Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

£30m is a tad on the expensive side but if B Rodge has identified him as a player to improve us then who really cares? Just so long as it doesn't hinder us making other deals

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

TBH if this all pans out it just shows how much of paper talk is to be believed. Until our ITK broke the news no one had Perez on their radar. 

We should consider doing the same when one of our players is liked with some big club for some fictional amount and not going all weirdo anti mode about it :D 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

£30m is a tad on the expensive side but if B Rodge has identified as a player to improve us then who really cares? Just so long as it doesn't hinder us making other deals

It probably is abit but then £80+ for Harry is perhaps also a 'tad' expensive to sell ... swings and roundabouts i guess

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not actually even funny trolling the Newcastle fans. After Rafa and the buyout not looking likely they're all so ****ing depressed they don't even really care who's in the squad. 

Literally a non reaction, just a resigned "meh" from the lot of them, not because they hate him but just because supporting their club is already so miserable. 

I do feel for them tbh. 

It's crazy how things have turned out for us and them respectively. I always regarded them as a massive club growing up, and they routinely beat us even during the halcyon O'Neill years, Alan Shearer being a particular thorn in our side, or boot in Neil Lennon's face to be more literal.

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Very 'meh' signing but will do a job, bit concerned under Congerton we no longer seem to bother looking for deals abroad and paying over the odds for UK based players but there you go.

On what basis? We've just signed Justin and are looking very likely to sign a top European midfielder in Youri and so what if we've paid Ayoze out of his buyout, our current options of Ghezzal, Gray and Albrighton aren't exactly the clubs top scorers are they? Perez is.... The bloke is class compared to our current options 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Isn't he like exactly what we need? A hard working offensive player, that can both play on the flank and as a striker. His tackles stats suggest, that he will fit right in with Brendan's pressing game. Not a name that really vows you, but he really do look the perfect player for Brendan's plans.

Proper decent on Championship Manager too...

53 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d turn down a Jeff just to see him staring into an acre of open left wing only to turn around and run it out for a throw again.

“Jeff Schlupps on the ball, Jeff Schlupps had a shot, the ball is in the stand...Jeff Schlupps killed a fan”

Sean 2016

• Haha 2

Absolutely love signings like these that just come out of nowhere.

He'll be a very good signing for us, he's got loads of Premier League experience and will add versatility and quality to the squad.

If we can get a top quality winger in and get Tielemans in whilst keeping everyone, we're good to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Should’ve added Mahrez 15/16 instead. 

Well I didn't want to upset myself before I sleep.. but since you mentioned it.

Screenshot_20190703-005012_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52d9f40a87703f19a700304062aafd3e.jpg

:cry:

In fairness Perez is boasting 0.2 more tackles and 0.1 more interceptions per game..

:cry:

• Thanks 1