Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ake is very good, I loathe to stunt Soyuncu and Benkovic's progress here but if we could get him for £50m I'd do the deal.

Read a piece where Ake said his preferred position is midfield.

As centre half he helps us bring through Benkovic and Soyuncu. If we have to sell a midfielder next season, they step up and he moves to midfield?

Burnley and Brighton largely play with packed defences, 9 players behind the ball so obviously Tawkowskiand Dunk's stats will be above average for headed clearances, they may struggle when teams counterattack us on a break. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Burnley and Brighton largely play with packed defences, 9 players behind the ball so obviously Tawkowskiand Dunk's stats will be above average for headed clearances, they may struggle when teams counterattack us on a break. 

Dunk might. 

Tarkowski and Ake are more versatile. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Dunk might. 

Tarkowski and Ake are more versatile. 

Those two would certainly be preferred over Dunk!

Not much value (As we proliferated) in the PL to PL market, are we not looking on the continent?

(Vogt please :ph34r: )

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sky transfer discussion pundit saying Ake is too good for us.

He’ll want a top 6 side - or big European club...

Yeh we are just little Leicester. Sky say we should sell our best players but don't think we should replace them with good players. If sky had their way, we'd be selling Ricardo, Maddison and Chilwell and replacing them with 3 bang average championship players. God forbid any team try to break into the top 6, that would just not be allowed! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sky transfer discussion pundit saying Ake is too good for us.

He’ll want a top 6 side - or big European club...

We're the best Ake could hope for if he wants to play and not sit on the bench that is. I kind of like how pundits write us off despite everything that has happened, it's like they have learnt nothing. As if Ake wouldn't trade playing in a cow shed to playing at the king power on double his salary, he would jump at the chance.

Edited by 4everfox

I like him, and I would happily see him come... However, isn't it a bit late to be scrambling around at this stage of the window? Appreciate that we can't do anything until Maguire left, but still it wont happen at this stage unless we offer them silly money, surely? 

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I’d stay off here as well then 

Haha, I have a self limiting factor anyway in that I have a daily posting restriction so by the time I get angry and depressed on here I usually can't post anymore anyway so it brings me back from the edge.  X

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why do people care about the media ??

brendan will just use stuff like this to motivate the boys .....

So he cares about the media then and it’s impact can be used to spur on the players? Interesting. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Money mate. Money. 

Money cannot buy more time though. Bournemouth ain't flush with CBs, Burnley are tight as feck, and their fans love Garlick and are convinced he would sell Tarkowski mind.