Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

5 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

He was playing deepest of the 3, it's not his normal position at all. Can we all just stop flaming our players it's one of our best teams of all time for ****s sake, you don't need a scapegoat every time we don't win a game.

It's not just one game though is it?

He's been well below par pretty much all of this season.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

It's not just one game though is it?

He's been well below par pretty much all of this season.

I strongly disagree. He had a couple of poor games and our fans have been on his back ever since despite him coming back into form for a while. Now his confidence is shot and people don't see anything positive that he does. It's a vicous cycle and it's not how you support your team imo. I know people will get all touchy about that statement so you don't need to bother guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

I strongly disagree. He had a couple of poor games and our fans have been on his back ever since despite him coming back into form for a while. Now his confidence is shot and people don't see anything positive that he does. It's a vicous cycle and it's not how you support your team imo. I know people will get all touchy about that statement so you don't need to bother guys.

It hasn't been though has it? He was superb leading up to December. I watched him at Palace away and he was streets ahead of the players in terms of quality and a real joy to watch.

Late November, December and now entering mid January he has been poor. Last night he was, after Chilwell, the worst player on the pitch. He frequently lost the ball, passing was awful, and in the past few months as either a deep playmaker or someone further forward, has created minimal chances. He looks tired and infact overweight.

I'm a fan of him. In the last two months he is the Monaco player they got rid of and that is concerning.

• Like 1

Brendan dropped gerrard - i trust his judgement better than the majority on here …… we're lucky to have YT here ….. we must make sure we help build up his confidence, not  add to any issues he may have ……. form is temporary, class is permanent.

cant understand why so much of the stuff on FT is negatively critical when it could so easily be positively critical - some of you should try it occasionally ! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maynefox said:

It hasn't been though has it? He was superb leading up to December. I watched him at Palace away and he was streets ahead of the players in terms of quality and a real joy to watch.

Late November, December and now entering mid January he has been poor. Last night he was, after Chilwell, the worst player on the pitch. He frequently lost the ball, passing was awful, and in the past few months as either a deep playmaker or someone further forward, has created minimal chances. He looks tired and infact overweight.

I'm a fan of him. In the last two months he is the Monaco player they got rid of and that is concerning.

My point is he was getting slated by many all the way through that period you cite as good form. The couple games I referred to were before that. 

Youri hasn't helped himself by the precedent he set himself by excelling so well during his loan spell, not to mention that so much is expected from a record signing, as well as the fact we have see him play so much better than the standard he is currently producing.

But let's not forget that it's possible that other teams will have taken note of his overall gameplay and how to counteract his overall threat, then it is down to Youri to adapt and improve, the latter I don't think has happened.

It's clear his confidence has plummeted since the start of December, and his overall statistics reflect this. He needs to be given some time on the bench to find that motivation and let someone else take his place, which could be Hamza Choudhury or Dennis Praet. No-one should be safe from being dropped, Tielemans is no exception, it may help him find his drive and motivation again.

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

. so once again Rodgers has got it wrong!! 

His tactical naivety is quite worrying. 

It’s refreshing to see him admit and recognise the fact he has made a mistake instead of arrogantly continuing to make the same mistake like some managers do though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nettle said:

This is what I was saying to our kid last night there's no way Youri is a holding midfielder as soon as Hamza came on i thought he looked instantly better. I still don't understand why Rodgers tried this last night in a semi final of all games it seems a bit odd to me.

Wasn’t put in a great position was he, the injury to Ndidi was a bit 11th hour and he made the wrong call.

its forgivable and like I say, at least he’s man off enough to put his hands up.

• Like 1

he looked absolutely knackered last night from the moment the game started he just looked short of energy. also seen a few saying praet had a terrible game, i think it needs to be acknowledged that Villa came to play a high level of anti football when we were in possession. was always going to be difficult to be free flowing when a team just sits in in front of you like that.

Youri could do with a rest, bit of a recharge and let others take over for a few games. sadly wilf's injury may make that slightly more difficult, but maybe its time to trust choudry and give praet a run in the league.

3 hours ago, Foxymcoxy said:

He was playing deepest of the 3, it's not his normal position at all. Can we all just stop flaming our players it's one of our best teams of all time for ****s sake, you don't need a scapegoat every time we don't win a game.

I'm not scapegoating. 

I'm commenting on his performance last night, in a thread purely about him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

At the end of the day we are a team of many young players who will be inconsistent and fluctuate between great and average performances. We are 2nd in the league, 15 points clear of 5th, in the semi finals of one cup, and still alive in the other. We have a vibrant, dynamic, attacking team that plays attractive football. Yes it would have been nice to have spanked the Villa like we did last month to have one foot in the finals, but if the current Leicester team doesn't make you happy as a fan, I'm not sure anything ever will. We are living in the greatest period in our club's history, and we are still improving.

Almost 'poetic' :appl:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Unpopular opinion but despite a fair few bad performances, he's still a vital part of the success we are having. He is the go to man that links the defense to attack, no matter how many bad passes he makes he still wants the ball (this is honestly a hugely important trait) He has the best movement in the whole team other than maybe vardy and is always available for a pass. He is a huge part of why we are able to keep as much possession as we do. 

Not to mention the fact that at any point he has the ability to play a pass not many others would even spot. 

Lets not get on his back, he's young and will have the odd brain fart but he is genuinely having a huge impact even if it might not seem it sometimes. 

If I had the sky sports set up I could probably go over the villa game and show 7/8 moments that he did the simple things that created space for others, or thwarted villa possession. But as fans we tend to remember the misplaced pass more than positive actions in a game.  

I also think he's been asked to play a different role to last season, he is rarely moving into the final 3rd and is being used a lot deeper than before. 

The more we get on his back and groan, the more likely his performances wont improve. Id still sign him for 40m or more tomorrow. 

Finally some sense. He was superb in that Villa game and so selfless. Our fan base really isn't happy unless it's 100mph and booting it long for Vardy to run on to. 

We have that groan in the ground every time him, Barnes or Chilwell do something wrong and they're probably scared Shi!tless every time they get the ball now. We've turned into west ham fans!

Last night sure he misplaced a few passes....do people realise it was 11 men behind the ball and he was trying miracle balls each time just to get something to work?? 

Ask any traditional top 6 team if they would take Tilemans for £60m let alone the figure we got him for......

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Unpopular opinion but despite a fair few bad performances, he's still a vital part of the success we are having. He is the go to man that links the defense to attack, no matter how many bad passes he makes he still wants the ball (this is honestly a hugely important trait) He has the best movement in the whole team other than maybe vardy and is always available for a pass. He is a huge part of why we are able to keep as much possession as we do. 

Not to mention the fact that at any point he has the ability to play a pass not many others would even spot. 

Lets not get on his back, he's young and will have the odd brain fart but he is genuinely having a huge impact even if it might not seem it sometimes. 

If I had the sky sports set up I could probably go over the villa game and show 7/8 moments that he did the simple things that created space for others, or thwarted villa possession. But as fans we tend to remember the misplaced pass more than positive actions in a game.  

I also think he's been asked to play a different role to last season, he is rarely moving into the final 3rd and is being used a lot deeper than before. 

The more we get on his back and groan, the more likely his performances wont improve. Id still sign him for 40m or more tomorrow. 

Agreed. He was really off the pace last night and particularly sluggish BUT everything still came through him or Maddison. All of our build up play involved him and he was the base of the majority of our attacks. Really important player for us. 

One issue that resonated with me last night was that he could’ve made a run behind Chilwell 7-10 times throughout the second half particularly. Chilwell has had a lot of criticism over last nights performance and I have to say he offered very little. But, he would constantly receive the ball on the far left and without the pace/skill to beat his man 1v1 he needed someone to work a better angle for him either to pass to or to help manoeuvre a better angle for himself. There was constantly a little pocket of space behind Guilbert which Tielemans in particular (with him mainly occupying the left hand central midfield position) could have exploited but stayed quite centrally. 

3 hours ago, Lizhang said:

I still feel people are overlooking the fact that this season every other team is looking in a completely different way at Leicester, compared to last year, and that it changes the dynamics for a player like Tielemans a lot. Like i said before, last year, even the lower ranked teams thought they had a fair chance to get some points against Leicester. More teams opening up, more space and time for Tielemans to move. This year, most teams will not be so eager to move forward, will be more hesitant. Since Tielemans has a key role in moving the ball up the field, he's one of the first players that needs to adjust to that.

Oh totally. I don’t think your point and my point are mutually exclusive though 

• Like 1

Just now, bmouth_fox said:

He’s allowed to have a bad game or 2, he’s only human. Plus also, even on a 4 or 5/10 he still plays a few key passes etc. And for 45 mins he was played out of position last night.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. 

Problem is, it's been more than a bad game or two.

We know what he can do, its now up to Rodgers to somehow get him playing like he was last season.

Earn your dollar Brendan!