Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

Just now, Ric Flair said:

For anyone worried about us not being prepared or able to pay the £40m + for Tielemans but you believe we are paying £30m for Perez needs to just talk that through to themselves. Tielemans is a formality.

Top is going balls deep

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You know many 12 goals players proven in this league you could get for less? We were getting quoted that and more for Deeney 3 years ago.

We paid £22m for some unproven Turkish CB which nobody had an issue with. Now £30m for a player who was actually rather good last year gets sniffed at.

If this ****ers name was Hakim I’m hard Ballyhoobaongo from the French league people would have a hard on and be lapping it up and not caring he’s cost that.

I'm speechless, I really am mate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Whenever I've seen him he's been playing just off the striker, which makes me worry that our solution to our winger shortage is to move Maddison wide permanently and have Perez behind Vardy. Might not be the case but he's not an obvious first team winger signing, nor is he going above Maddison in the no.10 pecking order. All conjecture on my part and he's a tidy player, but I don't really see where he fits in apart from as a bit of a jack of all trades rotation option.

This fella is fluid... he’ll play anywhere across the front far better than Maddison.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Whenever I've seen him he's been playing just off the striker, which makes me worry that our solution to our winger shortage is to move Maddison wide permanently and have Perez behind Vardy. Might not be the case but he's not an obvious first team winger signing, nor is he going above Maddison in the no.10 pecking order. All conjecture on my part and he's a tidy player, but I don't really see where he fits in apart from as a bit of a jack of all trades rotation option.

I think Perez will play alongside Vardy at times and Maddison and Tielemans will play in a 4-2-2-2. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You know many 12 goals players proven in this league you could get for less? We were getting quoted that and more for Deeney 3 years ago.

We paid £22m for some unproven Turkish CB which nobody had an issue with. Now £30m for a player who was actually rather good last year gets sniffed at.

If this ****ers name was Hakim I’m hard Ballyhoobaongo from the French league people would have a hard on and be lapping it up and not caring he’s cost that.

I'm definitely of the opinion that this would be a good acquisition. He is an improvement on that right side (which is where I'm guessing he'll be deployed) with good versitility across the front. 

What's impressed me about him is his progress and gradual improvement over the last few years, with last season showing a great level of performance in what was a defensive Newcastle side. We'll be getting a much improved player who'll fit into our ethos in a position where we need to improve at a price which while high is IMO good value in the current market. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

£30m seems excessive, no doubt he’s a very good player. Hopefully Brendan can get him to reproduce his form over the last couple of months of the season on a consistent basis, then £30m won’t seem quite as hefty!

In today's transfer market 30 mill is about right 

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

I'm definitely of the opinion that this would be a good acquisition. He is an improvement on that right side (which is where I'm guessing he'll be deployed) with good versitility across the front. 

What's impressed me about him is his progress and gradual improvement over the last few years, with last season showing a great level of performance in what was a defensive Newcastle side. We'll be getting a much improved player who'll fit into our ethos in a position where we need to improve at a price which while high is IMO good value in the current market. 

Can’t remember who they played at the end of the season, but it was a top 6 team and he was absolutely ace and stood out a mile. If he keeps putting in those performances then £30m for a 25 year old is sound as a pound.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Indeed!

But when we paid 16m for Musa, 30m for Slimani and 22m for Silva we can't really poke fun at others :facepalm:

Sometimes it's good to be pragmatic about signings. Whenever you sign a foreign player, you always get your hopes up. Perhaps the player will be another Mahrez or Kante who is a scouting team special, a world class talent that went under the radar. But most times that's not the case. We have a really exciting up and coming team and not every player needs to be a superstar or upcoming youth prospect. Two of our best signings in recent times were Robert Huth and Marc Albrighton! Youri Tielemans will be our marquee signing this summer and we know he will be good.

As for Ayoze Perez:

The right age (25, about to be 26)

Experience in the Premier League

Can hit the back of the net

Hard working

Team Player

Just had his best season

Versatile

What's not to like?

... His hair. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

I don’t compute £30m being a lot when some people on here value Maguire at £80+, Maddison at £50/60m, Chilwell and Ricardo £50m etc etc.

He scored 12 goals in the most negative and boring Newcastle team I’ve had the misfortune to watch. He works his trollocks off, has some moves and can share Chillwells brylcream whilst tucking away a dozen or more goals a year.

It must be right if it’s coming from you Babylon lol 

Just now, chapero82 said:

It must be right if it’s coming from you Babylon lol 

I’m the tightest ****er about and I think he’s value. Man U just paid £50m for a kid who I’ve never seen kick the ball straight*

*small sample of games :D

• Like 1

Guest SO1
27 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Ziyech is the same price 

Ziyech is probably not going to want to come here with us having no European football. As talented as he seems to be he hasn't done it in the Premier League. Yet.