Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

You really don’t see signings from Premier League clubs for less than £20m these days and Pérez is a key player with time left on his deal. There will be some clauses that if met will mean he is a success so not really bothered about the fee. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

If a leaked photo of Susan Whelan using her thighs to headlock Robben in one of Leicester Marriot’s Executive Rooms surfaces online, we’re good to presume he’s our new winger. 

You've done it now, no way am I sleeping tonight, can't get that picture out of my head..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m the tightest ****er about and I think he’s value. Man U just paid £50m for a kid who I’ve never seen kick the ball straight*

*small sample of games :D

You are a wiser person than I, so I’m not going to disagree with you lol 

but that that does make perfect sense 

Just now, Fightforever said:

Interestingg how once the yearly ffp wage rising rule was removed we started spending 

Weird how we’ve now got a huge bank facilty to dip our willies in we start spending.

• Haha 1

Just now, Max Power said:

You really don’t see signings from Premier League clubs for less than £20m these days and Pérez is a key player with time left on his deal. There will be some clauses that if met will mean he is a success so not really bothered about the fee. 

exactly    considering we are wanting 80m+ for harry Maguire, Im astonished so many people still grumble at a measly 30m (which by the way the Leicester Mercury say the fee won't be more than the 28m we paid for Slowmani).   

Even if it was 30m, for a relatively experienced PL player who got 12 goals in a very poor and "defensive" minded Newcastle team, would be a good deal

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think Perez will be given a lot of freedom to come on the inside with Ricardo running out wide when we're coming forward. 

Ooo.. Coming on the inside.. Ooo!!.. You are awful!.. 

.. But I like you! 

• Haha 1

Rougly £30m might sound steep, but he has Premier League experience, he's probably just had his best season yet, especially towards the end of it, and he's only 25 - his peak years are 2 to 3 years away yet. In the right system he could be a handful and potentially a £50-60m player when he's 27 or 28.

He might not be the name we're looking for but he could flourish in the system BR wants us to play.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not actually even funny trolling the Newcastle fans. After Rafa and the buyout not looking likely they're all so ****ing depressed they don't even really care who's in the squad. 

Literally a non reaction, just a resigned "meh" from the lot of them, not because they hate him but just because supporting their club is already so miserable. 

I do feel for them tbh. 

Ditto.. they have had it hard with that twat at the realms.. 

Guest SO1
Just now, Fox in the North said:

Very very good window if we can keep our key players and add Justin, Tielemans and Perez. Starting to build some depth at last.

That's not even including the players that will improve as a result of working with Rodgers and his staff. There will be some surprises. I guarantee it.:)

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This fella is fluid... he’ll play anywhere across the front far better than Maddison.

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Perez will play alongside Vardy at times and Maddison and Tielemans will play in a 4-2-2-2. 

Both right and it's definitely good to have players who are genuinely effective in multiple roles as opposed to someone like Gray, who can at a push play central but never looks natural. Having thought about it more I think this is the only sensible route to go down with regards to signing a striker - someone who can complement Vardy and play alongside/behind/wide of him as well as step in for him if necessary, rather than bringing in an out-and-out no.9.