Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daventry_fox

Embarrassing fans

Pound for pound I think our lot are just fine! Yeah we have got some who make you cringe but as many have said, so have so many others. Losing Maguire is bad enough, losing him to a club that has a habit of buying the best players from most clubs in England barring Liverpool and then seeing they have made a chant about him mocking us in the mix can make a mild mannered soul want to turn into a loon. I for one think Im quite calm but when you analyse that these lot have got what they wanted, it can annoy the mild mannered among us.

BTW I`ll guarantee you one thing. If someone like Spurs had won the league like we did a few seasons ago, they would be strutting around like being Lord of the manor for 20 years. We won the league and have spent more time smiling and gaining neutral fans from around the world instead of being arrogant or annoying like many would. So overall our fans do all right.

• Like 3

It is the sign of the times, they have always been there, but with social media they come out the woodwork and hide behind a computer. We now have more fans, many of which probably have never been to a game or are to young to control their emotions? Because of the extra fans there is a bigger cross-section of society so more numpty's to give their opinions or views. As football supporters that is what we do, have opinions, you cannot agree with them all, but you may agree with many? The other problem is the PC police who like to think they can correct peoples ideals, will never happen. Everyone has to be entitled to their own options it is when morons use venom to try to force their view.  

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Seanfromenderby is to Leicester as the following:

- Any cvnt from ArsenalFanTV is to Arsenal

- Mark Goldbridge is to Man Utd

And to be honest anyone else of that ilk. Similar to those that film themselves while watching the game. Not sure what's worse, those that constantly record themselves or the weirdos that view it afterwards.

I don’t really think you understand his agenda if you’re including him with MG or anyone from Arsenal Tv. He’s a windup merchant that started off taking the piss on a small scale but people bite on it so hard that it’s grown massively. Arsenal Fan Tv and MG are genuine idiots trying to make a profit from their own club trying to do something they passionately believe in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Pound for pound I think our lot are just fine! Yeah we have got some who make you cringe but as many have said, so have so many others. Losing Maguire is bad enough, losing him to a club that has a habit of buying the best players from most clubs in England barring Liverpool and then seeing they have made a chant about him mocking us in the mix can make a mild mannered soul want to turn into a loon. I for one think Im quite calm but when you analyse that these lot have got what they wanted, it can annoy the mild mannered among us.

BTW I`ll guarantee you one thing. If someone like Spurs had won the league like we did a few seasons ago, they would be strutting around like being Lord of the manor for 20 years. We won the league and have spent more time smiling and gaining neutral fans from around the world instead of being arrogant or annoying like many would. So overall our fans do all right.

SPURS WIN THE AUDI CUP, suprised there is not a DVD yet!

15 hours ago, daventry_fox said:

I've seen Sean from enderby mentioned a lot on here but I have no idea who he is. Can someone enlighten me? I've seen his name mentioned twice in this thread alone 

He’s some saddo with about 10 twitter accounts, he talks to himself via these accounts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dayday said:

I find it hard to believe people spat at Brian Little prior to our promotion 

I as a longstanding fan cant ever remember any complaints about Gillies Bloomfield  just one match  a 5-0 home defeat and whilst inexcusable the trouble with Oneil was after the Sheff U game certainly one of the worst games ever at Filbert St

7 hours ago, Analysethis said:

I don't know mate I'm seeing more than a few of our lot saying we're a bigger club than Manchester United. I don't know whether to be embarrassed about those claims or find them funny. 

Like I said yesterday it's funny when it's arsenal etc being idiots it's not so funny when it's people wearing a Leicester shirt. 

It's like a kid throwning a tantrum in a supermarket you brush it off when it's someone else's but when it's your own you just want the ground to open up.

Probably not the best analogy but it's the best I've got ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, murphy said:

The trouble is that it always seems to be the stupidest and most offensive fans that are always the loudest.  I hate it too because we are all represented by association.

Loud and stupid seems to work, hence we have Trump, Hopkins, Johnson etc :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Amazing post that sums it all up nicely. Good stuff. :scarf:

The only thing I disagree with is the Maguire stuff. Some social media goblins obviously take it too far, but the base points are still valid - we've just pulled down the pants of the self-declared "biggest club in the world" to somehow make Slabhead the most expensive defender in football history, on the back of a season that was hit-and-miss at best. We were completely in control of the whole saga and have probably forced them to pay £30-35 million more than he's actually worth, even in this market - and I agree with the notion that, with other CBs in the wings, we'll be fine without him. With that in mind, I don't blame the troglodyte portion of our fanbase for giving it the biggun, even if their belief that it somehow makes us a major force is misplaced. This transfer only further proves that times are desperate at Old Trafford.

All that said, yes, our fanbase is weird. Strangely, I think the fanbase's dislike of Puel is probably the first and only time unrest in the stands has actually mirrored the goings-on both on and off the pitch. Even Shakespeare got a bit of a free pass for Sevilla and being part of Nigel's magic team.

Oh, I definitely agree with that. We got a great deal, and Maguire was far from one of our best performers. He'll have to develop a lot and cut out the errors if he's to be a hit. And it's a weird situation because, while I wish him well as an individual, I hope he's an abject failure at Man U because I honestly wish them nothing but unending despair.

But expectations and self-estimation got a bit out of control among some fans, to the extent that there was a belief that we were going to spend big to emulate or surpass the likes of Man U, and players would turn their noses up at them in order to sign or stick with LCFC. That was never realistic, and having such lofty expectations would only end in disappointment, and criticism of the team if we achieved a perfectly respectable 7th-10th place finish.

If you look at the examples I gave from our history of our fans being unreasonable - the abuse of Little, Gillies, Bloomfield, Pearson, O'Neill and so on - a lot of those were down to people getting carried away with their expectations and being let down when what they hoped for wasn't forthcoming.

Over the past day or two we've seen some of those fans who got a bit carried away already bemoaning the fact that we're losing a key man, wondering whether Rodgers might have second thoughts about the club, and suggesting that we need a massive flagship signing to repair the damage. I honestly think that by building expectations up so high, they end up deflated by the inevitable reality, and spouting off a load of nonsense when it happens.

But I agree with you totally, and definitely don't think there's anything uniquely wrong with our fans - quite the opposite. A friend of mine once met O'Neill, and he said something to the effect that our fans stood out because of just how dedicated they were to their club, for better and for worse. The same high expectations which have caused a toxic atmosphere in the past have also carried us to achievements which, for clubs in a similar position to us, would be way above their station.

So we have to take the rough with the smooth. We have to put up with people spouting over-the-top tripe, as well as causing earthquakes when things are going well.

• Like 2

On 03/08/2019 at 21:26, gerrytaggart said:

Goes with the territory. 

Give a twat an audience and all that. 

Social media is a disease. Your mates normally tell you when you're getting embarrassing. Randoms on social media encourage the stupidity these days.

Edited by Foxxed

I don't usually buy into this 'embarrassing fans' or 'cringe' stuff and i'm probably talking from a different viewpoint here, but now we're looking to replace Maguire our fans aren't half sounding like the Man Utd fans they were taking the piss out of only last week with the comments and opinions they are now coming out with, quite cringeworthy.

I never really saw our fans as being embarassing but it has got worse since we won the league. It is only a very small minority but some of our 'fans have been seriously embarrassing with some of the comments recently both on here and on fb/Twitter. People saying we're a selling club and its a joke we keep selling all our players is one thing keeps occurring and its really start to **** me off alot. I dont pretend I am a football expert, I just have opinions like everyone else but some people who talk on here and on social media literally don't have the 1st clue about football and their knowledge starts and ends with football manager. I dont know anything about netball so I wouldnt choose to go on the internet and talk about it. Many don't have a clue about football but still feel the need to spout utter nonsense. We are still nowhere near as bad as fans of United or Arsenal but it is getting worse! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I never really saw our fans as being embarassing but it has got worse since we won the league. It is only a very small minority but some of our 'fans have been seriously embarrassing with some of the comments recently both on here and on fb/Twitter. People saying we're a selling club and its a joke we keep selling all our players is one thing keeps occurring and its really start to **** me off alot. I dont pretend I am a football expert, I just have opinions like everyone else but some people who talk on here and on social media literally don't have the 1st clue about football and their knowledge starts and ends with football manager. I dont know anything about netball so I wouldnt choose to go on the internet and talk about it. Many don't have a clue about football but still feel the need to spout utter nonsense. We are still nowhere near as bad as fans of United or Arsenal but it is getting worse! 

Exactly how I should have worded this topic ??

On 03/08/2019 at 22:35, Dan LCFC said:

Our fans are becoming a bit Arsenal-like on social media.

Not our fans. Rather one or two bellsniffs are. This is because a small proportion of the population actually are bellsniffs and this is why every club has them

image.jpeg.2b592acb3c4c874ea701252a3c4fb58a.jpeg

Edited by Jacnah

On 03/08/2019 at 21:36, inckley fox said:

I honestly used to think that we had shocking fans. They pined for the Bloomfield days but forgot that they'd called for him to be fired. They booed Milne. They quite liked Hamilton. When Little revived the club, they spat at him months before we won promotion, to the point where he said 'I decided, there and then, that I'd leave whenever I could'. After 12 weeks of O'Neill - perhaps our best manager - they demanded his sacking. They liked Allen and Ollie and Sven. They constantly whined about Pearson, and still do, even though he took us from the third tier to EPL safety, and assembled a side (and began the run of form) which delivered one of history's greatest sporting achievements.........

Jesus. That's depressing reading. I've always thought we had more than our fair share of idiots...this backs up my thought.

On a side note, I too do not know who Sean from Enderby is! However, how people talk about him on here...I envisage a Leicester version of that twat, Richard, from the Inbetweeners movie who's on holiday with his parents!

On 04/08/2019 at 19:06, daventry_fox said:

I don't know mate I'm seeing more than a few of our lot saying we're a bigger club than Manchester United. I don't know whether to be embarrassed about those claims or find them funny. 

Like I said yesterday it's funny when it's arsenal etc being idiots it's not so funny when it's people wearing a Leicester shirt. 

It's like a kid throwning a tantrum in a supermarket you brush it off when it's someone else's but when it's your own you just want the ground to open up.

Probably not the best analogy but it's the best I've got ?

LOL  I get what you are saying and you will know more than me as I moved out of Leicester years ago to work abroad and have ended up in London. When I do see Leicester folk I get more pride than a superiority complex. I get that some of the younger fans have been blessed to a certain extent and will look at the facts regarding Prem winners and somehow elevate us but there is no harm in finally being able to give a little back to the so called big clubs, especially the ones who havent won the league in years, decades (like Liverpool) or half a century or more like Spurs. We are no longer the yo-yo club who used to get mocked and have a shed load of assets in our playing staff that are the envy of most. With that, we can give it as long as we dont strut around like Brazil or Barcelona!!!