Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

Though he hasn't been at his best so far this season Youri isn't the problem. He's not a grafter he's a creator like Maddison.. The problem is we have no Ball winners between Vardy and the back Four other than NDiddi.

We need another ball winner with aggression in there to win the Ball with Wilf. Which is why I'm delighted were chasing that lad Holberg from Southampton.

With him and Wilf protecting the back 4 Then Youri and Mads can flourish in a slightly more advanced position, Knowing that there is cover behind them.

This will bring a better balance to the Team and make us a better attacking force.

• Like 1

Whatever his qualities are on the ball, there is something seriously wrong that he or the coaching staff are doing in training/the gym. His lack of pace is alarming, especially given his age and the fact that he didn't look this slow last season. Yes he may have mis-controlled the ball in the first half, but he was still painfully slow trying to run through. It was actually pretty comical to see a professional footballer run so slowly.

Ok he played well on the ball and made some decent passes (including the assists), but there is still work for him to do to improve his speed. 

A point worth making about Tielemans is, he does seem to be slow for a modern day midfielder but if you think his fitness levels are suspect then check the distance covered by him during games. He is usually top for us and often tops the opposition too, he covers a lot of ground but he's just naturally a slow looking player. His football brain is quicker than most though!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I thought he was quality today :dunno:

First twenty-five minutes were awful but suddenly clicked into form and was pretty good for the rest of the game. Our central midfield was the weakest area on the pitch for me though today personally. 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

First twenty-five minutes were awful but suddenly clicked into form and was pretty good for the rest of the game. Our central midfield was the weakest area on the pitch for me though today personally. 

To be honest then whole team was pretty awful for the first 25mins 

• Like 2

On 01/02/2020 at 23:17, Anish said:

Whatever his qualities are on the ball, there is something seriously wrong that he or the coaching staff are doing in training/the gym. His lack of pace is alarming, especially given his age and the fact that he didn't look this slow last season. Yes he may have mis-controlled the ball in the first half, but he was still painfully slow trying to run through. It was actually pretty comical to see a professional footballer run so slowly.

Ok he played well on the ball and made some decent passes (including the assists), but there is still work for him to do to improve his speed. 

Oh you’re back, moved from Barnes to Tielemans now. 🦊😊

I think there is an tendency to be over critical of any player sometimes.

we sit here behind the keyboard making claims that a player should be quicker, better at passing, should score more, or what ever.

what we sometimes forget is that these are human beings, not machines, mistakes are made, hell i see a whole room of people making mistakes on a daily basis, but they still get paid.

the thing is, players do have dips in form, just like anyone else and everyone is different, some require dropping, some require to be played through it, its up to Brendan and his team to know how to handle each individual.

maybe if he was dropped and he isnt tired then it would do more harm than good, which could be what happened to him at Monaco, who knows.

but slamming players all the time is wrong, no one comes to where you work and moan and groan at you if you forget to answer an email or run a report, or serve someone in the wrong order, or what ever your job is.

Barnes and Chilwell are prime examples, both have had their hot and cold moments, but if we have faith they will get better, as humans we only learn from mistakes.

Guest An Sionnach

There are too many sensitive souls on here , criticism of players is not hate . I always check the independent ratings and you can soon tell who is in or out of form. Youri's ratings are worse than last year so something has changed . If you highlight this it is considered an attack , it is not . In his case he has a history of starting well at a club and then disappointing and that is bound to worry some of us.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

He had a blip when he was quite clearly in need of a rest. Slowly coming back into his own. Some of our fan base are vile. Is it really that hard to be able to say that a player hasn’t played well or is going through a poor run of form without coming across as borderline abusive? 

Come on, let's not let common sense get in the way of a good old witch hunt.

On 02/02/2020 at 01:22, coolhandfox said:

To be honest then whole team was pretty awful for the first 25mins 

I don't think we were as slow starting like we have been in a few matches recently, I thought it being mostly down to Chelsea being brilliant with the crispness and accuracy of their passing and their fluidity/speed of movement. I thought we did well to claw ourselves back in.

• Like 2