Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Ake is very good, I loathe to stunt Soyuncu and Benkovic's progress here but if we could get him for £50m I'd do the deal.

Your an imposter.:)  What have you done with the real Ric? The man I once knew who loved goals over all else.

Now siding with the fear mongers. Defense, Defense, Defense........:thumbdown:

The club had to have planned for this for over a year. Can't believe they didn't know they were going to get bent over. They had to have a plan.

50mil of HM money for a defender. We aren't Manchester City. This whole episode is starting to reek of amateurism. We aren't going anywhere without goals.

4 days left. Who knows what's going to happen.  If I was Soyuncu or Benkovic I'd start looking at the door or more money now. Ruthless Business. We'll see.

Edited by SO1

2 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

whats the hate for ghezzal? he actually looked okay against atalanta for the brief period he was on. give him a chance:chant:

What Atalanta game were you watching?. He wasnt in the squad . He isnt going to get a look in under BR and i dont hate him he just.isnt good enough at this level.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

What Atalanta game were you watching?. He wasnt in the squad . He isnt going to get a look in under BR and i dont hate him he just.isnt good enough at this level.

Actually interested which player he thought was Ghezzal 

Signed for Chelsea in December 2010 from Feyenoord.

Congerton and Arnesen were placed on gardening leave by Chelsea in March 2011 (and left at the end of the 2010-11 season), so it's likely there was some degree of Congerton influence given he was primarily in charge of youth recruitment at Chelsea.

Rodgers left Chelsea in 2008. Fitness coach Glen Driscoll was still at Chelsea when he signed too.

A lot of Man City fans were happy to be linked with ake ...... he would be a great addition - perhaps an improvement on Harry in some ways but I really can’t see Bournemouth willing to sell so he would have to stick in a transfer request - very little time left to get this done ....

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Of the three big money defenders we are linked with in Tarkowski, Dunk and Ake, Ake is for me the best player by a country mile. The other two are good, but would seem like overpriced signings. Ake I could realistically have seen go to Man City this window for 60m! He's good enough to play in the Champions League IMO. Whenever I've seen Bournemouth play, either against us or on the TV, he's always stood out in terms of quality.

I doubt we'd be able to get him, but then again the Tielemans signing has genuinely made me believe anything is possible. They have always shown a big interest in Gray so that could even be a potential bargaining chip to get Ake.

They were interested in Gray before they saw him play

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Why does everyone rate Ake so much? I think Tarkowski would be a better fit. 

I presume it’s his ability with the ball rather than his pure defensive ability.... we need a maguire replacement (could be benko if we could trust his fitness) who will initiate attacks and play bravely through a press. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I presume it’s his ability with the ball rather than his pure defensive ability.... we need a maguire replacement (could be benko if we could trust his fitness) who will initiate attacks and play bravely through a press. 

Is Benkovic injured? Not seen him all pre season 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why does everyone rate Ake so much? I think Tarkowski would be a better fit. 

Ake is better with the ball at his feet but I feel Tarkowski is better defensively. Ake is only 5'11, bit short for a CB 

I think we need to look at who will keep us safest defensively. While it's great to have a defender who can play the ball out of defense and carve up an opposition like Maguire could, I'd argue it was the aerial cover that made us more solid defending set pieces that was even more important.

I was glad to not panic every time the opposition got a corner last season. 

We have a midfield that can create chances in a game. We need to be confident we wont be conceding that many goals if we have top 6 aspirations.