Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Paid £12.6m for Liverpool's 9th choice goalie, paid £12.6m for Ghezzal when Monaco only wanted £5m and then paid £32m for 2 defenders we never considered worthy of replacing Maguire. Sign a proven Prem player after his best season, with stats that tick all crucial areas we desperately need for £25-30m? Why would that be a) surprising or b) outrageous? 

I guarantee if he had never played in the Prem but came from France or Spai  having scores 13 in 40 from the wing that nobody would care about the price, and be excited. 

Well happy with this.

Excellent point!

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I’ll jinx it now but this must the quickest gap from first rumours to done deal ever? Slick work behind the scenes. 

Danny Ward last summer was rapid as well.

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

I'm doing the Maths and it doesn't add up... I'm getting 16.5m

Sorry but not having that joke when Andy King's in there, show the man some respect.:kingy:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Sorry but not having that joke when Andy King's in there, show the man some respect.:kingy:

I suppose I'm just factoring in how much we should pay somebody to take Slimani and James off our wage bill :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Paid £12.6m for Liverpool's 9th choice goalie, paid £12.6m for Ghezzal when Monaco only wanted £5m and then paid £32m for 2 defenders we never considered worthy of replacing Maguire. Sign a proven Prem player after his best season, with stats that tick all crucial areas we desperately need for £25-30m? Why would that be a) surprising or b) outrageous? 

I guarantee if he had never played in the Prem but came from France or Spai  having scores 13 in 40 from the wing that nobody would care about the price, and be excited. 

Well happy with this.

100% agree. Obviously would prefer it to be as low a price as possible but if it's £30m, it's £30m. 

Not only does he improve our starting 11 playing on the right but he enhances the depth we have in a number of other positions. Cracking signing. 

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mainly played as a right winger last season, likes to drift inside and usually ends up behind the striker

Funny you say that, he mostly played in the 10 role or the left side pre Christmas, after crimbo pretty much all down the right, jawdees know nowt lol

1 minute ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Another club (Newcastle) that feels toxic right now.

We are truly BLESSED with our owners.

Yep. Actually feel very sorry for them. They've got unbelievable fans and surely for somebody's wanting to invest, they are the perfect club. 

Best owner v worst owner.

"don't worry it's not my money" blah blah blah but £30m seems like alot of money for a guy who's preferred position is taken up by Maddison and (hopefully) Tielemans.

Ok he plays wide, but more on the inside channels, will he work in our 4141?

Edited by wardyfox86

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

Earlier reports from May mention a 30m euro release clause.

That’s a big improvement on the 39 billion release clause she got last time...

Edited by Buce

Considering he got 12 goals in a team that basically limited themselves to a handful of chances per game (to varying degrees of success), I'd say he's got potential. He's at a good age and knows the Premier League well by now too. If Rodgers can see it in him then surely we should be positive about this given that it's his first transfer window? He is certainly an improvement on Ghezzal, Iheanacho, Gray, Barnes and Albrighton (attacking-wise at least), so will make us more competitive. 

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

fee for the newcastle fans tbh, they are a great lot tbh, their club is toxic as hell and Mike Ashley is running it into the ground, 

I mean it’s not like he’s going to spend on anyone is it so I don’t see why they’d give a shit about the fee.