Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

He scored 12 goals playing on a team that was trying to finish every match 0-0.  He might get more with a club that's actually trying to score.

Perez wouldn't by first choice for an attacking player signing, because that would be a pure winger who's more of an established scorer.  But the regime clearly values versatility, and he definitely brings that.

• Like 1

Phwoar 30m is steep, but reckon he will work out well. Not sure how we will set up though, he isn't coming to sit on the bench. 

Think we need to offload a couple players though, our squad seems huge if we add Perez and Tielewiele.

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Phwoar 30m is steep, but reckon he will work out well. Not sure how we will set up though, he isn't coming to sit on the bench. 

Think we need to offload a couple players though, our squad seems huge if we add Perez and Tielewiele.

Yeah, was thinking this earlier.

Ina 4141, with Wilfred sitting in front of the back four and Vardy in front of the midfield, we will presumably have Perez wide right, Madders and Youri in the middle and Barnes on the left? 

• Like 1

40 plus goals last few seasons in a team intent on achieving 0-0 every week 

give him a chance , add in £30m is fairly average spend in PL these days , I’m happy with him and think Rodgers can coach him to become a £60m player 

we paid £25m for nacho who played about 25mins in the premier league and scored a hand full of goals 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, was thinking this earlier.

Ina 4141, with Wilfred sitting in front of the back four and Vardy in front of the midfield, we will presumably have Perez wide right, Madders and Youri in the middle and Barnes on the left? 

That could be such a strong 11 if we work it right 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

£30m for a 12 goal player from a prem club is way more realistic than £16m. Especially when you consider the ludicrous valuations our fans put on our players.

True,  10 quid for Slimani is outrageous. Far too much.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I do think he's exactly the sort of player that'll look about ten times better playing with Madders and Tielemans under Rodgers than he did at Newcastle mind. 

That's not to devalue their opinion of him, the most common criticism in which is that he's a confidence player and his head drops, but those are traits we were used to in Riyad and they're also not surprising given the general shit show of Newcastle. 

Hope so, as after reading a few of the toon forums they hardly seem sad he’s gone and half of them feel sorry for us and the other half can’t believe they’ve got circa £25 million for a player who only turns up in April and is missing the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, grumpy old git said:

Not so sure as some! I think he is OK at best.

Newcastle were offering him around for a few million last season. I think 30M for someone Newcastle been trying to off load for several years is far to much.

Grumpy

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Hope so, as after reading a few of the toon forums they hardly seem sad he’s gone and half of them feel sorry for us and the other half can’t believe they’ve got circa £25 million for a player who only turns up in April and is missing the rest of the season.

I'm normally the first to say we should listen to the fans of other clubs and I stand by that, I'm also not blindly delighted by this transfer. 

But I do think he's coming from a particularly toxic club, playing intensely negative football, largely expected to shoulder the creative and attacking burden alone with a lump striker and with an entire squad that only turned up after Miggy signed. 

Again, if we're signing him to add quality, depth, versatility and options then he's a great signing potentially. If we're pinning our hopes on him then a bit eh. 

• Like 2

Last season was his most prolific with 12 Goals usually brings to the table 8-10 goals a season which would be a good addition for our team.

I think his work ethic will help us no bounds and he could be the perfect foil for Vardy.

He's had a strange career in that Barca were close to getting him about 3 years ago and before he went to Newcastle. Think it suggests the talent has always been there and the right conditions would bring that out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's had a strange career in that Barca were close to getting him about 3 years ago and before he went to Newcastle. Think it suggests the talent has always been there and the right conditions would bring that out.

He had offers to go to Barcelona and Real Madrid before Newcastle (albeit their B teams) but chose Premier League as loved it as a kid. I think it is a very smart buy. Hopefully the £30million is including add-ons but at 25 and with nearly 150 Prem appearances already, a decent signing! Hopefully, he can really hit his peak with us too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He had offers to go to Barcelona and Real Madrid before Newcastle (albeit their B teams) but chose Premier League as loved it as a kid. I think it is a very smart buy. Hopefully the £30million is including add-ons but at 25 and with nearly 150 Prem appearances already, a decent signing! Hopefully, he can really hit his peak with us too. 

Yeah but Barca also wanted him 3 years ago. So it's not even just that he's a talented kid, clearly still had something.

Obviously the value is probably what affects the level of enthusiasm but either way he's a good signing and if it's sub £20m that's absolutely class

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It’s a buy out apparently

given how hard we drive a deal, I expect we will be trying to push through a lower alternative 

Decent player but absolutely no idea where he fits into our starting 11. A wide player he most certainly isn't.

If he plays at 10 does that mean Madison isn't in the side?

We've seen spending a fortune on forwards and not playing them in their natural positions doesn't work with Slim and Musa.

2 hours ago, One Arm Babba said:

Dog 5hit, bottom 6 signing. Not the sort of player we should be going for if we are aiming for top 6. 

Like Maguire was when we signed him from the relegated Hull? looks like we'll make a small profit on that  "Dog 5hit" signing...nice cast by the way. lol

I've not watched him in any but the City matches and he seems like a quality player, as to the finances, if it's not going to impact FFP I'm quite happy we've gone for him.

Edited by norwichfox