 16m for Musa, 30m for Slimani and 22m for Silva we can't really poke fun at others :facepalm:

Sometimes it's good to be pragmatic about signings. Whenever you sign a foreign player, you always get your hopes up. Perhaps the player will be another Mahrez or Kante who is a scouting team special, a world class talent that went under the radar. But most times that's not the case. We have a really exciting up and coming team and not every player needs to be a superstar or upcoming youth prospect. Two of our best signings in recent times were Robert Huth and Marc Albrighton! Youri Tielemans will be our marquee signing this summer and we know he will be good.

As for Ayoze Perez:

The right age (25, about to be 26)

Experience in the Premier League

Can hit the back of the net

Hard working

Team Player

Just had his best season

Versatile

What's not to like?

Exactly this. £30 mill seems underwhelming because £16m was mentioned first off. But he's hitting his prime, is quick, skillful, hardworking, scored goals from exactly where we cant, and is a proven premier player. I mentioned him a month or 2 ago and would have been ok with us spending big to get him. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised. 

Perez seems like a very astute signing too me.

People moaning at 30m need to give your head a wobble, is Harry as a player worth 90m? No, clearly, but thats what we want to take the hit of losing him, maybe other clubs do the same with their players.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perez seems like a very astute signing too me.

People moaning at 30m need to give your head a wobble, is Harry as a player worth 90m? No, clearly, but thats what we want to take the hit of losing him, maybe other clubs do the same with their players.

Exactly let's say we sell Maguire for 90m

We then pay 30m for perez and 40m for Tielemans.

We have actually got 2 class players for free with about 2m spare good business

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Leaked or an ‘unfortunate’ public sighting 

which was the ballon head deal ???

Cambiasso was the balloon head deal. Pearson was not pleased after he had managed to keep it under his hat until it was nearly done. We still got it over the line though. :scarf: