Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

Played well today, when he's got time and space he will pick a great pass almost every time. Frustrates sometimes when he's closed down he tries to free himself rather than just play a simple ball and keep possession. Form is definitely getting better though and involved in a lot of our better play today, assist to boot, even if it was a scuff!

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Played well today, when he's got time and space he will pick a great pass almost every time. Frustrates sometimes when he's closed down he tries to free himself rather than just play a simple ball and keep possession. Form is definitely getting better though and involved in a lot of our better play today, assist to boot, even if it was a scuff!

He must've given away at least 3 passes at the beginning of the game. He had a good second half though.

Guest An Sionnach

He is nothing like as industrious as Praet , and nothing like as dangerous as Maddison so a couple of good passes a match doesn't cut it for me . Pretty sure if he wasn't our record signing he wouldn't be starting.

Beginning to think that he wasn't chosen by other clubs because of his lack of pace/speed.

When he was put through in the 1st half it seemed like he was running in treacle despite not being physically pressured by any one. 

Anyway, aside from that, he grew in to the game like the rest of the side did after 25-30minutes. Found decent pockets of space and eventually passed well. Wouldn't say it was a special performance but he bagged himself 2 assists regardless. 

28 minutes ago, FIF said:

He must've given away at least 3 passes at the beginning of the game. He had a good second half though.

To Kante of all people as well lol.

The problem we have is Tielemans, and and the likes of Maddison, Ndidi etc is that we have them during their developmental years, they are going to be inconsistent within games. Hopefully we still have these players when they reach their peak. No doubt we'll be watching them perform somewhere else by then. 

• Like 3

YT was great today .....always looking to make the quick pass which makes the difference ......it’s easy to stop the play and make an easy one.  So he will inevitably make errors ..... I’d rather have the errors and assists than 90% safe pass success ....

and he was all over the pitch supporting play 

those slagging him off can do one ...... they’d probably prefer junior lewis !

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

YT was great today .....always looking to make the quick pass which makes the difference ......it’s easy to stop the play and make an easy one.  So he will inevitably make errors ..... I’d rather have the errors and assists than 90% safe pass success ....

and he was all over the pitch supporting play 

those slagging him off can do one ...... they’d probably prefer junior lewis !

I think most people cannot deny that the guy has an eye for a pass, I think most people's frustration for him at the moment is his lack of pace. He seems to be the slowest in the team by far (including Evans) and he wasn't this slow last year. I actually think Praet deserves his place more at the moment as he's not really put a foot wrong whilst playing for us so far this season

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

I think most people cannot deny that the guy has an eye for a pass, I think most people's frustration for him at the moment is his lack of pace. He seems to be the slowest in the team by far (including Evans) and he wasn't this slow last year. I actually think Praet deserves his place more at the moment as he's not really put a foot wrong whilst playing for us so far this season

Neither he or Dennis have pace, especially from standing, though Dennis seems to cruise at a higher level than YT can manage 

that’s never going to change ....and it’s not changed from last season .....

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Neither he or Dennis have pace, especially from standing, though Dennis seems to cruise at a higher level than YT can manage 

that’s never going to change ....and it’s not changed from last season .....

Expectations are very high with Tielemans and quite right because unlike Ben and Harvey he cost a lot of money . He never seems to dominate in midfield and part of me thinks he never will . He should be often our standout performer but he rarely is. Perhaps he never expected to play second fiddle to Maddison , do they play together well? I think the jury is out on this one.

The state of the comments on here. Youri and Madders are the best at forward progression passes. Granted he’s not blessed with speed but he does his best to get into positions asked of him.  Did Riyad tackle well? No, but you accept that because of what he could do...he’s never been that rapid so don’t know where these comments that he had more pace last year have come from...

2 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

The state of the comments on here. Youri and Madders are the best at forward progression passes. Granted he’s not blessed with speed but he does his best to get into positions asked of him.  Did Riyad tackle well? No, but you accept that because of what he could do...he’s never been that rapid so don’t know where these comments that he had more pace last year have come from...

stop being sensible, crack on with hating our players

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Based on what ?

one amazing pass at Brentford ........

Err no like I mentioned before, he's been solid whenever he's come on. His passing is really good and his tackling is better than YT. Like I said, he's not really put a foot wrong whenever he's played....oh and that amazing pass at Brentford