Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

Just now, Babylon said:

Well I thinks that we expected, the sale was coming at some point whether it was this summer or next. The silly money has just accelerated it. 

Agreed, we have probably £250-300mworth of desired talent in Maddison, Ricardo, Tielemans, Ndidi and Chilwell that should our ambitions not be realised immediately then we can recoup money very quickly.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

One thing I wouldn’t have done, play him in any preseason games. We could have bedded in Benkovic 

Yeah maybe, but I think it was part of the plan to drive up the price, give the impression that we think he's going to be playing for us come the start of the season etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I NEED NAMES AND I NEED THEM NOW!!!!

Just now, Kyle_Le_Don said:

Taraabt

I DON'T NEED TO SEE NAMES. I DON'T NEED TO SEE THEN NOW!

• Haha 1

Guest BlueBrett
9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Right. 

Do you really doubt it? business with 60 million debt that lost nealy 11 million last year and owes it's parent company tens of millions in loans secured against its stadium...

Fair to say Ake is probably worth more than the club I guess

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

So many hints to spending but no names to get excited about lol

The Perez deal came out of nowhere. One day on FoxesTalk an ITK posted "Perez!" and 24 hours it was a done deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening with new signings as the club has been well organised this summer. 

Would love Maguire to have stayed but we got a very good price for him. But imo Ake is at least the equal of Maguire 1) He is a Dutch International and technically better 2) His mobility is far better 3) he is younger but has as much top level experience 4) whilst smaller than Maguire I think this is more than made up by his athleticism. So to pay £75m for an all round equal/better why not? I have been very impressed by Ake every time I have seen him play over the last 3 years. I get that we have potentially got 2 good young CB waiting to step up and I hope that works out for us , just not sure that £75m should price us out of looking at Ake if Club feel it to early for youngsters to step up , particularly if Evans gets injured ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

So many hints to spending but no names to get excited about lol

Because it's rubbish mate. Ashley dropped Perez out of the blue. 

People like LinekersApples clearly have way less knowledge than they like to let on.

Talking in riddles and being as vague as humanly possible in the hope it turns out right, even then, they turn out wrong?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

You are wrong

Like many posters I value your contribution and bits of info, and fully understand that deals are complex, meaning things can go from near certainty to called off.

how ever....

your talking like there will be 100% deals done to brings players in, is this the case but just not announced yet?

as to say or imply we will definitely bring players in, with you knowing full well the complexities to getting deals across the line, is a bit risky in my opinion.

that said I keep fingers crossed ?