Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

40 minutes ago, FIF said:

Okay goals and assists are a minor concern to some.

Not at all you just did an unfair comparession between players in different positions.

I'm guessing you were joking about his defensive stats ( if not look them up).

Which stats are you looking at? 

Did you know that his passing percentage is 13th in the team this season? Even though he passes more than anyone other than our back 4. 

Is that because his trying to play more advantageous balls?

And the fact his played more pass then anyone else other than the back 4 show his not hiding, and is try to get on the ball? 

I think the only stat where he gets into the top 2 (he's never no.1 (joint) unless you count not being offside) is Key passes where he makes 1.5 per game. Madderz makes 2.5, Kel 1.4 and Ben 1.3.

Doesn't that back up my point about playing more advantageous pass? 

He's really not having a good season, so far. Maybe today is the point where it all changes.

I prefer to judge a player with my own eyes at the match. Stats have their place, but don't tell the full story. I'm not saying his having a great season or a good one, just his not been as poor as a few people like to make out.

Edited by coolhandfox

Dont see what the hate is about with YT.

He is one of the only ones to try risky passes that lead to KEY opportunities.

Yes they have not come off so much at the moment but instead of the persistent booing from our own fans and getting on his back and other individuals in the squad let's keep there heads up and cheer them on. This makes them play better while realising thier mistakes.

Booing players and getting on there backs does nothing but inflict negativity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FIF said:

We're comparing Assists and goals - isn't that the main job for both of them?

I can put the passing up if you want. Or the defensive stats but we all know that neither of them can defend.

I disagree with this.

Youri T can put the foot in.  He can defend.  He often tracks back.

I remember commenting in the match thread a few matches ago that, despite all the criticism, he had done a passable Ndidi impression, breaking up an opposition attack and setting us on our way in attack.  

Writing off Youri's defensive efforts, or saying that they are comparable to Slimani's, is not fair.

On 09/01/2020 at 09:54, Lambert09 said:

Unpopular opinion but despite a fair few bad performances, he's still a vital part of the success we are having. He is the go to man that links the defense to attack, no matter how many bad passes he makes he still wants the ball (this is honestly a hugely important trait) He has the best movement in the whole team other than maybe vardy and is always available for a pass. He is a huge part of why we are able to keep as much possession as we do. 

Not to mention the fact that at any point he has the ability to play a pass not many others would even spot. 

Lets not get on his back, he's young and will have the odd brain fart but he is genuinely having a huge impact even if it might not seem it sometimes. 

If I had the sky sports set up I could probably go over the villa game and show 7/8 moments that he did the simple things that created space for others, or thwarted villa possession. But as fans we tend to remember the misplaced pass more than positive actions in a game.  

I also think he's been asked to play a different role to last season, he is rarely moving into the final 3rd and is being used a lot deeper than before. 

The more we get on his back and groan, the more likely his performances wont improve. Id still sign him for 40m or more tomorrow. 

That half against Southampton is completely backing up my post! We are a far worse side without YT!

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Was massively missed in the middle. Keeps us ticking over and positions himself in places that open  stuff up for others. Does alot that's unappreciated and hopefully people see it now. 

They won’t .... he made too many poor passes last few games for them to see the whole picture .....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They won’t .... he made too many poor passes last few games for them to see the whole picture .....

My favourite part today was people wooing a pass that was cut out by praet I've witnessed people have lambasted youri for a few times. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Nothing wrong with a player being alternatively commended and/or condemned for playing well and for playing poorly respectively. Or for people bemoaning inconsistent performances. He’s neither infallible nor beyond reproach, and frankly the benching today seems to have lit a fire under his sitter.

Ultimately, we are better with him than without, and I for one am glad we have him. He’s young and probably will only improve. :scarf:
>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

I said to bench him this game but think we missed him massively. As soon as he came on we seemed to be able to attack properly. All the shit hoofing like Craig Shakespeare was the manager certainly would have been less frequent had he been on the pitch first half. 

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I said to bench him this game but think we missed him massively. As soon as he came on we seemed to be able to attack properly. All the shit hoofing like Craig Shakespeare was the manager certainly would have been less frequent had he been on the pitch first half. 

Share same sentiment. 

The criticism of him I don’t really understand. He should be the player in our team who actually gives the ball away as he is trying to make that defence splitting pass. Also if players are not making runs or moving into space where is he expected to pass it??

Our record signing should play

Edited by trueblue06

2 minutes ago, trueblue06 said:

The criticism of him I don’t really understand. He should be the player in our team who actually gives the ball away as he is trying to make that defence splitting pass. Also if players are not making runs or moving into space where is he expected to pass it??

Our record signing should play

Not when he has looked leggy and fatigued as he has done.

all players irrespective of value, need benching at times. Thought he looked class when he came on.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Not when he has looked leggy and fatigued as he has done.

all players irrespective of value, need benching at times. Thought he looked class when he came on.

I agree when fatigued he can’t play. But there was a lot of criticism of him especially on Wednesday night 

7 hours ago, trueblue06 said:

I agree when fatigued he can’t play. But there was a lot of criticism of him especially on Wednesday night

That’s because he had a relatively poor game on Wednesday. No player should ever be regarded as beyond reproach or criticism.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trueblue06 said:

I think he didn’t play well on Wednesday, hence the criticism. Though unfair in my opinion as I just think he’s knackered and needs a rest