Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Shinji heading for Spain

• 3 weeks later...

There's been a bit of a hold-up in Shinji's Malaga transfer. He wasn't even named on the bench for yesterday's opening game of the season - and the reason is that he hasn't been formally registered yet. According to reports in the Japanese media, the club don't have the funds to sign him properly until they've offloaded other players, but If midfielder Javi Ontiveros's proposed move to Villareal goes through things could start moving. 

No doubt Shinji's shrugging it off as just one of those things -  as he did four years ago when his move to Leicester was delayed when he was held in an immigration detention room for several hours over doubts about his work permit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

you have to feel for the guy. Surely you would have thought that malaga would have had this sorted out before signing him? It seems that they signed him on a contract but had not actually registered him and then when they could not offload other players to stay below the salary cap, cancelled the contract. If his contract was not actually terminated before the deadline he is not eligible to sign for another club despite the fact that he is no longer under contract.  If that is the case then surely he would have some sort of legal recourse for compensation against loss of earnings?

Okazaki said on Twitter: "I don't regret anything. If I have a chance to play for Malaga again one day, I won't hesitate."

What a man. How many modern footballers would be this gracious?

Shit that this has happened to such a top guy. I hope he gets a great move really soon.

3 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Bring him back and get get rid of Nacho!

He puts more effort in thats for sure.

6 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Hope he gets offered the chance to comeback and train with us for his own fitness. 

He's one of my favourite immortals. 

Totally fine with this

Former Leicester City striker Shinji Okazaki has signed for Spanish second tier side SD Huesca.

Okazaki was released by City this summer and had joined for Huesca's Segunda Division rivals Malaga, but his contract was cancelled on Monday without making a competitive appearance for the Malageneans. 

He had signed a one year deal in July but he was released because Malagacouldn't register him without breaching their salary cap. 

But he hasn't had to spend long finding a new club, with Huesca taking him on for this season with the option for another campaign.

Okazaki made 137 appearances in all competitions for City, scoring 19 goals.

He was a key part of the Premier League title-winning season of 2015-16, forming a potent strike force with Jamie Vardy.

• Like 1