Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As with most things in life, the cause is rarely a single event or occurrence. I suspect having a newborn, being the on field "managers man" and no longer the new surprising guy in the league, all conttribute to a downgrade in his ouput.

He still works hard, is a little careless at times in possession, but he is still important for the team I feel.

Or maybe he is actually crap...:dry:

He was beating himself up last night whenever the camera's panned on him after a poor shot or bad pass. He's clearly a class player, we've all seen it. Suffering in form and I'd imagine the reason's you've stated are contributing to that. Up to Brendan to decide whether Youri can play himself out of poor form or if he needs a game or two off to get his mojo back.

• Like 1

Think what we saw last night also, is that Wilf (aka "The Maid") does so much work tidying up, collecting loose balls, retrieving stray passes, that when he is missing, we look less capable, including individuial players such as Youri. This is not excusing Youri, his output has dropped.

As Brendan said, he should have just slotted Hamza in (Or Mendy)

36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As with most things in life, the cause is rarely a single event or occurrence. I suspect having a newborn, being the on field "managers man" and no longer the new surprising guy in the league, all conttribute to a downgrade in his ouput.

He still works hard, is a little careless at times in possession, but he is still important for the team I feel.

Or maybe he is actually crap...:dry:

He just looks like he's playing wearing diver's boots, his running is so slow and laboured..he certainly cannot play as a defensive midfielder, far too slow!!

Not sure what the answer is..

Answers on a postcard please.

• Like 1

I wonder if Rodgers' style of play being that of all action gung ho pressing has just broken the lad.

He's one of the least physical midfielders i've ever seen. Can't jump, isn't strong, is slow and isn't aggressive. Asking him to be a part of a strong pressing team looks to have completely drained him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I wonder if Rodgers' style of play being that of all action gung ho pressing has just broken the lad.

He's one of the least physical midfielders i've ever seen. Can't jump, isn't strong, is slow and isn't aggressive. Asking him to be a part of a strong pressing team looks to have completely drained him.

Not sure about, he coped last half season, just tired from matches/personal reasons I reckon.

Yesterday missing Wilf and not starting an alternative did the damage, then we went a goal down and looked a bit deflated.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Probably getting five minutes kip a night with a baby screaming won't help either tbf lol

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure about, he coped last half season, just tired from matches/personal reasons I reckon.

Yesterday missing Wilf and not starting an alternative did the damage, then we went a goal down and looked a bit deflated.

I'd say it wasn't until the summer when Rodgers got a full pre-season that we turned into a proper pressing team.

If he hadn't been on loan here I'd be fuming about his quality for the fee paid.

However last season on loan he looked like a genuine world class player so I know he's got it in his locker, form is temporary blah blah blah..........................

Edited by Gerard

Lastnight, was the worst performance from YT. He frustrated me so much and was a mile off with regards to tracking the ball and being aggressive, I would of taken him off instead of Praet, thought that was the wrong decision from BR. I have been harsh on Perez recently but holy cow he played some brilliant football last-night, really impressed and i hope hes finally found his feet in that new position. Back to YT though, something is going on and fitness concerns seems to show with the weight hes put. (neck) o_o. It happens hes human so confidence can drop off, just like Iheanacho.

Best be patient with the lad, he knows himself that he can do better, his reactions to some shots at goal is enough for me to see that he cares. BTW Maddison clapping at the fans when he takes corners, love it.

There’s a top quality player in there as we’ve seen but he’s lost his way this season, it’s sad to see. I’m confident at some point we’ll get on loan Youri back but it needs to be sooner rather than later. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Could his drop in form be anything to do with having a newborn? 

Probably, it batters you lol

Hopefully Vardy can sleep in the spare room on his west wing and not be effected or we're doomed

I think Tielemans is taking too hard a beating. He's definitely off-form, he looks knackered to me and you can see it in his decision making and reaction times, they're just a step off the rest of the team. But he's still keeping things ticking over in a side succeeding on all fronts and he's still getting up and down the pitch.

I think it should be mandatory for Leicester fans to watch a game from earlier this millenium once a week. Go watch that game where we threw Jason Jarrett in and got excited, or where Ritchie Wellens was the pinnacle of creativity, or where we had to use Harry Worley in centre-mid and went down.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 4

Don't think we can discount the psychological difference between being last season's 'suprise, wonderkid loan signing' and being this season's 'Record permanent signing'. It happened years ago with Waghorn. Had him on loan from Sunderland (I think) and he was great. Signed him that summer for £6m and he was gash. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

i was not impressed with him in last season either even tho he had great statistics

Recency Bias is a thing now I hear :rolleyes:

Guest An Sionnach

Don't persist with an off form player in the hope he will suddenly spring back to life. All Rodgers is doing is damaging his confidence even more. Unlike Chilwell , Tielemans in form is a pretty complete footballer so he has no technique problems. However for whatever reasons he needs to sharpen up, a period on the bench, hard work in training and a game for the U23s maybe should reawaken him.

Edited by An Sionnach

We have a top player here that's still very young.

Lets not forget he's not just shown glimpses, he's been consistently good from he first came in. 

Unfortunately he's out of form currently for whatever reason. Poor passing, lack of assists, slow on the turn and naturally unfit. Hopefully Rodgers will see this and I trust it will get resolved and we'll go on to see the best of Youri again soon

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, Foxymcoxy said:

He was playing deepest of the 3, it's not his normal position at all. Can we all just stop flaming our players it's one of our best teams of all time for ****s sake, you don't need a scapegoat every time we don't win a game.

He is frustrating his fellow team mates as well you know. The talk in the changing room ,while still supportive , is probably becoming more critical.