Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

you know this for certain or just because Sky are telling you this. Calm down jesus, if we go into the season as we are we have enough to challenge.

We don't know it for certain, no, but it sounds that way.

This is our biggest chance ever to break the top 6, excluding the title win. And seemingly the club are going to be priced out of deals for the winger and centre back they need to do it.

45 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

With you - Think we'll end up going with what we've got and strengthening elsewhere, cannot see us getting either ake or tarkowski at this stage.

Wouldn't be unhappy with that providing the additions are right.

This is one of the main reasons the Club has taken the long term stance of buying potential & rough gems. Proven Premier League players at stable Clubs will cost an absolute mountain of cash. Bournemouth have every right to ask for that fee as he's their player, they took him and improved him.

Going on as we were with Soyuncu & Benkovic feels quite risky but the dye was cast last season when we bought the pair. Man United have weakened us this season but we got a phat sack of loot. I still can't see us signing an attacking mid or winger without offloading Ghezzal or Gray - so that could be our window done. Evans, Soyuncu, Morgan & Benkovic

One things good is Rodgers knows what Benkovic can do. He was late back due to international duty and has had a niggling injury. Once fully fit I can see Rodgers giving him plenty of minutes! Game against Atalanta wasn’t the game to give him minutes, we needed as close to starting 11 as possible to start and play the majority. 3/4 games with u23s then integrate him into first team is how I can see Rodgers playing it with him. 

That Manchester United fans are attempting to rub it on and claim some weird warped version of karma (....wider point - if the transfer market doesn't have a cycle of transfers - or a food chain, then the big club doesn't get sold players then), they are actually a bit concerned about us. 

If we were just some shit no-marks, they wouldn't be wishing ill of us or claiming they have nabbed our best player. You don't see them reacting to Swansea or Palace fans in the same manner. They are threatened. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That Manchester United fans are attempting to rub it on and claim some weird warped version of karma (....wider point - if the transfer market doesn't have a cycle of transfers - or a food chain, then the big club doesn't get sold players then), they are actually a bit concerned about us. 

If we were just some shit no-marks, they wouldn't be wishing ill of us or claiming they have nabbed our best player. You don't see them reacting to Swansea or Palace fans in the same manner. They are threatened. 

Nah, its not that they feel threatened by us, they are far to conceited to think that. They just know that Harry's price was over the odds and want us to pay over the odds for someone too.

But we won`t :scarf:

5 minutes ago, dnewty said:

ITKs have gone very quiet on this big spending we are meant to be doing.  I can see there being no signings this week but I hope i'm wrong.

It looks unlikely we'll have a huge net spend as predicted, as I just can't see us stumping up £50m+ on a centre back. But, we'll never know if a sale was factored in or not to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It looks unlikely we'll have a huge net spend as predicted, as I just can't see us stumping up £50m+ on a centre back. But, we'll never know if a sale was factored in or not to be honest. 

I suspect it wasn't factored in as if it were we'd have softened our stance? However had we not sold Maguire I think we'd have looked to sell off one or two in the next year as we can't be chuffing up £70-80m very often.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I suspect it wasn't factored in as if it were we'd have softened our stance? However had we not sold Maguire I think we'd have looked to sell off one or two in the next year as we can't be chuffing up £70-80m very often.

Well I thinks that we expected, the sale was coming at some point whether it was this summer or next. The silly money has just accelerated it.