Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Richie Wellens now managing Swindon. Up to second in League Two.

In his last few games  for us he was a sub and the starters had warned up and gone in.  As he was going in i called him over to sign my lads autograph book. He smiled and was nice. ... i wondered for how much longer kids would want his signature.... i wondered if he was thinking the same. 

I hope he is sucessful. My first ever game was lcfc away to swindon on about 1969

• Like 2

Someone asked in another thread about previous number 7s we'd had and I wondered whatever happened to Ben Marshall - checked, currently a free agent after being released by Norwich one season in to a four year contract.

Had everything to play in top tier apart from the mentality by the sounds of it. Such a shame he never kicked on after joining us.

Edited by Langston

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Someone asked in another thread about previous number 7s we'd had and I wondered whatever happened to Ben Marshall - checked, currently a free agent after being released by Norwich one season in to a four year contract.

Had everything to play in top tier apart from the mentality by the sounds of it. Such a shame he never kicked on after joining us.

Was it Barnsley away where he flicks the Vs to our fans? lol 

40 minutes ago, Langston said:

Used to bring his ‘Manc Boys’ down to drink in Narborough/Enderby way. Some horrific tracksuits were worn.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

...and maybe been  a part of what happened in the 15/16 season...

Whilst I like the sentiment, and change to the symmetry of that team and subs and we don't win the league imo. If he's at the club does Albrighton come in? Or Nathan Dyer? 

5 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Talking about Burton - what's happening to their lights? :P 

The floodlights failed three times in the second half, each time the power went off in the press box.

That power returned almost immediately (so fortunately I could dial back in to the talksport studio to let them know what was happening) but the floodlights took a fair while to come back on.

The third time it looked like they'd abandon the game, Burton even tweeted it was abandoned, then they sent a tweet backtracking.

The fourth official held up a board saying '28 minutes' added time

IMG_3078.thumb.jpg.9d4f6010642129e604b734f844e84206.jpg

Burton eventually won 2-0, fully deserved, could've won by more.

Bizarre night for all of us there!

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
  • Like 2