Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s refreshing to see him admit and recognise the fact he has made a mistake instead of arrogantly continuing to make the same mistake like some managers do though.

.. yes he has admitted it but he has not learned anything!! 

In all the big test we have come across he has found a way to undermine the team. 

With Ndidi out, putting Hamza in his position would have been the obvious replacement, yet he chose to rearrange the team to compensate. It seems when the pressure is on his first thought is to go safe, after all his experience in Europe you would have thought he would have had a more positive attitude to challenges encountered by his teams. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I wonder if Rodgers' style of play being that of all action gung ho pressing has just broken the lad.

He's one of the least physical midfielders i've ever seen. Can't jump, isn't strong, is slow and isn't aggressive. Asking him to be a part of a strong pressing team looks to have completely drained him.

I do think this is a part of it to be honest. He's a luxury player being asked to play a quite physically demanding role.

He's got quality but this has gone on a while now and it's beginning to become a real concern.

Definitely agree with those who said we missed Ndidi and that people have gotten used to him, almost.

52 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. yes he has admitted it but he has not learned anything!! 

In all the big test we have come across he has found a way to undermine the team. 

With Ndidi out, putting Hamza in his position would have been the obvious replacement, yet he chose to rearrange the team to compensate. It seems when the pressure is on his first thought is to go safe, after all his experience in Europe you would have thought he would have had a more positive attitude to challenges encountered by his teams. 

Well he has, he’s clearly stated he made a mistake and will rectify that mistake. Basic dictionary definition of learning.

No one is perfect, every manager makes mistakes, have a look at that bigger picture, it’s quite a sight to behold.

16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Unpopular opinion but despite a fair few bad performances, he's still a vital part of the success we are having. He is the go to man that links the defense to attack, no matter how many bad passes he makes he still wants the ball (this is honestly a hugely important trait) He has the best movement in the whole team other than maybe vardy and is always available for a pass. He is a huge part of why we are able to keep as much possession as we do. 

Not to mention the fact that at any point he has the ability to play a pass not many others would even spot. 

Lets not get on his back, he's young and will have the odd brain fart but he is genuinely having a huge impact even if it might not seem it sometimes. 

If I had the sky sports set up I could probably go over the villa game and show 7/8 moments that he did the simple things that created space for others, or thwarted villa possession. But as fans we tend to remember the misplaced pass more than positive actions in a game.  

I also think he's been asked to play a different role to last season, he is rarely moving into the final 3rd and is being used a lot deeper than before. 

The more we get on his back and groan, the more likely his performances wont improve. Id still sign him for 40m or more tomorrow. 

Good post.  

• Like 1

He is young, out of form and experiencing his first English winter.

The whole team has been in a form slump on the good side we are still managing some reasonable results... hopefully with the better weather comes a bump in confidence.

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

He is young, out of form and experiencing his first English winter.

The whole team has been in a form slump on the good side we are still managing some reasonable results... hopefully with the better weather comes a bump in confidence.

It can’t be the weather surely....I hope it’s not as we have most of January and all of February yet! 

This lad is top quality. He knows himself that he is not playing well at the minute, you only had to look at his face the other night. But please can everyone at the games do their best to get behind him, not moan if things are going badly for him. Moaning on here is fine but doing it at the game will only make things worse, I fear. If we stay behind him, his form will return. We are definitely a better team with Youri in it.

• Like 2

A positive to take away from this dip in form is the fact that many clubs that were tracking him before will feel 'vindicated' in not signing him and he won't be a priority this summer meaning we'll keep him that bit longer.

I expect that he'll come back to form soon enough.

Guest An Sionnach
3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It speaks volumes that we expect him to produce so much, and that everyone (pretty much) feels that he has it within him to do so.

We should be backing him, vocally, vociferously and he is clear captain material but he is still young, only been here for 1 year.

He needs encouragement, not deriding.

Will copy the bits in bold to the Chilwell thread later

There is a big difference between Tielemans core quality and Chilwell's. He has no obvious technical limitations.

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It can’t be the weather surely....I hope it’s not as we have most of January and all of February yet! 

Agreed, but just to add another daft one could it be as far as I can make out he’s never played though a ‘winter break’ before 

YT had a poor match. And his recent performances have been below par. Is this a major concern? not really. 

A key feature of this team is that all our of players work in unison. BR has coached them well and they all know their roles. You cannot pinpoint a ‘superstar’ player who carries the team. (This has no always been the case Kanye/Mahrez).

Consequently. When a player is performing poorly, we can rely on alternative options (Maddison/Pratt/Choudhury) whilst at the same time allowing YT to stay on the pitch and discover his form. 

Interesting, teams with a ‘superstar’ tend to be teams that are the middle/lower teams (Crystal Palace/Zaha/Aston Villa Grealish) who find themselves in trouble when they inevitably leave.

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan

I been thinking about this, and some of you guys may remember every so often I make a post about our players choosing not to pass to Tielemans, and considering in the cup game Maddison was shouting at him to get a move on when he had the ball, I wonder if they now noticing this as well.

FOXESTALK player season ratings:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/matchratings/

We all know that YT has skills, but maybe he isn't starting material yet and needs to keep working on his game (like Iheanacho and Gray and Barnes). It's amazing the slack he's getting - and it's a good amazing - when you compare his performances to a previous record signing Islam Slimani. It's true that I've always liked slimani and thought he was poorly treated by us but just fyi

Youri in his full season at Monaco in 18/19 5 goals and 1 assist in 1681 minutes

Slim in his injury hit season at monaco so far 6 goals and 7 assists in 941 minutes

Youri this season at Leicester 3 goals and 3 assists in 1759 minutes

Slim in his full season at LCFC in 16/17 7 goals and 4 assists in 1280 minutes.

Youris excuse could be that he is younger but he is far more experienced in european league football than Slim.

Give Youri a rest, get him some BR training and let's roll with Madders, Praet and Hamza for a few games.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

FOXESTALK player season ratings:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/matchratings/

We all know that YT has skills, but maybe he isn't starting material yet and needs to keep working on his game (like Iheanacho and Gray and Barnes). It's amazing the slack he's getting - and it's a good amazing - when you compare his performances to a previous record signing Islam Slimani. It's true that I've always liked slimani and thought he was poorly treated by us but just fyi

Youri in his full season at Monaco in 18/19 5 goals and 1 assist in 1681 minutes

Slim in his injury hit season at monaco so far 6 goals and 7 assists in 941 minutes

Youri this season at Leicester 3 goals and 3 assists in 1759 minutes

Slim in his full season at LCFC in 16/17 7 goals and 4 assists in 1280 minutes.

Youris excuse could be that he is younger but he is far more experienced in european league football than Slim.

Give Youri a rest, get him some BR training and let's roll with Madders, Praet and Hamza for a few games.

Why would you compare the stats of a Centre Forward and a Centre Mid, its like compare apples and pears.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why would you compare the stats of a Centre Forward and a Centre Mid, its like compare apples and pears.

We're comparing Assists and goals - isn't that the main job for both of them?

I can put the passing up if you want. Or the defensive stats but we all know that neither of them can defend.

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

We're comparing Assists and goals - isn't that the main job for both of them?

I can put the passing up if you want. Or the defensive stats but we all know that neither of them can defend.

I think it would be a fairer comparison, I'd argue that YT is actual a lot better defensively then you give him credit for. 

Also you are forgetting that by most reports Slim was a disruptive character, whilst Youri seem to have a positive influence. 

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think it would be a fairer comparison, I'd argue that YT is actual a lot better defensively then you give him credit for. 

Also you are forgetting that by most reports Slim was a disruptive character, whilst Youri seem to have a positive influence. 

Still remember a game where Albrighton and Slim had a slanging match during a game after another attack broke down, only lasted about 10 seconds but it looked unpleasant and then Albrighton went and vented his frustration at the bench in regards Slim so I can well believe the rumours from back then.

Tilly will come good, the whole team has slumped a bit from where they were before Xmas.

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Okay goals and assists are a minor concern to some.

I'm guessing you were joking about his defensive stats ( if not look them up).

Did you know that his passing percentage is 13th in the team this season? Even though he passes more than anyone other than our back 4. 

I think the only stat where he gets into the top 2 (he's never no.1 (joint) unless you count not being offside) is Key passes where he makes 1.5 per game. Madderz makes 2.5, Kel 1.4 and Ben 1.3.

He's really not having a good season, so far. Maybe today is the point where it all changes.