Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

5 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

So much for Sky Sports being ITK.

Not a murmur from the so-called "experts".

I mean they’re ****ed if they do ****ed if they don’t aren’t they. Not all journos will have the same sources, so for example Geoff might know somebody that Dorset doesn’t, and Geoff has the opportunity to break the news, just because you work for Sky Sports doesn’t mean you have a god given right to every relationship across the whole football community....if then Sky Started reporting it it would be “oh look sky are just rehashing it, AS USUAL!” - so they can’t win if they’re just not in the right place at the right time. I’d hazard a guess that Sky will be the first to break that it’s official though. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

The 25-year-old tops the charts for both tackles and interceptions by forward players this season, according to Football 365. Combined, he has 101 – 36 more than the next highest. The most for Liverpool is Sadio Mane who does make 5th on that list, although his 49 is less than half of Perez’s total.

This is one of the best things about the guy - he’s a team player. Also scoring 12 goals for a Benitez team is extremely impressive. Rafa is a really good manager but he’s pragmatic and known for making teams tough to beat. Vardy scored a lot under Puel but it was no surprise to see his tally increase dramatically under Rodgers because quite simply he got more chances. Plus he’s just come off his best season and still not hit his physical prime. 

Perez might not be blockbuster but neither were Huth, Albrighton, Evans, Kasper or Morgan. All proved to be great signings. 

Just like the JJ signing this one just makes sense. And it doesn’t close the door for Gray who though has yet to live up to his billing was still one of the few bright spots of the England U21 team. 

If 15m is the price I genuinely feel sorry for Newcastle fans. Losing a great manager who connected with the fans and your best player on the cheap in the same week must be mortifiying. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

1 minute ago, Shamomoa said:

has there actually been any links to this signing? i looked through about 5 or 6 pages earlier and it was just pure b****x with no links ? we just making our own transfer news up now out of boredom?

Absolutely no links and a total non story

• Like 1

He had a right purple patch towards the end of last season where he was on fire and he's thought very highly of up here. 

This would be great business but can't see it happening at that price to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Perez will be our best right sided attacker. I expect him to start really.

Agreed. I think he will start and play slightly inside on the right, allowing Ricardo to provide the width on the overlap

• Like 1

I still think Maguire’s off, it’ll fund the other transfers we have planned, especially if we want a £30-50 million winger in addition to Tielemans, Justin and Perez.

Selling Slim and Silva will free up wages and bring in some funds.  However, just because we can now spend more on players wages after the relaxation of some FFP rules, doesn’t mean the owners will allow spending to go out of control

Just now, Shamomoa said:

so are we just aiming for a guiness world record for the longest thread with the most ammount of c**p posted? because if anyone can its foxes talk! ?

or was that the tielemans thread before it got locked ?

Fair play - I thought it couldn’t happen based on what a prem player would usually cost, but £16m is fair for us. Feel sorry for Newcastle but they just aren’t in a position to hold players back. Hope they can come back stronger once mike fecks off 

• Like 1