Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

14 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

"don't worry it's not my money" blah blah blah but £30m seems like alot of money for a guy who's preferred position is taken up by Maddison and (hopefully) Tielemans.

Ok he plays wide, but more on the inside channels, will he work in our 4141?

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a 4141 we've been playing. I would class it more as a 433 and Perez fits in there perfectly. 

• Like 1

I think with VAR coming in next season it will change the game.

Naturally, players with close control get tackled more, and I think we will see a lot of decisions going their way when the previously wouldn't.

I think this guy could be a great addition.

Tanner alluding to this being the big winger he was talking about last week. I know some will be underwhelmed at that but at the end of the day he can play in more than one position and he’s an upgrade on what we’ve got in the wide areas now so i think this is a good piece of business. 

I know it isn’t a marquee signing as such but I suppose we can only spend within our means. You’re doing well to get anybody WC on the wing for anything less than 60 mill in today’s market (who would want to come anyway). 

Edited by Manini

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Personal terms?

Seems enough to tempt players at small clubs to join bigger clubs ?

The club he goes to will pay more and offer him the chance to play in Europe. It’s a pipe dream people need to stop bringing him up as a potential signing. 

• Sad 1

People need to chill a bit does he improve the squad, based on last season is he a better forward bet than Shinji or Nacho, if he can hold down a 1st team place even at £30 million it is not the end of the world and it might just make Marc A and Gray step up. Looks a team player and judging by the meltdown on some of the Newcastle message boards they seem gutted. Seems to put in a shift and that will go down well here also must be some time since we bought a top flight teams star player

That Ashley is some serious piece of work, no wonder Rafa buggered off.

To me, Perez is perfect for us. He is 26 later this month, is a Prem player and has been in the country for 5 years. After loads of mega teams were linked in him earlier in his career he opted for Newcastle but like most younger players took time to settle in. He has skill but importantly is an excellent finisher and gives us something different. The major frustration for me last season was us creating a shed load of chances and we couldnt hit a cows ass with a Banjo. We need more goals and I would get Perez in all day because he knows the league. 

We all know what happens when you sign players who dont know the league, its hit and miss whether they will adapt (cough Slimani!!).

Anyway, get him in as we need 10 goals out of someone in wider positions!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Tanner alluding to this being the big winger he was talking about last week. I know some will be underwhelmed at that but at the end of the day he can play in more than one position and he’s an upgrade on what we’ve got in the wide areas now so i think this is a good piece of business. 

I know it isn’t a marquee signing as such but I suppose we can only spend within our means. 

But don't we have a potential marquee signing lined up? I'd rather have an effective player then someone I've not heard of and considered a risk!